• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Hide active morph ability button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
My map has a unit with an ability based on Activate Obsidian Destroyer Form, which, when activated, morphs it into a way more powerful unit. Because of that, I don't want it to be activatable manually by the player. It should only be activatable by trigger. The player shouldn't even see that the unit has this morph ability.

How can I hide the morph ability button, or otherwise prevent players from activating it, while still being able to cast it by trigger?

I looked at the following options:
  • Using a Chaos-based ability to morph instead. The problem: I want the morph animation to be played and the transition to be smooth.
  • Using an Active Ability in a disabled spellbook. Problem: I don't want to clear a player's selection (to make sure that the morphing unit is selected in order to open the spellbook).
  • Pushing the ability out of the command card by adding lots of dummy abilities. Problem: Looks ugly both ingame and in the editor.
And some more I forgot by now.

Level 5
Set the x to 0 and Y to -11 to hide it, while still being able to use it in a trigger (no spell book needed)
Careful they still might be able to use its hotkey
I considered that, but doesn't that still create crashs for Macintosh users?

(It would work, thank you.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.