• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Revolution files upload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Last times I had gotten Project Revolution very old demo. I explored the mod's model files and with hard work of mine I was managed to extract and collect the best models (and textures for them of course) then I categorized them carefully. So, I am in possession of a pack of very useful Starcraft 1 units models.

My question is: can I upload them here if I give the credits to Snowflake Entertainment? (the original modder group which was making Project Revolution). I will give the credits to Blizzard Entertainment as well due to textures reached of original sprites used in most of the models.

It has many Terran, Zerg, Protoss units and buildings as well as quite a lot doodads.

I am ready to share it with Hiveworkshop community.

Here are sample images:
star.jpg

Terran Army
star2.jpg

The Protoss (the Stalker model is Fingolfin work and is not included in my pack)

Level 9
Ok, I will apply to that.

I can't contact the original group. The project was cancelled even before Starcraft 2 was released. Their official site is long down and their account on moddb is equally dead.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
We allow uploading of models exported from other games. They need to work properly in wc3. But there’s a complication. You didn’t do the work to make it work in Wc3, but then again most of the work was done by blizzard. It’s good practice to ask those who exported it from sc.
I think worst case these models will be substandard which means people can still access them but they’re a bit hidden by default.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
We allow uploading of models exported from other games. They need to work properly in wc3. But there’s a complication. You didn’t do the work to make it work in Wc3, but then again most of the work was done by blizzard. It’s good practice to ask those who exported it from sc.
They are not exported from a Blizzard game. They are exported from a Warcraft III mod that is a recreation of StarCraft: Brood War. That game is 2D by the way. I think they had to redraw the original textures since they were pretty much pixels.

Here's a video to get an idea:

Level 9
They are not exported from a Blizzard game. They are exported from a Warcraft III mod that is a recreation of StarCraft: Brood War. That game is 2D by the way. I think they had to redraw the original textures since they were pretty much pixels.
This ^

I think worst case these models will be substandard which means people can still access them but they’re a bit hidden by default.
So which way to upload it is the best? The pack contains a lot of models. It's entire unit and building roster of Terrans, Zergs and Protoss including projectile and attack/spell models/animations. There are quite a few of doodads models too.

Should I separate it to smaller packs for example "Terran units pack", "Protoss buildings pack" etc.?

EDIT. I think I will just upload it in Modeling & Animation subforum because there is another problem: many models are unfinished. For example, all Protoss buildings are perfectly made, but they are not animated. Also I am not an author so there is no point to upload it in Maps & Resources section.

Last edited:
Level 20
Starcraft isn't based on models like Warcraft 3 is-- they're all sprite sheets. These 3D models are fan-made inspired by the appearance of said sprites.

Quite a number of the models are already in the Substandard section.

Status
Not open for further replies.