• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Possible to stack poison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello guys I just wanna ask if stacking poison damage can be done, like.....

Poison Damage per second = 2
Max Stack = 3
Duration= 3 seconds

So if the enemy got 3 stack of poison, he will received 18 damaged per second.
Is there even system for this?

Level 12
In any case this needs to be done with triggers as only SC2 supports stackable buffs.
As we know, wc3 has everything in it somewhere... to some degree..

Wc3's poison abilities do have a stacking flag, note though that the stacking counter can only be increased once per unit applying the buff on the enemy unit.
So if 3 different units with the poison ability are attacking an enemy, the stacking counter will be at 3.

If you want something else you have to trigger it.

Level 12
As we know, wc3 has everything in it somewhere... to some degree..

Wc3's poison abilities do have a stacking flag, note though that the stacking counter can only be increased once per unit applying the buff on the enemy unit.
So if 3 different units with the poison ability are attacking an enemy, the stacking counter will be at 3.

If you want something else you have to trigger it.

Oh that brings up a cool idea. You could have 3 dummy units with the poison orb effect and cycle through them as the actual unit hits other units. Then it would stack up to 3 times and it wouldn't go over.

Level 13
Could you explain how you get that number so I understand the stack mechanics you want? I would have thought the unit would take 6 damage per second.

Its like the passive ability ''envenomed weapons'' whenever a unit attacks an enemy it got poisoned, however attacking the enemy continuously only refreshes the duration of the poison. What I thought of something is stacking the damaged, when the unit attacks the enemy it got poisoned adding 1 stack of poison and attacking him again will add another stack of poison and refreshed the duration. So in short if the unit with 2 stack of poison he will received 12 damaged per second.

stacking counter can only be increased once per unit applying the buff on the enemy unit.

If I will do this then there will be 3 poison buff icon in the unit status bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.