• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Post-Apocalypse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17

Attachments

• Post-ApocalypseAA.jpg
    Post-ApocalypseAA.jpg
    817.5 KB · Views: 5,780
Last edited:
Level 11
the first song fits the terrain extremely well(i thought i was the only one terraining after music:D)
its gives that feeling of a destroyed,forgotten and empty world

i agree with oziris with the trees and the city
besides that,the right side looks a lil bit empty,maybe bring that shed/house or whatever is is a bit more in front,but not too much
other than that,nothing to add,
one lovely terrain

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
So few comments and so few ppl posting terrains lately :/ Seems like terraining is starting to die out or smth :(
Sadly I've noticed the same thing. I've been crazy busy lately so I haven't really been able to do much, and I've got all the contest entries to judge as well.
(i thought i was the only one terraining after music:D)
I've always done that as well. Thomas Newman and Joe Hisaishi have always been great inspirations for me. Might contribute somewhat to the spaced-out style I have.

Thomas Newman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyUWUD-aXto
Joe Hisaishi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naPmRCD_3v8

Now onto the actual review.

Firstly, the sky got me rather interested. I don't think I've ever come across anything similar. Really does look apocalyptic in a distorted manner.

What I would disagree to is that you seem to highlight a few deathwood trees which has a significant disadvantage in terms of quality, at least in comparison to the other models you work with. I would actually take advantage of the bushy crown of the deathwood tree and use it to touch up some less apparent spots where the quality of the model will be of less significance.

I would also like to respectfuly disagree about the grass. That model has seen better days to say the least, there is an entire arsenal of more pleasant models to work with.

Level 11
well i think that there are fewer people because its the period of the year with the exams,but i dunno..

some ideas came to my mind on what could probably increase the activity in the terraining board: 1: have more mini contest(like the picture and whatnot)or something to make the board more interactive
2: have something like"the best terrains of the week/month" where you have a poll,or a group of judges select the best 10/5/3 terrains that appeared in that week/month
3: and lastly probably and updated UTM with more of the high-res models would bring more newcomers to terraining

on the terrain,well i dont think the grass model is bad,maybe it would look better if you turn on the anti-aliasing,besides that i cant see anything that needs improved or changed

Level 31
I really like it, but I'm a noob terrainer, so what do I know ^)^. It's one of the best terrain screenies I've ever seen =D.

It's really hard to make a map too when all you can do is code and all the people you know are also coders =P. It's like, tons and tons of hq hardcore systems from lots of old vets, but 0 terrain =D, hahaa ^)^. And then trying to find a terrainer that can match the quality of the rest of the team is near impossible since apparently we need a few master level terrainers o-o.

Anyways, yea, awesome screenie =).

Status
Not open for further replies.