• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pub Hero Defense!

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is my very first map, I know i haven't done something expectacullar, but the reason of me posting this map was because i want some hints on how I can improve gameplay, the "fun factor", originallity and other stuff about my map.

This is a hero defense, where the players are in a pub and it gets attacked by its rival. I made some real-life classes, because every game always have the same hero classes such as warriors/fighters, mages/casters, hunters/archers/rangers, so I have decided to make something more original (if someone hasn't done this already), i think this has happened to go out well, as it do makes sense.

Also, I have spent 1 day and a half making this, so I guess its acceptable the way it is now, even though its not 100% completed.

Oh and, dont even be thinking of hosting this on battle.net =P

Obs:I am just 15 years old, but I already want to learn map-making, and if someone would like to give me some valuable hints to add on my map or to map-making, i would be really happy to hear you. Well, again i say, my map is NOT proffesionally made, so, be nice on comments please =P.

Obs2: Im sorry if i posted my map on the wrong forum of Hive or place.

Obs3: If someone would like to give me hints in how to improve the terrain in some certain places of my map, i would also be really happy to hear you.

Edit: I am totally open for ideas for a third rank, new items, units/bosses, skills and any other stuff.

Update: I've fixed the +2000% atk speed from upgrade and some other minor stuff...

Credits: 67Chrome for alot of skins
HoboHippo for Colour Spray spell
LOCO (Land of Chaos) where I got the voices from.

Keywords:
Beer, Hero Defense, Survival, Team Work, Pub.
Contents

Pub Hero Defense! (Map)

Reviews
19:51, 24th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 31
but the reason of me posting this map was because i want some hints on how I can improve gameplay, the "fun factor", originallity and other stuff about my map.

this is not section to ask feedback, we have map developement section for it.

Also, I have spent 1 day and a half making this, so I guess its acceptable the way it is now, even though its not 100% completed.

map that are done in less than 24 hours often turn out be awful, especially if it was incomplete as well.

you expect an incomplete map to be accepted into database?

Obs:I am just 15 years old, but I already want to learn map-making, and if someone would like to give me some valuable hints to add on my map or to map-making,

we have tutorial section for it.

Level 3
1 and a half days to make this? Woah. Gonna check. Also, use BB codes for description

Firstly, awful terrain and when I begin nothing comes. And also the tomes of power are way too powerful.

how so, nothing comes? I've tested it a thousand times my waves for some other minor stuff and it do makes the waves start :eekani: (Obs: after you click the button, a 30 second timer appears, and when it reaches 0, the game starts. I made this so that people can choose their heroes without being in such a worry to select one to not to lose EXP, and thus, they can read the description and choose their preffered hero)

Also, tomes of power are suposed to give a lot of levels.. so that I dont need to waste time picking up tons of them just to test the heroe's strenght. Plus, I would never put some of those on a public version if I would ever host this on battle.net

@septimus

I never expected my map to be aproved, all I wanted was some specific hints on what I missed and what I should improve, even though i read tutorials, they are never going to be enough to become good at map-making, and I did read a lot of them.

oh and, i think you got me wrong, when i mentioned "acceptable the way it is now", I've never meant it to be acceptable on hive's map download page just because i spent a day and a half on it. What i did really mean, was that, since I spent just a day, I thought that it was somewhat good for a one day-made map

Also, thanks light bolt, I totally didnt know that ><

P.S.: I will work hard on this map, until someone says "Atleast, its good"

Last edited: