• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] Prologue to Stone of Arynth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey All, I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but I would love to get some feedback, good and bad on the Prologue I have so far for my campaign. It's not finished by any means, but I figured this would be the best way to get some sort of opinion.

Orginal thread is here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f202/stone-arynth-soa-123770/

No playable map yet, but will come soon.

Thanks to all who watch and review.

Attachments

• Stone Of Arynth Prologue.w3n
    8.3 MB · Views: 121
  • t_simple_city_421.jpg
    t_simple_city_421.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 150
  • t_stone_of_arynth_cave_255.jpg
    t_stone_of_arynth_cave_255.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 150
  • t_kodo_mountains_194.jpg
    t_kodo_mountains_194.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 163
Level 4
Yes I am, have you seen me on other sites :p Like warcraft xtreme? There was nothing you thought needed changing?

Level 2
That was an excellent choice of Loading Screen and the environment was strong considering the stage that this project is in. In terms of what could be improved, there were a few noticeable grammatical errors and spelling mistakes here and there, but nothing major enough to detract from the Cinematic itself.

However, I found the credits to be a tad off putting, perhaps sticking some spoken dialogue in there would clear up that issue. Aside from that, the camera angles were somewhat poor and a little camera movement wouldn't hurt as the camera was often static.

To be honest, all it needs is a little polish and fine tuning, some custom music wouldn't be a bad idea either. :)

Level 4
Hey now thats what I'm talking about. Ok, as far as the credits what are you talking about? I don't know what you mean by the credits. Some spoken dialogue?

As far as the camera angels, I think I will revamp how it goes in there, what do you mean by camera movement?

And finally, as far as Some custom music would be pretty epic I agree, I'm not a master at picking stuff out like that though, any suggestions?

Level 2
Hey now thats what I'm talking about. Ok, as far as the credits what are you talking about? I don't know what you mean by the credits. Some spoken dialogue?

All I was getting at with that is the title in the bottom left during the opening. An actual opening title sequence with a splash screen title would have had more lasting impact and would have been a little more dramatic.

What I meant with the spoken dialogue was perhaps hiring some folks to do some voice work. It's not a big deal, I just thought it would prevent the title in the corner of the screen from detracting from the scene itself. It would also give the scene itself a little more bite.

As far as the camera angels, I think I will revamp how it goes in there, what do you mean by camera movement?

Just a little more variation I guess, with the transitions from camera to camera being slower and smoother, rather than one static camera angle sweeping to another. I just felt the whole thing was a little too direct. The camera work was one of the few areas that I felt definite improvement was needed.

And finally, as far as Some custom music would be pretty epic I agree, I'm not a master at picking stuff out like that though, any suggestions?

That depends on what feel and mood the scene is aiming for I guess. Having no music at all and sticking in some imported ambient sounds such as wind can do wonders for the atmosphere of a scene. For this sort of scene I would recommend a piece with a slow build, perhaps one which doesn't reach a crescendo as such, therefore reflecting what the scene itself is bringing across.

I hope this clears things up. :)

Level 24
It needs some custom music, and also I agree that the credits were a bit distracting while the dialouge is going on. I strongly recommend you separate the titles and dialouge into two different parts.

As for the camera, is does need a lot more variation. It was mostly static, and what movement there was needs to be smoother. You should change the camera a lot during the talking scene as well. Like you could have a camera focusing on the character thats talking, and then when the other character it talking you could change to another camera focusing on him.

Also at the end I am not sure why the camera suddenly zoomed out of the building so quickly, just for it to fade out afterwards. If your going to have the camera leave the building at the end it needs to be a lot slower.

As for the terrain it needs a lot more detail. Really its just the snow tile with some trees. I would suggest perhaps using an imported tree, and adding a lot of rocks to the terrain.

And also for the building, I suggest you add the roof. It looks strange when you have a roof at the entrance bit of the building, but then no roof in the actual room. Also I didn't really like the combination of the Icecrown doodads and terrain and the cityscape doodads. I suggest that you try and use one or the other, not both.

Level 4
I will deff be using more variation to the terrain, as far as adding the roof, I can do that. You didn't like the combo we were going for however?

-The zooming out is a camera flaw, I haven't played all the way through the cinematic, excpet for the bits I was fixing.

-The first bit I'm missing what yall are saying? How can I Fix that?
and also I agree that the credits were a bit distracting while the dialouge is going on. I strongly recommend you separate the titles and dialouge into two different parts.

Level 24
Well at the start of the cinematic the two characters will be talking, and it will come up with Arynth and the team presents, and then The Stone of Arynth while the two characters are both talking. I'm saying that its a bit distracting to have both of them going on at the same time, so I'm saying you should have the titles and the convesation between the two characters at different times.

Status
Not open for further replies.