• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problems encounted when imported icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Problems encounted with imported icons.

Hi forum people, i've encounter problems regarding importing of icons. i've imported some icons from the website, the problem is, the icons work ONLY in my computer, others who are playing the game see the imported icon as a "green box". How come others cant view the icon whereas i can? is it a problem with the imported path?

any form of replies and help will be greatly appreciated. :)

Level 4
Probably YES. Use custom path and change it to
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTN****.blp
and
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTN****.blp
for disabled versions,

Oh, i'm using the war3imported**** stuffs. Thanks for your reply, appreciate it very much

Level 4
Probably YES. Use custom path and change it to
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTN****.blp
and
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTN****.blp
for disabled versions,

this is what its happening. my hero was holding items which contain imported icons. personally i can see those icons. For my friend(enemy team), he clicked on my hero and saw 6 green boxes. Is it a problem regarding DISBTN? Because i nv add that in..

Level 5
Yes. While he is unable to use your items it is displayed as DISBTN to him and if you did not set the right path to DISBTN like I posted before it looks like green square. If you still do not believe me then try pressing F10 ingame while holding theese items. You'll see what your friend sees.

Level 4
Yes. While he is unable to use your items it is displayed as DISBTN to him and if you did not set the right path to DISBTN like I posted before it looks like green square. If you still do not believe me then try pressing F10 ingame while holding theese items. You'll see what your friend sees.

But how can i insert the DISBTN into the object editor in the items category? Because there is no place to fill the DISBTN icon as "Art - Icon - Turn Off" in items category is not available.. Or do i have to import the DISBTN icon into the import manager 1st?

Level 12
Path must be changed as Elvendan said.
Example:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNIcon.blp - button
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNIcon.blp - button disabled
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\ATCIcon.blp - autocast
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISATCIcon.blp - autocast disabled
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\PASIcon.blp - passive
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISPASIcon.blp - passive disabled

Level 4
thanks guys. the items icons are solved but i faced another headaching issue. This is regarding the skill icon of a hero. The name of the skill is twisted mind.

i've imported both the DISBTN and BTN icon in the import manager and insert BTN icon into to art- icon and the DISBTN icon into the art - icon researched. And both icons work well in the editor.

However the problem occurred in game.. When i select my hero and wanted to learn the skill 'twisted mind', the icon is appearred as a DISBTN icon instead of the normal BTN icon. After i learned it, the icon works fine in the hero's skill list.

But when i press the '+' sign(skills that are available to learn) of the the hero, the icon of 'twisted mind' become a green box.. And even i press F10, the skill of' twisted mind' become green box in the skill list...

When the hero is level 3, whereby i can learn twisted mind lv2 in '+', the icon of twisted mind become DISBTN in'+' whereby other 2 skills(with default icons) appear as BTN, but of cos u can learn it.

Level 4
in a nut's shell.

The BTN icon of twisted minf works well in the skill list(when u select the hero).

DISBTN icon of twisted mind appeared inside of BTN in '+' when ur hero have skill points to learn twisted mind. and yes, u can learn it.

when u do not have skill points and u press '+' of the hero, the twisted mind appeared as a green box whereas other skills are displayed as DISBTN icon normally.

when press f10, the skill appeared as a green box in the skill list of the hero.

Both imported path are correct. and i tried using another imported icon to replace twisted mind but the same problem appearred.

any1 got any idea? thanks for reading

Level 4
I already said, use the BTN icon for the research too... YOU WILL NEVER USE A DISBTN MANUALLY

is that hard to understand or you just haven't read my post above?

sorry i was using mobile internet and i was trying to post all at once but its impossible, so i posted two times. during that time i post my second explaination, u've already post and i didnt see it because of the delay. and thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.