• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] A noob looking for help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys,

I am pretty new to the warcraft editor, therefore I ask here for help.

I am trying to implement 4 different passive abilities:
  1. Shadow meld
  2. Cannibalize
  3. Spell Damage Boost
  4. Spell Damage Reduction

Shadow meld spell should make the night elf invisible when it doesn't move, but once an enemy gets closer to the night elf, it got revealed.

Cannibalize spell should regenerate 3hp/s without requiring a corpse nearby.

Spell Damage Boost spell should give 1 stack to the hero (max.10) for every 2s of taking no damage. 1 stack = +5 dmg to the hero's next offensive spell (maybe a variable counting the stacks). Every time the hero casts the offensive spell, the charges go back to 0. Also, if the hero takes damage and has more than 0 stacks, it should make the charges back to 0 rather than resetting the timer of the current stack.

Spell Damage Reduction spell should give 1 stack to the hero (max.3) for every 7s of taking no damage. 1 stack = 5 damage reduction of an enemy's offensive spell damage taken.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Level 25
Shadow Meld - this could work via two abilities.
1) A dummy passive ability which does nothing (e.g. an Evasion skill with dodge chance set to 0). Your unit will have this ability when it moves (basically whenever the ability is "off")
2) An active ability which has same icon as the passive one. This ability is based off "Channel" ability. It does nothing except the caster channels this ability endlessly.

When unit stops, you switch on a timer for it and if it doesn't move for example for 1 second, you swap the passive ability for the active one and order your unit to cast it.
You also give your unit the permanent invisibility ability.
What you would achieve so far would be a night elf unit that is invisible to nearby units and doesn't attack anyone on sight unless ordered to.

Next, you put all such invisible night elves into group and periodically check if there are any enemies nearby. If they are too close, you reveal the night elf.

----------
Cannibalize - can be done again via Channel ability. When unit starts channeling this ability, you put it in a group that is periodically healed, or you give it some passive ability that boosts HP regen by your desired amount and remove it when it stops channeling cannibalize.

---------
Spell Dmg boost - Relatively simple, but requires DDS. You simply run a timer periodically. When timer expires, you increase stack. When hero takes damage, you reset stacks and timer.
When any other unit takes damage and the source is this hero, increase damage by number of stacks.

-----------
Spell daamge Reduction - requires DDS. Same method as with the above.

Level 16
If you're that new to World editor, why not try play around a bit with ability existing already.

and Also, I think you dont have to say spell about your PASSIVE abilities. its either active spell or passive ability I think

Now moving to the main points:
2- I think this is very easily done via unholy aura? with only self as valid target?
thats it

Level 25
I wouldn't recommend aura. They're not applied instantly and they're not removed instantly.

Cannibalize would really require only two triggers.
Trigger #1
Unit starts the ability
Ability is Cannibalize
Add Hp Regen ability to (Triggering Unit)

Trigger #2
Unit stops casting ability
Ability is Cannibalize
Remove Hp regen ability from (triggering unit)

Level 2
actually you are right.
also, does ring of regeneration provide this kind of ability? maybe we can just use it.

Anyway, since you said you're pretty new to the editor, you have any idea what trigger is? you see it there in the top near object editor

Actually, what I meant with 'I am pretty new to the editor' was that I have been working with other software which uses that type of programming, but I am not really familiar with how to make a specific spell. I know what trigger is, where to find it, how to work with it, but I still lack the skill of making custom spells out of the already existing ones.

Anyway, thank you guys, I will try your suggestion and let you know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.