• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Passive Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I think there's a lack of passive spell in gaias which is "currently" only each per class.
Maybe you can add 1-2 more basic passive spell for each class :).

I think the passive spell for theif is overpowered
it gives +50% crit damage (correct me if i'm wrong)

While mage passive skill is kinda useless imho since it only gives 2 mana per attack. Mana pot will setteled mp issue instead of this skill. Furthermore mage more focused to casting spell instead of taking the time to attack. It doesn't really matter for mage's gameplay for learning or not learning this spell ( just opinion)
Suggestion: make it mp regen aura or rework it completely.

ranger passive is slight underpowered imho compared to assasin passive skill which only give 5% to crit attack and 5% evasion.
suggestion: give it additional attack speed or crit damage ( say 10% for as or 15% for crit damage) or give it additional armor penetration or damage.

And I think prist and squire passive skill is already balanced.

Last edited:
I think there's a lack of passive spell in gaias which is "currently" only each per class.
Maybe you can add 1-2 more basic passive spell for each class :).

I think the passive spell for theif is overpowered
it gives +50% crit damage (correct me if i'm wrong)

While mage passive skill is kinda useless imho since it only gives 2 mana per attack. Mana pot will setteled mp issue instead of this skill. Furthermore mage more focused to casting spell instead of taking the time to attack. It doesn't really matter for mage's gameplay for learning or not learning this spell ( just opinion)
Suggestion: make it mp regen aura or rework it completely.

ranger passive is slight underpowered imho compared to assasin passive skill which only give 5% to crit attack and 5% evasion.
suggestion: give it additional attack speed or crit damage ( say 10% for as or 15% for crit damage) or give it additional armor penetration or damage.

And I think prist and squire passive skill is already balanced.
Just one thing I want to explain:
I don't balance spells in itself. I balance the classes.
And I think the passives are fine as they are. Have you not noticed that some spells are less useful than others?
You got your pet, you got your range, you got your utility spells. Add pet damage to your dps and you easily exceed assassins in DPS.

The passives are meant as a little 'gimmick', as they don't take up a place in your active spellbook. They were never meant to be strong or over-the-top useful. Think of them as something as class specialities. Rangers got more critical chance, thieves strike harder when critting, clerics got their support, squires the additional defence mechanism. And for mages its useful to have once your mana runs out. If you never get trouble with mana, specc less wisdom!

But I might consider removing the concept of the "seperate" passives at all and add them to the active spellbook instead with the same limitation. Then people could chose wether they want to add the passive or use something else. In that case a buff for certain passives should be possible.
This is something that is on my mind for a longer time now, as some classes will have more passives than others in the future (monks vs. bards for example).

Level 10
But I might consider removing the concept of the "seperate" passives at all and add them to the active spellbook instead with the same limitation. Then people could chose wether they want to add the passive or use something else. In that case a buff for certain passives should be possible.
This is something that is on my mind for a longer time now, as some classes will have more passives than others in the future (monks vs. bards for example).

I kind of think this would be a good idea. Some people would be upset about it, but IMO it really makes players decide which spells they want to consider taking. I can't wait until if/when Gaias gets to the point where there is just a numerous amount of spells for each class and the customization for each classes really starts to stand out. Even if down the road new content never gets released, it would be cool if like new spells or events were added occasionally one here, one there, to allow more customization

Status
Not open for further replies.