• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Prevent UI Stretch in < 1.29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, Im using 1.26a patch with RenderEdge_WideScreen fix, It has almost fixed the GameView Stretching issue on 16:9 aspect ratio, but the UI is still stretched
I was wondering if there is any way to fix this, maybe by replacing 1.26a UI files with 1.29 ? or maybe reforged ? or any other solution to fix UI Stretch on < 1.29 ?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Due to causality it is not possible to back port many files from more recent versions of Warcraft III to older versions of Warcraft III. I suspect this includes UI files given that customizable UI is a very recent addition to Warcraft III.

Currently the only solution I am aware of to avoid stretch with older versions of Warcraft III is to play with a 4:3 aspect ratio resolution as only more recent patches added proper widescreen support.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
For the record, tweaking some mdx files alone can already fix (or significantly improve) the cursors, the logos, the loading screens, the endscreen, the loadbar, the multiplayer screens, the score screens. Extra fixes / improvements can very certainly be achieved by editing the fdf files, but in that case one must run the game with an executable that allows to load more modified files than allowlocalfiles does. This is (for example) how the subtitles of the FMVs can be fixed.

Also, I suggest reading this post from another thread (and the ones that follow):

pyf

pyf

Level 32
@erfanmola: So, have you explored WFE by now, have you realized what mix files are, and what one can do with WFE 2.19 regarding the ingame UI/console (and more), with Legacy versions of the game?

WC3ScrnShot_051921_083357_06.pngWC3ScrnShot_051921_084506_02.pngWC3ScrnShot_052221_130519_01.png

Level 4
@erfanmola: So, have you explored WFE by now, have you realized what mix files are, and what one can do with WFE 2.19 regarding the ingame UI/console (and more), with Legacy versions of the game?

View attachment 380020View attachment 380021View attachment 380022
I have been aware of these tools
But as i said, I cannot launch game using WFE, since i have to use GR to launch the game
I need functionality of WFE as dll file and then rename it to mix, so it loads automatically

pyf

pyf

Level 32
[...] I need functionality of WFE as dll file and then rename it to mix, so it loads automatically
rotfl

The file WFE v2.19.exe is as much a launcher as it is a configurator which creates/updates the settings in the file WFEConfig.ini (which is a plain text file btw, and therefore does not really need any configurator in the first place, because one can use Notepad to edit it directly). These settings in the ini file are read by the file WFEDll.dll when the dll is loaded in memory. This dll is not a dependency of WFE v2.19.exe.

Now, I have already pointed out that mix files are dll files. Also, WFE is designed to work with several legacy versions of the game, including yours.

Now, assuming GR is launching war3.exe, and because war3.exe automatically loads any file with the mix file extension in the same folder, then what does one have to do in order to benefit from what WFE has to offer without using WFE v2.19.exe at all?

The answer is easy, and I think it has already been pointed out somewhere in the WFE thread.

The only problem you might face with GR and any third-party extra modification that loads into memory, might be that GR eventually could detect it as a hacked version and an illegitimate/unauthorized way to play the game on their servers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.