• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Poll] Basic Attacking Mounts

Do you think attacking mounts might me a good feature?

• Yeah!

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Nay!

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Maybe, Lets make Zweibelchen decide!

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hear ye, Hear ye! :ogre_rage:

I would like to ask the community as to what their opinions on the title subject is. I feel like this will never be a feature and for good reason, but I am just genuinely curious about the opinions of the community regarding this. It could be balanced if your mounts only do a set amount of damage and you cant use skills on them, but I also have this strange feeling that Zwiebelchen might add a rare/legendary mount drop that can actually basic attack as a special skill. Just thinking of it makes me hyped. So anyway! What can you fellas say about this?

Level 7
I voted no because I just don't see the purpose. You have no reason to fight anything while mounted. Giving them a set attack power isn't going to help anything. It'd likely be too weak to viably fight anything other than a wolf or a bandit in the first area. Just getting off your mount to kill something will ALWAYS be the better choice, as its not like getting back on the mount really causes any downtime.

Level 8
Well in general gameplay it's a solid "No" from me. However, it could be an interesting option in the Battle Arena. Upon entering the "Mounted Brawl" (or something, I dunno, I'm not great with names), you get 2 or 3 basic skills like Ram and Defend.

N.B. No auto-attacking, you can only use these basic skills which have cooldowns and cast times.

Level 5
How about something like a ram attack?Deal small amount of damage every time you collide with a unit while mounted when charge is active for example due to the high speed?(Resulting in running over low lvl mobs like lvl 1 wolfs would be fun imo ) :D

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
In the long term, I would like to see a "nature-fitting" damage ability added to a very rare legendary mount. For instance, a dragonkin with a 'Dragon's breath' ability - dealing very, very low damage (comparable to a lvl 1 magician fireball). This is purely for looks and fun given to the über geeks, who want to do the hardest content over and over just to get such a mount.

The requirements could be to acquire a large amount of already very important materials (endgame ones used for important endgame gear), thus giving the mount a completely superfluous and extravagant status - i.e. for people with too much time on their hands :-D.

But ye, this is completely unnecessary and simply just a gimmick feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.