• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Illidan morphed -> metamorphosis, the model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I ran into problems with this too, and only got it to work some of the time. . .I noticed that the morph models (i.e. tinker model) don't show up in the editor but when you play the game it shows up as it's supposed to. . .only sometimes though. . .

Level 12
Up near the model. I can look at it again later on if needed, but I know I have seen it.

Level 12
Near the Color tinting, There is this
Art - Required Animation Names.
Art - Required Animation Names - Attachments.
Art - Required Attachment Link names.
Art - Required Bone Names.
See those?
Now click under animation names(the first one), and enter a single string : Alternate. Now try the 'alternate' model. I'm not sure if it works with the Tinker, but it sure works with the Demon hunter Metamorphosis. :)

Level 18
Look, I'll post a snippet from my upcoming definitive guide to the Object Editor that should explain it:

Code:
(String Value, List) Art - Required Animation Names: Sets which alternative animation set to use for the unit, i.e. the Guard/Cannon/Arcane Towers all use one model with different stand animations, upgrade first, upgrade second and upgrade third respectively.

Now goto the Illidan metamorphosed unit and check his Required Animation Names, simple.

P.S. I do what I've done there for every field in the object editor, although some I don't know (not many).

Status
Not open for further replies.