• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Neon Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17

Attachments

• Neon Sky3.jpg
    Neon Sky3.jpg
    837.8 KB · Views: 2,715
Last edited:
The "waves" in the sky, whatever they are supposed to be- Wind ? are a little off their track.
The background mountains look a little... non-mountainish.
Perhaps sharpen them a little, or add something to "fade" the lacks of it.

However I'll leave you to see if you'll be doing anything to it, as I believe you should be knowing what my points are.

Level 19
The smoke coming out of the chimney is too bright. The same goes for the waves around the boat. I'd replace those models, cause its clearly some visual effect/particle thingy that isn't being affected by the fog that cause way to bright colors!

Other than that, magnificent terrain! Perfect atmosphere! This is my favorite terrain of you also.

Level 18
The Thing i like best about it, is it's different, because, i think someone else mentioned it, but, The camera angle is different, so is the name, and the style of the terrain, and also, the music that he added with it, gives it, a hmm... different, type of feeling.
Also the house, and the windmill look awesome, and are correctly sized, also the picture has good depth. AND just to top it off, it has reflections, even of the shooting stars. :D
This maybe one of the best terrain's i have seen.

Level 7
Great work once again, I really like the reflection effect you did in the pool. However, I think that the house is too dark because i only noticed it when I saw the chimney.

You should really try and make a map with a mystery theme, I'm fairly sure it would turn out well as you are very good at using lighting effects for creating different types of atmospheres.

Level 36
What are those? Uber psyic cosmic clouds of the outer space?

- Point is I find it strange that the "moon" looks like it is in front of the clouds, and not the other way around.

Other then that I really like the terrain, you nailed the reflection part perfectly. I'd do something to the immediate foreground, right in front of that tree, sort of, that aeria seems extremely empty as opposed to the rest of the terrain, which gives of a odd feeling, that and I'd remove the units in the background, but that's probably just me not liking units in terrains.

Status
Not open for further replies.