• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Provision Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
So, this will be the final thread about this map before it is finalized, from this point on it is all about polishing and detail work, as most of the large bulks of the map is done. When the map is completed, I will, naturally, post a final thread with the map file attached to it for you to regard, and use as you see fit :)

This will be the north western corner of the map, and the small fishing village called "Provision Point" mostly due to the fact that this is the only income of food-ish village on the island, with the village there also comes a forest, and a updated shot of the spot right in front of Wreckcove Harbour.

Hope you like it :)

I will add here a list of all the previous threads about separate parts of the map:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/saga-ruins-205361/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/spyglass-187870/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/wreckcove-harbor-173188/

Attachments

• Harbor 17.jpg
    Harbor 17.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 286
  • Harbor 18.jpg
    Harbor 18.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 234
  • Harbor 19.jpg
    Harbor 19.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 248
  • Harbor 20.jpg
    Harbor 20.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Harbor 21.jpg
    Harbor 21.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 227
  • Harbor 22.jpg
    Harbor 22.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 230
  • Harbor 23.jpg
    Harbor 23.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 191
  • Harbor 24.jpg
    Harbor 24.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 162
  • Harbor 25.jpg
    Harbor 25.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 183
  • Harbor 119.jpg
    Harbor 119.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Level 23
There are some minor flaws like stretched rocks and strange placed doodads, but this is not exactly a thing to accuse you for, because it's not a one-shot map after all.
So let me emphasis how much I like you... uhm, your work.
The atmosphere is great, and I could point out why, but I guess you know it. Now I can really imagine walking trough those little street with the drying clothes above my head.

I could add more, but I settle with: Great job.

Level 36
Thank you all for lovely commentaries :)
- Though please do me the favour of pointing out those "misplaced doodads" M0rbid.

Also, yes Fan, I have added a one such spot to the map, which can be previewed in my "Saga Ruins" thread,
I've listed all the previous terrain previews in the main post for rephranse sake, and to boost my own biased ego :p

Anyways, still hoping for some comments and ciricism :)

Level 23
Strange - placed is not equivalent to misplaced for me.
I was referring to this rock on the right downside of this screen for example: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...7882d1320540220-provision-point-harbor-21.jpg
Seeing it with the tile variation under it feels a bit strange for me. Might not be the most natural look somehow. But you know I am a picky prick.

Also: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...7883d1320540220-provision-point-harbor-22.jpg Here is grass growing on the stone, which does not look bad in the first place. But after a second look I wonder how that is possible. (Keiji's green thumb, maybe)

Now the site is backing up and I kind find more examples right now really, so I hope those do it. Again note: I am a picky prick

Level 36
Level 36
Few Answers:

- I adressed that in the main post, I will be publishing it, attaching it as a file, in the main post of the final thread. Though I don't think I will upload it as a template, unless I can do so without it having to prove to be too bothersome.
- Map size is roughly, or exactly, 96x96. And when doodads are concerned, there is no real way to tell yet, as the map is not completed, but I am currently at 4299, and I won't bother to go on about imports, or well the map size is currently 15.2 MB.
- It can be, if you will bother to do the hazardous job of placing pathing blockers and bridge elevation shit like that, I know I won't.

Anyways, as a little easter egg while you wait, have a look at my finely added lone fisherman on the outskirts of the city :)

Attachments

• Fisher.jpg
    Fisher.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Level 16
WOW, this looks realy good. To bad wc3 doesn't have a better graphics engine but I guess that's the beauty of it. I also saw your other maps: Saga Ruins, The Spyglass, WreckCove Harbor, etc. So this is supposed to be a sort of map template, right?! Didn't know you were into the playable map type of terrainig. It's clear that it's not a playable map because of the large nember of doodads, --- for those that are still asking this question.
I like your imagination on harbour themes, the atmosphere is also good.

If there any models you want for terraining, I could give you some more!

Level 34
Really good work! Honestly I don't think I have anything to criticize. If I were to try and find flaws, it would only be for the sake of finding flaws, which is a waste of both our times. It's simply good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.