• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Red Revenge! Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
THE DOWNLOAD IS HERE(I decided to release it since ive stopped working on it atleast for a little while)

http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/red-revenge/

Hey guys I wanted to share with you guys my first REAL project I toyed with the editor for long enough and even tried a different project to no avail

BUT YEAH So I am going with a ninja stealthy type map where you have to sneak around and assissinate people.

Right now its an early beta and theres not too much to show.

But I do have a video :DD

But there is already WASD and QE movement controls along with a mouse click targetting system for easy combat Theres several abilities:

* Strike - Basic attack can be spammed removes sneak from the player
* Sneak - Toggle Cloaks the player slows the movement
* Sprint - Toggle increases movement speed removes sneak from the player
* Assissinate - Require Sneak instantly kills an enemy in range
* Distraction - throws a rock at the targeted point distraction all those within range making them look at it (Beware fidgets allow for realistic short attention spands and scary results when trying to sneak by

The marines have built in behaviors that help them fend for themselves against an invisible target

* They have a cone of vision infront of them that allows them to detect stealth they will expose anything they see for a set amount of time dissallowing the player to sneak again.
* They also have an ability to alert all nearby marines to attack their target it has a 1 second cast time and calls nearby enemies to attack for the entire duration of the alert.
* The marines also have awareness they can see recently killed bodies and become aware and gain a 360 degree stealth detection this makes killing an enemy with others around very difficult and demands strategy to the player.

The game still needs alot of work, UI will be added shortly once I think of something!

Edit: New Lighting http://img293.imageshack.us/i/screenshot004x.jpg/
Edit2:
new vid with many new features!
Edit3:
(The video has been processing for 9 hours now hopefully it will be good soon)
New Features:
*Marines only cast alert when there are idle allies around them.
*Marines will now move back to their original location if farther than a distance of 1!
*Marines now get a glow when casting Alert.
*New Alarm Bot; puts an alert on any intruders inside of its red bubble.
*New Lighting I toned down the emmissive it was too strong.
*New Ability SmokeScreen; Clouds an area make you un-hittable and un-alertable along with un-exposable :D
*New Combat Targeting System allows for easy targeting, Shift click makes the player face the nearest target within 5 range. If in attacking range of a unit the corsair turns green indicating you will hit them.
*Some Terrain Changes especially in the green obelisk area.

Soon to come:
*Objectives
*UI
*Beta!

Last edited:
Level 2
(The video has been processing for 9 hours now hopefully it will be good soon)
New Features:
*Marines only cast alert when there are idle allies around them.
*Marines will now move back to their original location if farther than a distance of 1!
*Marines now get a glow when casting Alert.
*New Alarm Bot; puts an alert on any intruders inside of its red bubble.
*New Lighting I toned down the emmissive it was too strong.
*New Ability SmokeScreen; Clouds an area make you un-hittable and un-alertable along with un-exposable :D
*New Combat Targeting System allows for easy targeting, Shift click makes the player face the nearest target within 5 range. If in attacking range of a unit the corsair turns green indicating you will hit them.
*Some Terrain Changes especially in the green obelisk area.

Soon to come:
*Objectives
*UI
*Beta!

Status
Not open for further replies.