• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

~ Project: Black Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Are you using that squad system you were talking about earlier or are you keep it a rts-like gameplay affair.

There is no squad system, you only control one unit, and with that one unit, you and your teammates must traverse various obstacles and complete various missions, all while surviving the undead horde.

*Update: 3 missions are now fully playable (still requiring small tweaking)

Level 22
Bumpzzz Added a custom driving system using arrow keys and a system of managing passengers. Also added a multiboard measuring Ailment Resistance, Kills, Hits, Radiation Level, Health %, and much more new screenies should be arriving this Wednesday. On top of that I'm working on making a gameplay video and tweaking the terrain for effective driving and gameplay... Lastly I've added player scores for a competitive co-op experience. Also looking for game mode ideas, give them out! :D

Level 22
I think it will do much, if you add a camera and movement system, so you can go into house´s and such, just set your view range low so you cant se much of what is coming at you.
I think that would make it more exciting. :)
This system is the best ive ever found, its multiplayer and works great.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...system-148930/?prev=d=list&r=20&u=The_Witcher

No, there will be no entering of buildings, I used a lot of Blizzard cliffs to keep the gameplay friendly. If I can ever finish taking my screenshots you'll see what I mean.

Level 22
Will you be able to see the passengers and drivers inside the vehicle?

Also. arrow key movement can be buggy/laggy in mp :/

The second part is true yes, but I'll try to get it working alright.

For the first question, no you cannot. :(

As for those pics and such, I was waiting for a system to get finished to start the whole revival process, it's done now, once it's functioning I'll start updating pics and everything.

Level 10
NO please NO!
When I play scarry games I allways turn them off and have to relax a little, my heart can't take that:p.
Looks really nice, and I hope it will be that scary that I will have to turn it off, beacuse of many people love it ;P
Allthought I personaly don't like modern weapons, this ones looks nice and I wishing you best luck

Level 19
NO please NO!
When I play scarry games I allways turn them off and have to relax a little, my heart can't take that:p.
Looks really nice, and I hope it will be that scary that I will have to turn it off, beacuse of many people love it ;P
Allthought I personaly don't like modern weapons, this ones looks nice and I wishing you best luck

Its REALLY hard to make wc3 scary.

Level 22
I don't want to start lying to you guys, but this project is on hold as of now. I haven't a lot of time to work on it, and the number of glitches that need fixing is tremendous.

I'm working with AMG on some other projects you may see coming around soon.

Level 16
What you are trying to do looks pretty interesting and I guess working alone just won't cut it on huge projects, the result whas that you came to the decision that you won't be able handle the it on your own. I came to that decision as well after not having enough time.
Are you still looking for a terrainer?
Are u good at coding?

Perhaps we can help each other out!

Level 22
I'm thinking about rebooting this project completely basically a second redux, maybe the way I actually planned it out in the first place.

I think I'll keep all of the current weapons, and some of the enemies, maybe tweak the story, and make this more of an experience than it is an arcade shooter, which is how I feel about it right now. I just need some models!!! :D
I'm thinking of the new story line right now, and if I did this, I would release the old version of Black Winter, which isn't even playable right now, for all of you who have followed this to see, and I would try to finish this project sooner. I'm very excited about this, I think it's a good idea, feedback is definitely welcomed.

What I'm thinking for the story now, is a slow, corridor shooter, maybe with a custom camera of some sort, where the zombies move very slowly but try to swarm as much as possible, and your objective is to find a way out of the facility before you get overwhelmed, I'm still trying to figure out how to make it multiplayable, but I definitely know how to keep it fun every time with random setups.

Status
Not open for further replies.