• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Leraux 1.07

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Features:
* A challenging single-player puzzle-adventure game, including a wide variety of original puzzles.
* Around 2-3 hours of gameplay (and dialogue).
* Developed plot and characters.
* Custom soundtrack!

Shortfalls:
* Only about 60% of the intended content was implemented (the game still has proper endings and such, but there's a notable gap in continuity).
* Difficulty might be a bit much for some people, but feel free to PM me if you're stuck.
* It has a large filesize, which might be a problem if you have a bad connection.
* Has some lingering bugs; but it's possible to play through. Let me know if you find any and I'll fix them asap.

Notes:
Leraux was originally submitted to the Hive's Solo Mapping Competition #3 in February, a contest which was abandoned after long delays and annoyances (actually, the results came out the day after I submitted this!). I was under a lot of time pressure while making it (there having been a deadline), so not all of my ideas could be included in the game. I decided to polish it up a bit and release it properly to the general public, and I hope some of you will enjoy playing as much as I enjoyed making it.

Credits are displayed at the end of the map (they contain spoilers). I am not sure if I will ever add the missing scenes, but I don't get your hopes up.

Please do not post spoilers/solutions in this topic!
You can PM me directly if you have any concerns or questions.

Keywords:
Leraux, puzzle, adventure, mystery, riddle
Contents

Leraux 1.07 (Map)

Reviews
23:20, 11th Nov 2010 ap0calypse: Approved Update: Giving the map its intended rating from the contest results:
Level 2
i seem to be having problems with this game. whenever i try to play it. an error pops out saying the file is too large, or something like that. any suggestions?

Level 1
Awesomest map I have ever seen!Truly a master piece,and should be continued.I still can't pass the first one(Solved the Riddle)but I still want to see a part 2.

5/5

Level 2
yay after weeks finding this map (maybe tens minutes a day) on google , and today I decided to go through the miscelanous section , saw the familliar name and found this excellent map (which I first search on google "puzzle captain warcraft 3 18mb map) ! Im so happy for that , and I hope I can have the fun like in the past (when I think the map is 18mb if my mind is not wrong)
ps : I know posting here now will have noone to see this post , but I think in the future someone else will find happily this map and see this post too !

Last edited:
Level 2
OMG i thought you wont reply on this map anymore ! I finished the map once before , but now Im stuck at the part that i have got 3 tiles , solved the rune thing (with 6 steps) and now i cant find what else i can do , some switches' use are still unknown to me .

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Now, you clearly don't see this even yearly. I recommend this to all adventure fans. It's all logical, not random.

-thing is F10/menu just lights everything up; kind of a spoiler
-the water basin's reachable sides create confusion since you go east to reach west; at first I thought there were two basins; the egg and then the wall switch pretty much proves it's only one
-you could add skip cinematic mode option especially for loading
-an obelisk with a very prominent slot. I wonder what goes in there. This, after finishing the puzzle :D
-why does it just ends with a black screen after credits? No victory or self quitting
-like the dark endings

5/5 from me. I expect more stuff like this. But this story was told. Don't continue it just to do so. Make another interesting story.

Last edited:
Level 8
It's very entertaining but I didn't like the end, because it's a bit "daunting".

Also (as Dee told you) add skip cinematic mode option, please! :cry:

Anyway, it's noteworthy that your work has required a lot of dedication, so, congratulations on that. :infl_thumbs_up:

Rating: 4/5

Last edited:
Level 1
Omg i have been stuck on map with the 6 runes and 6 tiles, i completed those red runes,( in the last 2 it was 50/50 chance to hit corectly and after exploring map 10 times upside down i didnt find any red runes so i just climb on one and it was good, and i found last one easy..) and now i cant find last 2 tiles pls help! I did that monster thingy and i cant move on.. been stucked for hours jeez mapmaker should seriousely post some more hints FFS!!!
Edit: after 2 days of clicking around the map i accidentally found how to activate switch which is on the platform. Now i need help reaching to the switch on water near that big wheel... I tried everything with egg and chain but it doesn't work.. HEEEEEELP

Last edited:
Level 1
Great map, though it moves a little slow at times and can be frustrating. In particular, the rune puzzle is VERY tedious. I'm a bit lost as to what to do now, I've got five tiles and have solved the rune puzzle but there doesn't seem to be another puzzle to get a sixth tile and the rune puzzle didn't open anything that I can see.
hey dude did you found 6th tile? i am having same prob like you...

Level 1
After destroying Bogrull's lamp I don't know what to do. I need help.
Also I'm not really good at puzzles I only want the story. Perhaps you can give me the answers?

Last edited: