• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Princ's Hammer

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is my firist model in Milkshape 3d i maked it for the hammer icon from wcIII ...
I dunno how but hammer look like at my avatar Arthas Picture...

Attach to right hand(hand,right=right,hand)

Only Ingame textures

And 10x to:Varsaigen for removing some invisible polies...And for ScreenShoot...

If use this in ur map give credits to:princeOFFame & Varsaigen

Keywords:
Hammer,PrinceOFFame,Avatar,attachment,Milkshape,3D,Varsaigen.
Contents

Princ's Hammer (Model)

Reviews
02:32, 26th May 2009 Dan van Ohllus: Like Pyritie said about your sword model. 28th May 2009 Pyritie: The unwrap is a horrible mess. Do what I said above but also recalculate those normals. Seriously, they're a mess.

M

02:32, 26th May 2009
Dan van Ohllus:
Like Pyritie said about your sword model.
Pyritie said:
Align it to the X axis and choose a better texture. Its current texture is too blurry. Also the unwrap on the hilt is kinda stretched.

28th May 2009
Pyritie: The unwrap is a horrible mess. Do what I said above but also recalculate those normals. Seriously, they're a mess.

Level 6
This looks pretty nice. But u could do a little more at the wooden part and if theres that many polies then cut some of em away :p

Level 6
here are some tips on how to cut down the number of polys:

- try not to smooth the model; its only an attachment
- it need not be very detailed; ingame its very small and you don't look at it the whole time
- try to create a cylinder with only 1 stack and 6 slices. when trying to do that, there are only 24 instead of 190 polys
- try to do the same with the sphere at the end of the hammer; use 3 stacks and 8 slices
- try not to make the model very detailed; a low poly is better than a high one

all in all these few tips may reduce the amount of polys to 200 or 300

hope this was helpfull :D