1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

PvE Events!

Discussion in 'The Oakwood Forest' started by Sephalo, Jul 24, 2009.

1. RaiN.

RaiN.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Was fun idd ^^
    Too bad the rune wars main heal was bugged and didnt have its stacking HoT working else we would've pwned her even with the imba 2 sec delay ^^

2. VergilThazaar

VergilThazaar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Cool! I'd suggest a balance instead just increasing the time, adding/removing ancient protectors depending on the number of players. You could for example have each player have to kill 1.5 protectors, meaning 6 players have to kill 9 protectors e.t.c.:wink:. I like the gameplay so far, could be dangerous though.. addicting..

3. RaiN.

RaiN.

Resources:
    Resources:
    balance on players will be done by directly scaling hp/armor/dmg/attack speed of mobs so we will just increase the time and it will balance itself depending on players.

4. VergilThazaar

VergilThazaar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok! That'll work too!:gg: btw the music sucks:hohum:

5. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    thanks for the compliments:p
    Though that music is tbh my taste lol. And I dont have music most if you might like on my computer so I just grabbed a piece I thought multiple ppl will like. Guess I'm wrong with that. I should add more LOTR music in it I guess since it's populair and uncreative but suits the terrain more:p:p

6. RaiN.

RaiN.

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like the one you used tho :)

7. VergilThazaar

VergilThazaar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Cradle of Filth

A Black Metal/Death Metal band, my favorite...
    Although I know you won't like it they have an album with great music,
    very easy to be set as background. Was planning on using a piece in my map but increases it's size by 100%,
    although you could use their music in your videos! The album is...

Damnation and A Day [2003]

...or alternatively a great music for games is EPIC music, therefore a great band is EPICA.

8. RaiN.

RaiN.

Resources:
    Resources:
    And what makes you think every single guy that plays warcraft 3 listens to any genre of metal or rock ? Me for example doesn't. That's why I liked what he already used.

9. VergilThazaar

VergilThazaar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I guess my posts are worthless since nobody reads them:slp:

10. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I dont like metal music however even if I would. It would be too loud so you wouldn't be able to hear the game itself, and I preferd to get a soft relaxing song because energic songs don't fit the game I'd say.

11. VergilThazaar

VergilThazaar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That album is not like any other, they have special background music that is perfect for games, but do as you wish... won't insist on that anymore.. Relaxing songs while spamming spells and killing a bosS? Nooooo, I wouldn't play a game JUST for that..

12. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm you misunderstood me. This is just the background music from the video lol. Wont add ingame music, the wc3 music is fine. And please cut the crap with all these negative comments about things that don't matter at all. Come with something useful or just dont come with anything please you're not rlly helping.

13. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    After a long while here's a new update about the Events.

Here's a little one I'm working on at the moment. This is a PvP/PvE event.
    The boss is a dwarf and is therefor allied with the Gryphonwing. The Bloodbane and Defilers have the mission to defeat him while the Gryphonwing should defend him.

Here's a little movie I made of it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC25GZvOOg8

He currently has 2 abilities but will get more soon.

Landmine - Deals ~125-175 damage to units in a certain area after 4 seconds.
    Snipeshot - The Engineer starts aiming his rifle at a unit outside 200 range. If the unit is still outside 200 range after 3 seconds he will get shot; causing heavy physical damage to the target.

14. Don-Para-

Don-Para-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, looks really nice so far! I think you should add some more melee creeps and mobility in the future.

15. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah I agree to that.
    I planned to let this boss get a phase where he jumps up on the ramp so melee people cant hit him. Then there he starts throwing grenades or something. And I couldn't code it myself (bit too complex for me) but I wanted to stop the normal creeps from respawning while the boss stage was active.
    As for the melee creeps. Like 80% of the creeps in Oakwood are melee actually. It's just a coincidence that at both events I posted here there are ranged creeps.