• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Possibility to increase the graphics in wc3 cinematic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
hey hive bros resently was playing painkiller hell and damnation and some short cutouts were made but gave me enough inspiration to recreate one of the areas so as i the tittle can is there any freak way i can literarly increase the graphics on a cinematic?
Dont tell me about terrain,fog,lightning or other crap i already know how to make a descent terrain!been practising few failed projects over the last 5 months eh too lazy what can i say.
But here im talking about a real change to the graphics script or idk code?
Not familiar with the coding or idk so is it possible,could anyone help?
Ofcourse if someone does help me ill be surely be making and uploading it when finished ill be giving the credits and rep and mentioning him in game and hive!
Ofcourse dont think i want painkiller graphics most certain its immpossible but a better look in the cinematic wont hurt :grin:

Well hope someones familliar with this kinda stuff cheers :thumbs_up:

Level 31
Warcraft has its own engine and I am pretty sure you can't change that, except for remaking entire game driven on another engine.

What you are probably looking for, is high quality textures and models. For that you will need some basic modeling as well as texturing skills.

For example, you can use ripped models from WoW or rip those yourself for high quality models that would surely add a lot to the looks of the game.

As for the textures, you have to make sure all meterials are using 512x512 sized high definition images as textures. In case model is big, you should get several 512x512 sized textures to skin entire model. With help I happen to have a small book model that uses 4 textures of 512x512 size each for a cover only and book model maintains really high quality texture even when zoomed to a full screen.

Graphical performance may be also decreased due to opengl function that allows you to open Warcraft 3 on Windows 7.

So if you have enough energy to use and pick only HQ models and retexture some of these for a better performance, you may surely get great results, if not best you can get around. There are many projects that are built having these rules in mind, it doesn't look like Warcraft at all.

EDIT: I checked your work and your terrain wasn't that decent as you stated, so I guess these tutorials are still useful. You use big scaled models so no wonder it gets all blurry. For that to fix, the key is texturing and for model quality not much you can do except to rip some models from WoW made by professionals or become a great 3D artist yourself of course.

Level 10
That is old work,my skill in terraining has improved(allot) besides im much mature than since so its my + and as i said i had projects a few in the last 5 months but something new comes up,or a gf or im just lazy to finish it!
Well WoW models it is :)
Since you mentioned my terraining would you like me to pm you when i finish and post my project i would like your opinion about it and rating :)

Level 31
Well I think it is irrational to take only your word as a proof, so instead I looked at your latest work results.

WoW models would be one solution, but even a simple well retextured model might reborn very well.

Of course, let me know when it is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.