• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with the "Hide Spell" trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi all i am new on this forum and i am looking for help.

Im trying to create some kind of bard hero that have differtent activable auras.

I have created all the buttons that you can use to activate the aura you want and the triggers that makes you switch between them (it makes the pressed button to disappear and then it add and levels up the corresponding aura) or, at least, it should...

I dont know why but the "hide spell" trigger doesn't work, actually none of them does (Neither " Unit -hide ability" nor "Unit - Disable ability"). The only trigger that makes it work is the "Player - Enable/Disable Ability" but, if i use that, the aura that is currently active cant be lvl up because it does not exist (because, as i said, is disabled).

How can i make the "Hide Ability" work properly ? There is some other way i can use to reach my purpose ?

I apologize if I made some grammatical errors (or grammatical horror xD)

Here is a summary image:

90652237_3363990173614664_6523841218504294400_n.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-22_22-54-19.gif
    upload_2020-3-22_22-54-19.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 27
Level 3
You can try a different method by setting the ability's button position to x:0,y:-11 in the Object Editor to hide the ability from the command card.
I tryed just now to do it and it's not possible (you cant move them away from me ability grid), was a nice idea tho

Level 21
I have something like this lying around, using the old spellbook trick. Follow this:

Hero Spellbook ability (choose a base order id) like this:
spellbook setup.jpg
Activator ability (based on channel(use different base order ids), put these into the hero spellbook ability):
spellbook activator.jpg
A spellbook for every aura (needs the same base order id as the hero spellbook):
spellbook aura.jpg
And of course the actual aura spells, which are just default auras.

Now you need to disable the spellbooks which are holding said auras during mapinit:
spellbook disabling.jpg
And use a trigger like to cycle through the auras:
spellbook activation.jpg
Finally a trigger to synchronize aura levels, when the hero levels up the main ability:
spellbook sync.jpg

This all works because spellbooks with the same base order id share their contents.

Result ingame:
spellbook ingame.jpg
spellbook clicked.jpg

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Have you tried changing the Event to begins casting/starts the effect of an ability.

I attached a map with a working example. Here are the triggers:
  • Aura Setup
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Brilliance Aura (Neutral Hostile) to Archmage 0000 <gen>
      • Unit - Add Devotion Aura (Neutral Hostile) to Archmage 0000 <gen>
      • Unit - Add Unholy Aura (Neutral Hostile) to Archmage 0000 <gen>
      • Player - Disable Brilliance Aura (Neutral Hostile) for Player 1 (Red)
      • Player - Disable Devotion Aura (Neutral Hostile) for Player 1 (Red)
      • Player - Disable Unholy Aura (Neutral Hostile) for Player 1 (Red)
  • Cast Aura
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Turn On Aura 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Enable Brilliance Aura (Neutral Hostile) for (Triggering player)
          • Player - Disable Devotion Aura (Neutral Hostile) for (Triggering player)
          • Player - Disable Unholy Aura (Neutral Hostile) for (Triggering player)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Ability being cast) Equal to Turn On Aura 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Player - Disable Brilliance Aura (Neutral Hostile) for (Triggering player)
              • Player - Enable Devotion Aura (Neutral Hostile) for (Triggering player)
              • Player - Disable Unholy Aura (Neutral Hostile) for (Triggering player)
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Ability being cast) Equal to Turn On Aura 3
                • Then - Actions
                  • Player - Disable Brilliance Aura (Neutral Hostile) for (Triggering player)
                  • Player - Disable Devotion Aura (Neutral Hostile) for (Triggering player)
                  • Player - Enable Unholy Aura (Neutral Hostile) for (Triggering player)
                • Else - Actions

Attachments

• Aura Switch.w3m
    17.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.