• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Revolution (Snowflake Entertainment)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
"Project Revolution" was a WarCraft3 : Frozen Throne Mod, that turned StarCraft:BroodWar into 3D.
it was developed by "Snowflake Entertainment".
This was one of the most anticipated Mods back in the day. I see they released a Terran Demo Release, But was that the end of the project? What Happened?
I have the Demo and the single Player Mission, I just never knew or found out what happened. Lack of interest I guess?

Most Starcraft-to-Warcraft mods were rather ambitious, so they often went down the drain after a while. The site still exists, too:
http://www.wc3c.net/revolution/index.php

But the creator probably just lost interest. It happens all the time. It was still a pretty cool mod at the time, though. Although, as gorilla said, it looks somewhat average by today's standards.

Level 16
I already had the link in my first post
Most Starcraft-to-Warcraft mods were rather ambitious, so they often went down the drain after a while.
That's my question, why did it become abandoned.

But the creator probably just lost interest. It happens all the time.
I tend to think there is something more to it, since the model and what not were also never released to the public. I would imagine after sc2 came out, all hope for continue was lost, but again, perhaps they ran into some sort of trouble, like maybe blizzard shut them down?

No, blizzard didn't shut them down, but the progress was very slow because they were too perfectionist, but then they realized they take too long and many people of the team had to left for personal reasons and then they finally quickly made up some demo which included terrans. Honestly wasn't that much good as they were advertising. Killst4r's models are actually even better and night_wolveX mod wasn't really worse.

It's a classic story of ambitious mods where the creators are snobs and perfectionists and even they are quite skilled their objectives are too high, never be happy. A notable example is also War of three hammers.

Level 16
No, blizzard didn't shut them down, but the progress was very slow because they were too perfectionist, but then they realized they take too long and many people of the team had to left for personal reasons and then they finally quickly made up some demo which included terrans. Honestly wasn't that much good as they were advertising. Killst4r's models are actually even better and night_wolveX mod wasn't really worse.

It's a classic story of ambitious mods where the creators are snobs and perfectionists and even they are quite skilled their objectives are too high, never be happy. A notable example is also War of three hammers.
Truly sad to see :(

Status
Not open for further replies.