• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Post here your MAP IDEAS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Starcraft II is coming real soon...

Now, lets get some map ideas!

I'm giving up in Warcraft III editor... Preparing myself for Starcraft II's editor!

Here's my idea!

Terrans defend a square region and periodically there will be zergs spawning and surrounding the area!

Here's my second idea!

DotD - Defenders of the Descendants!

Here's my third idea!

Space wars! No ground wars!

Level 2
Well, I was originally ganna create this mod for wc3 where you are a commander who directs troops into battle. It's a game where you don't drectly control your units, but you make the unit AI. Now I plan to save it for sc2 for obvious reasons. The map is futuristic (unlike wc3) and is capable of much larger battles than wc3 could ever offer.

Level 14
Well since I'm extraordinarily un-inventive, I'm going to try to make a Lord of the Rings map.

I was in the process of making several for SC:BW (never got finished due to my CD breaking) and I'm currently working on one right now for wc3. So I suppose I probably will make at least 1 for SC2.

Level 4
Listen bevisitors!
As You probably understand that arrogant bastard, who we may call IceFrog, or any other blockhead may have a thought of recreating the infamous DotA map in upcoming Blizzard's game StarCraft II. The reign of choppy/uncatered/lacking in quality or credits maps must end. Most of those kinds of maps simply have been forgotten amongst the rifts of void. But some have been praised to the most blatant of standards! This is the case with DotA. You may ask how and what can we do to reach this goal... Some of You may know of the legendary map called Aeon of Strife, derived back in StarCraft times! So why not to gather a group of Anti-DotA-In-SC2 people, with the leadership of Gunner_4_ever/Nick (if we can still fetch him), and counter DotA's reign (at least in StarCraft II's realms) with the true master? Let quality/distinct purpose/good and controlled fanbase be welcomed! Let us save untouched pureness of StarCraft II before all is lost!

Welcome to Nick's Starcraft Archive!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inspiring talks - /instawin
PEW PEW! OFF TOPIC FTW!

Last edited:
Level 12
They will most likely make a Dota in SC2, it will prob fail. I hope it does, we can't let them fill our searches of just Dota, its stupid, they never let room for other fun maps. Just the same thing over and over. We dont need that

Level 13
But it makes you wonder... how many people would we lose from losing dota in SC2 ?

Whatever, i approve of remaking AoS, so long as its actually good fun and rewarding, unlike DotA.

Level 14
But it makes you wonder... how many people would we lose from losing dota in SC2 ?

Whatever, i approve of remaking AoS, so long as its actually good fun and rewarding, unlike DotA.

I would love to see an AoS for sc2.. just not DotA. Something that isn't item driven.

Level 12
A bunch of IceFrog haters in here lol...

I would love to see Blizzard take up an AoS in SC2 and keep it going strong. IceFrog isn't really the problem. He inherited a map that was broken in balance, concept, and lacked in special custom abilities. He took that map and made it a competitive sport, quite balanced despite it's broken concept and has ruthless followers to support him. I'm pretty sure DotA will be taken up in SC2 unless Blizzard does it 1st. What we could do, is start concept right now and perhaps layout some terrain for the future. I personally believe that if all of Hive Workshop put forth their best hero ideas, best item ideas, and best terrainers. We could have ONE HELL OF A MAP. I like DotA, but I know there could be a better AOS. SO LETS DO IT!

Level 16
I have already created a picture of 3rd person battle, maybe AoS type map. I've got that idea the moment I saw zealot, and it's still running through my head.
Anyway...
Some1 mentioned something about hive grouping up to beat IceFrog? Don't be silly, he's far from good, the DotA wasn't even his idea, and when he took over, it was far from balanced. All he did for past... what like... 2 years? is listen to his fans and do as they say.
He can't transport DotA into SC2 since he's missing soooo much materials for it. All he can do is create some kind of AoS for SC2, which will not be any better than any of ours, if we put some good effort to it that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.