• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Revolution models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello.
I was going to do this in 2019 but I started my work only about two months ago.
I managed to retrieve Project Revolution's best models and I've catalogized them with their proper texture files.
It contains all three Starcraft races units and buildings roster.
Terran is almost completed. Units need just some simple revisions like lighting, shadows etc. which can be made in Magos Model Editor. Firebat is the only outdated and low poly unit.
Zerg need more work than Terran. Many of models are lacked or low poly outdated.
All Protoss buildings are well made, although they are not animated as are not some of their units.

There are also some of faithfully reproduced Starcraft 1 doodads and a .slk files.

Enjoy.

CREDITS

The 3D models have been created by Snowflake Entertainment, the modders group creating "Project Revolution". The project was cancelled some time before Starcraft 2 was released.

EDIT
About editing these models - I am not decisive side to tell is it ok or not. I have publicised the models but what you will do with them is not my buisiness and I am not responsible for that.

My personal opinion is not sure.
Morally best practice is to have permission of the authors.
But - here we go - they are most probably long dead on the Warcraft modding scene.
I think if you want to rework the models in order to make them 100% done and you're going to give the credits to Snowflake Entertainment for original work then this is fair play for Warcraft modder and mapper scene.

Attachments

• Project Revolution Models.rar
    27.8 MB · Views: 553
Last edited:
Level 9
Yeah, although these models were supposed to be Starcraft original sprites' 3D copies as much faithful as possible.

For Starcraft standards these models are very well made. They still need some work though, it's true.

Level 14
I suggest someone save this pack as archive and notice people. This is extremely useful in many aspects. Another suggestion is complete animation and complete HD re-skin (upscale) of this gem pack.

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Last edited:
Level 9
As a reminder, there has been an on and off discussion starting in 2016, regarding the assets of Project Revolution here:
Projects of old, gather ye' resources... [Mod Compendium]
(please read onwards)

People might want to pay extra attention to this post by @BlackRangerXIII.

@Kam please, is all this kosher?
:confused:2
The models of the pack from that thread doesn't work for me. Magos can't open them.
It's a pity because there is Zerg Hive, the only Zerg building my pack doesn't have (because the version of Project Revolution I've got didn't have it in its files).

btw. here's the link to the mod's version I am still talking about:
WarCraft 3: The Frozen Throne: Project Revolution - Demo zum Download
It was from this version that I got the files.
You can try to play the mod if you can. You supposedly need Starcraft original CD in your drive to install it (stupid as hell, reminds me annoying anti-pirate systems of today). I have my Starcraft registered on battle.net but I lost my CDs unfortunatelly.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
You can try to play the mod if you can. You supposedly need Starcraft original CD in your drive to install it (stupid as hell, reminds me annoying anti-pirate systems of today). I have my Starcraft registered on battle.net but I lost my CDs unfortunatelly.
Requirements:
https://web.archive.org/web/20130915003725/http://www.cinicraft.com/ProjectResurrection.php

The Project Revolution campaign might still be very difficult to find? (I remember I tried to a few years ago, but failed...)

Level 9
Requirements:
CiniCraft's Official Page

The Project Revolution campaign might still be very difficult to find? (I remember I tried to a few years ago, but failed...)
I mean, I once tried to install this mod. The installer said something like "Starcraft Disc not detected in your drive"
or something like that.
You need to physically prove to installer you have the original version of the game.

Last edited:
Level 9
I searched the internet recently and I managed to find the missing "Hive" model and also three more models of better quality i.e. Medic, Firebat and Wraith as well as I have selected a textures respectively to each model and their special effects. I recommend you to delete the old versions of these three included in my orginal pack. They are inferior to the newer ones.
Report me if you have any problems importing the files to your map.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• Project Revolution Models part 2.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 176
Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I mean, I once tried to install this mod. [...]
I was referring to the campaign (Project Resurrection) made by CiniCraft, which is a separate download. Not the mod itself (Project Revolution). oops!

Level 9
Level 9
okie.

Should you ever happen to find a link to a copy of the campaign (that is, Project Resurrection), I am sure some people here would be thankful.
Yeah, about your original question (sorry, I'm kinda dizzy in this conversation :p ) - no, I have no clue about this campaign. But I'll try to take a look on the internet for it surfing-by. I'll let you know.

I am fan of Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 1 map-making/modding scene of old. It's vintage as hell.

Reactions: pyf
Hey guys, when I was a kid ~2008 we did that thing in my family with all the disks and swapping them in and out between Warcraft 3 and Starcraft and installing Project Revolution as it was meant to be. I am not affiliated with the Project Revolution authors in any way.

But several years later, maybe 2012 era, I found that because I was deep into Warcraft 3 modding and would sometimes copy my game install and then modify the MPQs with custom assets in the copy, that due to this way of living I accidentally created a backup of a highly modified Warcraft 3 installation that stayed unupdated in my PC backups to this day and is still compatible with the Project Revolution mod. By configuring the Registry of my Windows 10 computer to be as it would have been in 2008 but pointing to my oldest highly modified ancient Warcraft 3 installation, and then launching the Project Revolution EXE, I am able to play this mod and experience all the gameplay of the Terran race.

Here is a video of me playing this mod in 2019, but the EXEs and configurations are still working as of two weeks ago when I last did the effort of modifying my registry to point to my oldest WC3 install backup, and then connecting a USB Disk Drive to the computer and putting a Frozen Throne Disk in there and then rebooting the computer and then clicking Project Revolution EXE like in that video. When I do this, the game still plays even on this Windows 10 computer.

Is this useful to anyone that I am still able to literally play the mod after all these years? It is possible I could write some kind of tutorial. So for me it is not a collection of assets, but literally a gameplay experience that can be played as Terran.

Of course, I am not sure I would feel comfortable sharing my installation because I do not know which asset files are from which disk versus which are from Project Revolution such as the ones supplied on this thread. My understanding was that all the effort with all the disks is "how it has to be" because it uses so much Blizzard art and assets for this mod.

Edit: Given the complex sequence of actions to launch this mod, in the video when I said, "I fully expect this to work on Reforged!" I was being incredibly sarcastic even back then in June 2019 when Reforged was just an idea announced at the previous Blizzcon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.