• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Stacking Buff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello folks.

I got a question. If i wanted to do a passive spell that would do this:

"Upon attacking enemies, gain a Stack of Thousand Cuts. Deal 1% more damage per stack. Stacks up to 2 x (skill level) times"

how would i start?

Thanks in advance for the help.

:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 20
You would need to start in tackling the DDS systems to get or modify the damage dealt and to attach the stacking data part to the attacker/damage source or using a custom buffs to detect a stack...

Level 24
After that, you need a system that can attach data to a buff... or attach a buff to its data.
In standard WC3, buffs are a big pain.
You cannot add different buffs to a unit if the spell used to give the buff is based on the same ability.
You cannot add buffs via triggers without an ability.
And aura buffs are not removed by dispells.

Imo, that third one isnt a big deal.
I have a system that can attach data to a buff (aka the level and the source) but it is really heavy as it tracks the buff for any changes.
A better approach would be to code all buffs via one system and let only that system control the buffs... but that is pretty much an overkill for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.