• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem With Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Okay, so I was making a map (normal World Editor), and it was running fine yesterday. I pressed "Test Map" today and I got an error :S

174393-albums4876-picture48327.jpg

^this is the error I get.

What's wrong?

Level 8
"This application has encountered a critical error:

FATAL ERROR!:

Program: e:\games\warcraft iii\War3.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:150348BC

The instruction at '0x150348BC' referenced memory at '0x00000000'
The memory could not be 'read'.

Press OK to terminate the application."

I tried exporting and importing its data to another map (without the specific spell trigger), it works well on it...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
This sort of error is caused by the game loading invalid data. It could be terrain, objects or even gamplay constants / gameplay interface settings. If a custom load screen is used, the image may even be curropt. For that mater, any import being curropt has been known to do such things. Badly written triggers can cause this sort of error as well such as initializing a global quest to a quest object.

Firstly try removing all imports from the map. Then try rolling back each settings 1 by 1 until you basically get a blank unedited map that is playable.

The key to not losing the map's content is to save a backup of it in a non working state. Then break it piece by piece until it is working (and you identify what was causing the error). Then you can go back to your broken backup copy of the map and only remove or fix the piece that is broken so all other content is not lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.