• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Pub Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Pub Defense Updated (need testers!)

About
This is a hero defense, where the players are in a pub and it gets attacked by its rival. I have made some real-life classes, because every game always have the same heroes, such as warriors/fighters, mages/casters, hunters/archers/rangers, so I have decided to make something more original (if someone hasn't done this already), i think this has happened to go out well, as it do makes sense.

Notes:
I look forward for hints on my map, as tutorials will never be enough for me or anyone else to learn all the stuff necessary to create a descent map. The hints im looking for are something like this "You should've used tile X instead of that one" Or "Don't use that kind of tree, it looks ugly, use tree Y, it would look better"
What do you guys think about this screenshot? That was totally the best i could do on terraining (Yeah, i suck at terraining). Could anyone tell me what I should add/change to make it better? To make it have more of a natural feeling.
I think I've added way too many shrubs and plants on the rocks near the tents...
(Ignore that log floating on the river, its just my mouse)
[/URL]

I am totally open for ideas for a third rank, new items, units/bosses, skills and any other stuff.

I've added 3 more items, more units, another wave and some sounds and one more skill to the first boss.

I've added a new boss with some nice skills, a testing possibility of those 2 bosses, and 3 new waves (Phew, making this second boss has taken a lot more than I thought)

I have added a lot of new stuff on my map! I've added a cool cinematic for the Satyr wave, remade terrain, added more units, made another boss, waves are fully working until the second boss (because thats where it ends for now) I am working on a third rank, added a "Boss Help" on Quest Log and some more items.

I have added a looooooooooooooot of new stuff, I have modified most of triggers, added 10 new buildings, 7 upgrades, 8 units, 12 spells, the "Nerd" class with the Scientist rank 100% complete, fixed a bug on the Satyr cinematic and I have made all the units be able to attack air units

Attachments

• Pub Defense 2.0.w3x
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Gox

Gox

Level 2
I wanted to test your map but my warcraft crashes and closes when I'm just choosing your map to play, does it have something to do with my warcraft version? (It is 1.20 by now)

Level 3
well,that might be the problem, just click on Battle.net button and let it update. If your still having problems, then I have no idea what it might be. However, some months ago, my warcraft kept crashing after 10-15 minutes of its start-up and in order to stop crashing, I had to reinstall it. Try updating it before reinstalling, that would probably fix the problem

(If not, your CD might be damaged, or its just your comp)

oh and, I will reupload my map, I have made another big update on it.

You will probably notice that its size is smaller, but thats because I've cleaned some leaks and deleted some useless stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.