• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Programmation subforum ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mckill2009 recently suggested the idea of having some programming classes. That could be an interesting idea (but well it's not the point of that post) but the fact is that we currently don't have a Programmation subforum.

So yeah, i'm suggesting that we add a Programmation subforum for programming.

This subforum would be dedicated to programming in general, any languages, and could be used to ask help with some code or present a program the user created, or other things related to coding.

I think this is a good idea. The forum would be called Programming though, not Programmation :).
Do you have a good idea for an icon?

there was a matrix like icon in wc3 that would be okay. It would also be nice if you actualy made it a main forum within the development section, it could also have it's own tutorial section.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I'm unsure about this being a good idea for the simple fact there aren't enough threads concerning the subject. Where would it go? The Off-topic forum is already so cluttered.

icons_5536_btn.jpg

Which language thread prefixes would you like for this? I think we should start with 10 at most.

[C/C++]
[Java]
[C#]
[ADA/Embedded Systems]
[Python/Ruby]
[HTML/CSS/JavaScript]
[Haskell/Erlang]
[Framework]
[UML/OCL/ER/SPEM]
[SQL/Database Language]
[Multiparadign Language]
[Logical Language]
[Other]

That's my list.

Let's make it more simple:

Structural languages
OOP
.NET
Web oriented
Metalanguage
Functional
Logical
Multiparadign

PHP as a prefix :ast: no matter how much people use it for web development, worst language ever made for web server programming. Extremely inconsistant language that should be exterminated from existance.

That should be enough.

Let's make it more simple:

Structural languages
OOP
.NET
Web oriented
Metalanguage
Functional
Logical
Multiparadign

PHP as a prefix :ast: no matter how much people use it for web development, worst language ever made for web server programming. Extremely inconsistant language that should be exterminated from existance.

That should be enough.

"Simple".

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Implying they have the choice. Just as an example, my "Coding Conventions" thread wouldn't fit in any category even though I wrote a Java example. Thus my thread would have an unfitting or misleading prefix. Therefore, you decide that that's right because some people won't do it and therefore everyone has to. Which makes me ask: why is it that always everyone must pay because of the mistakes of some?

Status
Not open for further replies.