• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Problems with the morphed demon hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok I know I have been posting a lot of questions consecutively but hopefully this will be the last one. My problem is I have two Illidan models modified to use two different textures and I want one to morph into the other. Naturally, I changed the model file of the morphed Illidan to the model of one of my Illidans. However, every time I morph, it turns into the morphed Illidan and not the model that I changed it to. Also, this only happens with Illidan models and never with anything else. Sorry for being so long winded but I wanted to be as specific as possible so please give me solutions and thanks!

Level 7
1. Have you changed what unit the morph ability changes to?
2. Have you imported 2 dofferent models or 2 different skins with the same path? Don't know much about this but if you have two different skins on the same path for one model it wont work. Just asking.

Level 2
1. Have you changed what unit the morph ability changes to?
2. Have you imported 2 dofferent models or 2 different skins with the same path? Don't know much about this but if you have two different skins on the same path for one model it wont work. Just asking.

Yep I have done both those things and yes importing two different models with two different skins was the first thing i did. I changed the ability to turn into a maiev with my model on it but it still turns into the morphed demon hunter and not my model. However, when I turn maiev's model into a chicken or something then he turns into a chicken. It's weird.

In-game metamorphasis is terrible as you need to replicate the unit, replicate it stats, and edit the ability to keep up with those units. From my experience, it's also incredibly overpowered compared to most ultimates (it just works out that way). It's also typically a boring spell as it doesn't require aim or APM to use. I recommend you come up with something more original.

Level 2
In-game metamorphasis is terrible as you need to replicate the unit, replicate it stats, and edit the ability to keep up with those units. From my experience, it's also incredibly overpowered compared to most ultimates (it just works out that way). It's also typically a boring spell as it doesn't require aim or APM to use. I recommend you come up with something more original.
No offence or anything but that was totally irrelevant to what I was asking so unless you can help me out, please don't post things like that.

Level 12
Well the demon hunter model has a set of animations named "alternate smthing" that are automatically used when he is morphed. (You may have noticed, the original demon hunter has the exact same model for both units, and it still displays different animation)
You have two options: either remove the animation tag "alternate" after it polymorphs with a trigger, or, since you are already using edited model, remove the alternate animations, so it would play the "standard" animations.

EDIT: another way would be creating two polymorph abilities, one for each form. Then you would have to set the base/alternate units in such way, that no matter what form the unit is in, it is always "base" (Lets say you have forms A and B, with abilties Ma and Mb.
Ability Ma says: base A, alternate B
Ability Mb says: base B, alternate A)
I am not 100% sure about this, I am afraid it can't be used for timed morphs, only pemanent.

Level 13
Well the demon hunter model has a set of animations named "alternate smthing" that are automatically used when he is morphed. (You may have noticed, the original demon hunter has the exact same model for both units, and it still displays different animation)
You have two options: either remove the animation tag "alternate" after it polymorphs with a trigger, or, since you are already using edited model, remove the alternate animations, so it would play the "standard" animations.

EDIT: another way would be creating two polymorph abilities, one for each form. Then you would have to set the base/alternate units in such way, that no matter what form the unit is in, it is always "base" (Lets say you have forms A and B, with abilties Ma and Mb.
Ability Ma says: base A, alternate B
Ability Mb says: base B, alternate A)
I am not 100% sure about this, I am afraid it can't be used for timed morphs, only pemanent.

I think you can just go to metamorphosis and change the animation tag somewhere :?

Level 15
Once i tried to create a map based on the spell metamorphosis, it took me really enough time to learn how to use this spell.

And at the end, it just bugged and destroyed the whole outcome of the map. That gave me a nice lesson...

Firstly, i would advise you not to use the metamorphosis spell.(as you were told above)

But if you are determined to use it, i would advise you to make a similar one with triggers...replace units etc..

It might be hard, but is also the most secure way.

Level 2
Thanks for all the help guys but in the end, I ended up turning my model into an mdl file and deleting the alternate animations. It's not perfect but it works. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.