• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Professional Game Designer searching for programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi everyone,

since reforged I came back to the editor and made a new project.
The core idea was: Make an rts game, that is focusing on multiplayer (team vs team) experience.
Also make it as accessible as possible.

The first prototype went well. But I want to take it to the next level.
For doing that, I need an programmer that is more talented than I am.

After my first days as a mapper, I actually became a professional game designer and work as a board game developer.
This was my first "big" wc3 project: Soul Island v2.0 Lite
Here you can see the latest board game project I worked on: Paleo - Spiele - Hans im Glück

I think this funmap has potential as a funmap, maybe even more. Who knows.

If you are interested in such a project, please write here in the forum or send a pm in discord: Johannes#0913

Take a look about the description of the game in the next post.

GL HF everyone!

Last edited:
Level 4
Sure! Good idea.

For the new game the goal is to make an RTS game that focuses on team vs team and micro.
The first question you might ask. Why don't play 4v4 ususal Wc3?

Goal of development:
I think that usual 4v4 it is overwhelming, too long and not exciting enough.
Therefore I want to focus on a much shorter, much intenser game.
But to make the entry easier, I want to take as much of the usual units and systems, as possible.

Game System:
-Each game is divided into different rounds. First you prepare your army, then the game starts. Very similar to Counterstrike.
  • Then each side tries to capture towers. If your team posseses more towers than the opposing team,you score points. If you reach a certain number of points, you won the round.
  • If you won the round, you have to stick with the same units. If you have lost you can exchange units and get more.

This system should make each game more suspensful, but also tactical with less snowball potential.

Units and armies:
  • Skipping the hero gives more focus on the actual units. Giving each unit exactly 1 ability.
  • Adding skill shots and channeling effects to make micro even more important
  • Stick to the usual strength and weaknesses of a normal unit:Headhunter -> lots of ranged damage. Tauren -> tanky and AOE damage.

Things that need to be done:
-Make the point and scoring system more solid and approachable.
-Add Nightelfs and Undeads. Also giving each race a certain style to ensure teamwork.
  • Add more units to have more varity.
  • Playtest, playtest, playtest

I've also attached my current version. But take care, it's desyncing all the time (I dont know why).

Scope:
It should definitley not be huge and overwhelming. I want to stay away from custom animations, effects etc. It should rather be an intense, small but polished game.
With such a small scope, playtesting should go faster and should be more fun.

Attachments

• MultiRTS.w3x
    116.4 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.