• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Possible to clean map "Leftovers"/Corruption?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
If a map is edited a lot, with a lot of Objects and triggers being created, as well as many terrain modifications saves and switching hands between users, there appears to be some issue where even if you were to remove all of those objects and triggers. The files performance in the editor would still be worse than expected and the object editor would occasionally crash from deleted objects. My question is, is it possible to fix these issues and how?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
My question is, is it possible to fix these issues and how?
It almost certainly is possible, just how difficult is the real question. You are not the only person to report of such a problem so I am guessing there is a bug in the editor code that causes this by saving something that is no longer required. If one can identify what this is, one could remove it programmatically.

A good place to start would be to look at the custom object data files and check if there are any garbage entries still declared there even after everything is deleted and the problem is persisting. If so then one can analyse them and find possible causes to avoid as well as possibly create a tool to automatically detect and fix this problem.

That said do be aware that the World Edit application does cache object data and assets just like the actual game. This means that after deleting stuff from a map there may only be visible changes in reliability and performance after completely restarting World Edit and reloading the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.