• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Project Asian Clans Needs Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Project Asian Clans Needs Help!

RECRUITMENT AND REQUEST THREAD

Hi!

Intro:
I'm making a map about 2 asian clans fighting each other. Game concept is open atm, but theme and atmosphere has been invented. Map's name isn't going to be Asian clans ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Main Goal is to make a new interesting combat system with an asian touch. More skill involved, more action, more tactics, and it's deadly as hell. Key word is timing and predicting your opponents moves. Stamina is also included and it affects your effectiness in combat, more tired you are, more badly you do. Most of the combat is done in melee. Asian theme, so no magicians throwing fireballs. That is something what mak
es this interesting. In future I might add some ranged badasses, but now Im focusing on how to make melee more exciting. Feels epic, but it's really quite simple.

As the game concept, like what is this map about anything else than fighting, is really open. Give me your ideas, what you would like to see.

Basic Combat system is almost ready, needs testing, balancing, testing and more balancing. Going to need help with this in future.

Problem is, I need good custom doodads to make my terrain something I want it to be. Catching an asian atmosphere is quite hard with all those western styled trees. Yes, the battle is fought in snowy mountains. Ah I love snow and blood. Here's some pictures I want my map to feel and look like. Check the doodads. Trees and bushes. They have snow on them. Very lovely pics.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15618&stc=1&d=1193701634

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15619&stc=1&d=1193701634

Ok next mayby the most unimportant thing ever. I need macaques to complete my immersion.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15620&stc=1&d=1193701707

I haven't drawed any concepts of the heros (yet) so I can't tell you what I need. The most important thing right now, is to get the map ready.

And here's the overkill! I love that pic and I need that red gate!

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15622&stc=1&d=1193702362

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a pic of my test terrain. I tried some landscape shapes, and used those terrible trees. I know they dont fit my thing at all. Winter doodads are also very limited. If you want terrain with alot of snow it looks rather plain. But I dont want the ground to be seen. Winter and snow are so lovely.

This sucks, doesnt it:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15621&stc=1&d=1193701828

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did I rise your interests? Feel free to help.

Here's a list what I need:

Custom Doodads:
Look at the pics, I need bushes and trees with snow on. And other cool doodads you come up with which could fit. Most important thing is, it needs to look cool and sexy! remember the red gate!

Neutral creep: Macaque, Is'nt he qute :). Model and skin or only a skin. You choose, but it needs to look good. Check google for more pics, japanese Macaque.

Animated Blood Splatter Effect: That's right, and Some blood to cover up the snow in battle. http://www.cincinnati.com/freetime/games/reviews/img/myth3.jpg that pic shows what I mean, though the blood needs to be more realistic :)

Thats about it. If you need more information, ask. Or anything you wanna know about my little project.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to join my "team" thats cool and if you only wanna fill my requests thats fine too :). The most needed guy at the moment is the one who can make nice looking asian style doodads.

Ok I can't really try to convince you any better, By typing this lot of text I hopefully show you that I'm in this project by my soul and heart, and want to develope this into somthing releasable.

My role in this project:

Some of the Triggers, All atm, but with some help of the hive-community
Terrain
Sounds
Some texturing
Concept art

Your role could be any of these:

Triggers, not the main concern atm
Modelling
Texturing
Idea generator
Tester, in future

I tryed to check my typos and grammar, but i suck at english :)

Contact by email: [email protected]
Or by PM or in this Thread

-v3bu, Demonic Pidgeon

Attachments

• japanese_winter11.jpg
    japanese_winter11.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 353
  • kinka-winter-69.3.jpg
    kinka-winter-69.3.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,849
  • japanese-macaque.jpg
    japanese-macaque.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 346
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 364
  • 8 Torii in Izushi in the snow.jpg
    8 Torii in Izushi in the snow.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 1,014
  • 7ki_jake.gif
    7ki_jake.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Level 2
If you go through with this project :D :mad:..... well, lets just say I like snow and blood too. Aswell as asian cinema.

You say you want a unique combat system? I think I may have the perfect idea for you....

First we strip down the heroes. Give them no damage (WHAT?), replace mana with energy and give them 3 level 1 abilities (similar for all heroes) and an individual levelable ultimate. We still let them have stats, and maybe even replace the missing abilities with +5 to int, str or agi so they can choose their own stats. Right, now we have that done, I'll explain the generic abilities to you....

get ready...

Basic, High and Low attack. (WHAT!?)

Now why the shit would I give them no damage and then give them abilities to attack?.... Because I'm thinking of combos my friend, combos. Let me clear this up for you -

First of all, when someone attacks you, it drains mana (energy). As well as that, using your attacks drains mana.

The 3 attacks will be assigned to the z, x and c keys.

When you initiate combat, you will target somebody with the Basic attack. Once you have sucessfully attacked them a floating text will apear above your heroes head saying either z, x or c, representing one of the 3 possible moves. You are then required to press the key that comes up quickly to carry on the combo.

If you press the right key you will perform the move and gain a little mana, If you press the wrong key you will lose a big chunk of mana. When a heroe's mana hits zero, he is unable to attack, and will have to wait 5 seconds before his mana regenerates back to 50%.

Damage will be decided upon by adding the heroe's primary attribute to the custom value of the weapon item he is holding, and then multiplied by a random percentage between 5-10% (this can change from class to class).

So this basically means the loser of the battle will either be the first to run out of hp OR mana, as someone without mana is going to get creamed.

Lumber can be changed to souls, and for each kill a samurai makes he will gain 1 soul. When the hero has collected 5 souls he will be able to perform his ultimate move.

.... so what do you think? I have been thinking of ways to trigger this for a while, and it even seems possible in GUI (atleast in my head). I really think a combo system would be the perfect setup for a fuedal japan kind of setting. It would make for fast and furious gameplay at the very least. :D

Level 4
Cool! Nice to see some ppl getting interested.

"now we are talking about ideafactory things, but by this post some guys will have the information they wanted... Lets try keep this as a recruiment/request thread. Feel free to post ideas though."

Deleted some text i typed earlier this morning

Im back.

Soul system is actually pretty nice. Though I have no idea how can I change the ultimates mana cost to cost lumber. Help, anyone?

It could be that, ultimate costs souls. So if you have 20 souls, you can spam 4 ultimates, that would be really cool. If you die you loose all your souls. When you revive you recieve 5 souls, so you will have a change to cast your ultimate.

I will definetly use that thanks!

------------------------------------------------------

Your combosystem is a bit clumpsy, It lacks the variability of heros.
----------------------------------------------

I had this in mind:
Mana will be changed as stamina or ki or something.
Attacking consumes mana, Getting attacked consumes mana.
Normal attacks do damage. But Its also deadly, so parrying normal attacks is highly recommended

Basic skill Parry:
Everysingle one of the heros has this.With parry you parry :) your enemys attacks. Its a nontargeted cast spell which lasts less very little time. So basically you need to time your parrys.

Then theres class skills:
With berserk you mess ppls Parry but it consumes alot of mana, I have not decided yet should it be like immolation activate unactivate, or just cast like parry. Critical hits gives you attack/attacks which can basically almost kill the enemy, but parrying this is easy if you know what to do. This is a cast spell also.

Typical beatdown hero would have parry, berserk, critical hit. Support heros, like monks, would have ki regeneration auras, revive, heal and that kind of stuff. Monks keep you alive, so protect them at any cost. Tanks/Sumos would have bash and area stunnign which is really an overkill in this type of game.

Jump skill will be included also.

This is very basic stuff. More innovating skills are included when the basics of the game works.

And yes, I have already done this.

Gotta Love Katanas! Thanks man +1 rep for the great soul idea

Last edited:
Level 4
Only decend one I found was the ashigaru, and it had a regular unit look. And I didnt find the monkey. could you link me?

Level 4
Level 25
Looks cool so far.

And maybe these names may help you pick a name for you map:
  • Divided Dynasties
  • Destruction of Dynasties
  • Collision of the Clans
  • Dynasty Diversion
  • Clans of Catastrophy

Those are the best I can come up with right now. Maybe come up with more... hopefully.
~Craka_J

Level 4
Thanks for troubling your brain :), but I want something less epic like: BUSHIDO, I might even name my project by that. But thanks anyway

-v3bu

Status
Not open for further replies.