• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pudge Wars Arena (AoS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Pudge Wars (AoS)

I have started on a map called pudgewarsarena.

And i will need soem recruitment for the map.

What i need.

1. Terrainer
2. Gui Coder (Triggers)
3. Tooltip writter (Story writter to)
4. Balancer beta tester

The map is about 70% completed.

I have worked hard on this map and i wana finish it at least.
It has fun gameplay and some cool terrain. (Will also update with pictures)

Because this is pudge training map.

Its an battle with pudge.

And about the terrain im thinking of making it like mist of pandaria or some kind of big city like GTA or some kind of mortal kombat arena.

Did also upload map if you wana have sneak preview.

Did upload the newest map here. In the start post.

Team so far/
Shanghai, Chuchulain, Hexcellion, Ognjen19, zlowly. (Mybe noob if he wants to)

website / http://buwa.at.ua/

I need beta testers.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• GANGS 15.w3x
    3.3 MB · Views: 99
  • Screen1.JPG
    Screen1.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 831
  • Screen5.JPG
    Screen5.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 6,729
  • Screen4.JPG
    Screen4.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 926
  • Screen3.JPG
    Screen3.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 820
  • Screen2.JPG
    Screen2.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 883
  • Screen6.JPG
    Screen6.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 830
  • Screen7.JPG
    Screen7.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 770
  • Screen8.JPG
    Screen8.JPG
    191.1 KB · Views: 225
  • Screen9.JPG
    Screen9.JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 6,764
  • Screen10.JPG
    Screen10.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 1,077
  • Screen11.JPG
    Screen11.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 962
  • Screen12.JPG
    Screen12.JPG
    206.9 KB · Views: 240
  • Screen13.JPG
    Screen13.JPG
    204 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Level 12
Add upgrades for meat hook, dismember, rot; Add tomes for strength, agility or intelligence; Add special skills like Rattletrap's hook, wind walk, blink, etc. (Only 1 per hero), and some other stuff. Of course items like tarrasque as well. (I know most of these are already in there, just sayin')

Level 19
hi

here is the new map.

Good give me more ideas.

What do you think shall i add cevilians going around. Invurable or not? Isent it beter if you can kill em ;) and make map space free.

I made an update let the day night circle go on. Looks realy cool at night.

Attachments

• chronopia.w3x
    3.1 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Level 19
dident understand it but did you mean. Make some kind of arena there you can fight?

Its only pudge in this map. Pudge wars arena. But i can mke some kind of arena somewhere.

But what is the purpose with the arena?

So no invurable civilians?

Level 19
Like it become a battle any time in game? Or dont get it. Isent it better haveing an battle. Like every 20 mins of game randomly pick 2 heroes and let them fight in the arena?
Add upgrades for meat hook, dismember, rot; Add tomes for strength, agility or intelligence; Add special skills like Rattletrap's hook, wind walk, blink, etc. (Only 1 per hero), and some other stuff. Of course items like tarrasque as well. (I know most of these are already in there, just sayin')

Do you mean items like makign the hook better? I dont have any of those. Kinda cool idea. Item that makes the spells better...

Well i think i need a GUIer. Or jasser.

Level 6
Played Rexars Campaign ?
In the seceound mission when he is in troll new vilage you can find a dark portal that brings you to the areda,in witch you pick one from 3 opponents.
That is waht i wanted to say,player is not neded to go there.........

Level 12
Ognjen19, are you sure you're applying as tooltip writer?

I've got a couple of questions and some ideas..

Why is it named Pudge Wars Arena (AoS)? An AoS is a type of map which is like DotA, Cataclysm, you defend, attack other players' bases with heroes, and with allies, which you cannot control (sometimes you can control 'em).
Is it really Arena + AoS or just Arena? If so, rename the thread, it's confusing.

Ideas so far:

• Add different areas to choose from, city, clear area, farm, etc.
  • Be able to choose different Pudge models but with same default skills.
  • Make the citizens/animals vulnerable so that when you try to use meat hook, they can get caught in the hook, and block your hook attempt. This makes the game challenging.
  • As I said before, add special skills like Rattletrap's hook, Tiny's toss, Shredder's hook, etc.
  • Some DotA items, and custom items. Tarrasque, Refresher Orb, Lothar's Edge, Kelen's Dagger (make it usable here). And some other items which either grant you special skills or stats.
  • Add hook, dismember, rot upgrades. Longer hook, hook damages more, etc.

Level 19
Yes mybe you can help me with some of those? Because its hard to understand all. I havent played dota that much. But for example. With items you can prob help me out.

And about the areas what do you mean? Like some parts are not city or?

Because this is big dark city that has fallen. And pudge come to open big war ;) And yes its an AoS. Il chanege the description. and upload newest map. Would be great if you could help me with some dota items.

Feel free to edit it ;)

Attachments

• GANGS 2.w3x
    3.2 MB · Views: 68
Level 12
If you played Troll and Elves, or some map where you can choose your area, you'll understand what I said. Well, what I said was that you could add something so that you could choose the area you would like to play in, but that's because I thought the map was a fuckin' arena map. And screw villagers, this is an AoS, lol. But seriously, making the map arena, would be really better. I don't like the idea of Butchers om-ing. It doesn't really look right.

And about the items, I'll try to make 'em right now. Downloading the map...

Level 19
Ah you thought it was arena. Like have diffrent arenas ;) haha thats cool but this is an aos ;) Shit i realy need this hat modell for butcher. I asked few people seem not get any response. :S

This idea with diffrent pudge models is cool. Like diffrent models and skins ;)

Level 12
Ah you thought it was arena. Like have diffrent arenas ;) haha thats cool but this is an aos ;) Shit i realy need this hat modell for butcher. I asked few people seem not get any response. :S

Yes, that's why I suggested those ideas. It's because I can't imagine how it would be if it was an AoS.

And, what hat? Santa hat? Try searching in other forums as well, or even in PlayDotA.

Here's one: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/santa-hat-151805/?prev=search=santa%20hat&d=list&r=20

Level 12
I'll try to. Just pm me or post here what you need help with. Btw, since I already gave you a link about DotA items, and stuff, I closed world editor since you could make the items yourself. You already have a reference for some items. You could also edit some items there, but keep some items the same. So it has some DotA stuff, and a lot of custom stuff.

Level 19
Ok but could you help me with those items that make hook and rot better? The trigger part :)
For example

As I said before, add special skills like Rattletrap's hook, Tiny's toss, Shredder's hook, etc.

I was thinking some kind of tiems that improve the skillz? Isent that cool

Could you possible help me with that.

For both rot and hook.

Alos do u know what spell i can use to reset cooldown?

Level 12
1. The triggering there would be simple, just make the hook's range farther, and the rot's damage, higher.
2. No, not items. You buy skill upgrades from skill shops, or level them up as you level up.
3. Yeah, but not now. Too busy with school, a good time would be during the weekend.
4. Use a trigger for that.

Level 19
i allready made 7 dota items not exactually the same but close the same. Its just some changed in %. + Yea i realy need some good spelling tooltips. And story writter.

Also if you wana do some cool things feel free to add it.

The skill thing was cool.
And mybe have diffrent pudges.

I need to find modeller for the pudge hat ;)

And you more we work on ideas and stuff you more fun it will become. Im open for all ideas if they r not to hard to do.
I did add cevilians and some dota items. Mybe add more dota items. I will need your help to belence the items and and edit the tooltips. I made for now the abilitys for items so it just to pick them in the abilitys.

Im planing to make terrain even better but need ideas.

Level 6
Map is nice,how about removing tavern ?
Just set code when games start in certan region Pudge will swap automaticly without selecting i think you can find it it is not hard .......
I tryed to unlock Dotas map whit 2 tools i will keap searching for the tool.
a big minus in the map is world tree find better one this looks like it is choped.0.O

Level 19
ok will try find better model. And ok great idea that pudge starts. Could you make so he starts. But how will become if we gona have diffrent pudge models?

Mybe you can try find a nice model for the main building instead of the tree.

How about using sceleton altar? 1 blue and one fire?

Level 19
Ye we need an coder. Hex can do some little i think.

I did add you on facebook i prefer using msn but seem like you dont got it.

Also are you up for testing the map? Would be nice see how it is multiplayer i have bots added.

But u gotta host il upload the newest map.

Attachments

• GANGS 4.w3x
    3.2 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Level 19
ah ok nice i will sign u up to. Mybe you can edit the ai bots to. So they get bit smarter.

And im also thinking on having some diffrent dialog system for the modes etc. Because now i have like typing and choosing pudge in tavern. Its kinda old.

And hex will help me with some skillz.

Level 1
ah ok nice i will sign u up to. Mybe you can edit the ai bots to. So they get bit smarter.

And im also thinking on having some diffrent dialog system for the modes etc. Because now i have like typing and choosing pudge in tavern. Its kinda old.

And hex will help me with some skillz.

Just tell me when i start, i will try to edit your AI because i never done it before ... Also i can make creep spawn just like in dota and unique revival system ..

Status
Not open for further replies.