• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Post Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
LOL! This is what will happen if THIS feature will be added...

User effects
============

Users will get encouraged to post!
They will then start to spam, post unmeaningful comments, and the site will be bombarded with pathetic posts.

Users will show off!
They'll start threads like the " best " posts

Users will post more!
They'll try to get their hands on posting to almost anything - just for a post count.

===================================

Think about it. Imagine wc3sear had that. wc3sear would be a horrible community if so. They should be NO rankings or rewards whatsoever. wc3sear is not a spamming and normal site.

Level 6
I agree. Even if it's happening already, it will be escalated beyond your wildest dreams. There would be so many crap posts to sift through it'd make the forums pointless.... so in other words you'd turn the whole site into the skins section! :lol:

Level 13
i mean, when i spam (which im aware of, and im trying to cut back but im really lazy) i dont just go " :p " and leave that as my entire post.

but sopho is right. its not a good idea because more people will spam with even worse posts than before.

i say hell no

Level 12
Sopho said:
LOL! This is what will happen if THIS feature will be added...

User effects
============

Users will get encouraged to post!
They will then start to spam, post unmeaningful comments, and the site will be bombarded with pathetic posts.

Users will show off!
They'll start threads like the " best " posts

Users will post more!
They'll try to get their hands on posting to almost anything - just for a post count.

===================================

Think about it. Imagine wc3sear had that. wc3sear would be a horrible community if so. They should be NO rankings or rewards whatsoever. wc3sear is not a spamming and normal site.

That sounds great to me, we will have more reasons to ban the morons!

Anyways I don't see why this is an idea from Ganon's realm, cause This ranking thing has to be the least original forum feature ever.

Level 13
sure, it would encourage users to post a bit more to see their next status, that would work fine if you'd like more posts on this website. but of course there gotta be harsher moderation, on newground's forum you have about 25 levels but it's heavily moderated, if someone spams they get a one week ban almost instantly, so it teachs the spammer to not spam but to contribute in a more constructive way.

buut i dont agree of having that system on comments too, that way people could post on really old skins just to pump up their score.

Status
Not open for further replies.