• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problems with campaign difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello everyone,

I got problems with my custom campaign's difficulty...

When I start the campaign and load chapter from it...

The difficulty does the changes, but when I complete that chapter and it loads next one, it doesn't seem to remember that it was on harder difficulty and wont load settings for harder difficulty from trigger...

But when I quit the campaign and then going from menu back to custom campaign and again selecting the Hard difficulty and then selecting the next chapter, it loads settings for the harder difficulty.

Anyone got any idea what's wrong with it or is the campaign editor's difficulty setting just broken...?

Here's the difficulty change...

• DifficultyHARD
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
      • (Difficulty level) Equal to Hard
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of Iron Forged Swords to 1 for Player 1 (Red)
      • Player - Set the current research level of Iron Plating to 1 for Player 1 (Red)
      • Player - Set the current research level of Strength of the Moon to 1 for Player 1 (Red)
      • Player - Set the current research level of Moon Armor to 1 for Player 1 (Red)
And here's how I change the map to another.

• Actions
    • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
    • Sound - Play QuestCompleted <gen>
    • Trigger - Run SAVEHERO <gen> (ignoring conditions)
    • Game - Set the next level to Chapter 11.w3x
    • Game - Show custom campaign button 16
    • Wait 1.00 seconds
    • Game - Victory Player 3 (Teal) (Show dialogs, Show scores)

Level 4
Its not broken. Its becouse there is no
direct connection between canpaign
maps. The only way to do it,as you know
to cach things to a wc3 folder. From which
the next map can load datas.The game
difficulity for example.

Well I find it pretty odd that there's no connection between campaign maps after you set them to the campaign. Also that it forgets that it was on Hard difficulty but it remembers to throw back to campaign's chapter menu when you quit the campaign.

Also I was checking Blizzard's demo campaign which had difficulty settings and it didn't had anything else to set the difficulty than the campaign's setting.

But oh well, I guess I've to create way around it then, but if anyone got something to say, you're free to post it.

I'll put this solved later if nothing else shows up.

Edit: Yep yep... Did messy trigger system that does this with game cache.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.