• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Police Officer

"Protect and serve!"

I made a cop model, because I like cops-- and I don't want them to go away :D

Also since it's functional I'm uploading it to show signs of life so people don't think I died again.

Changes
- Removed the unused particle effect
- Removed unused textures
- Removed unused material
- Added in-game screenshot (God I hate having to fiddle with my phone to play an offline game @u@)
Previews
Contents

Police Officer (Model)

Reviews
loktar
Well made model, works properly. I'm gonna go ahead and approve this, but there's still two unused global sequences which you should remove.
Level 21
"You are under arrest!" The Policeman...

"Wait what? I did nothing wrong!" The Peon...

Or even could be used for other stuff too...

Maybe a Cops vs Robbers, Cops defending stuff, detective map, or maybe a Resident Evil map to hunt down the zombies...

Level 64
Anyone know if the map wrath of the kaiser is ready to play? Or any other War maps with Dave's models?

Hey fantocan :peasant-smile:

Wrath of the Kaiser, as a project, was abandoned due to lack-of-interest, ever-increasing complexity regarding government mechanics, and the final blow came from Blizzard itself in the form of that EULA most foul

While I'm still producing WotK assets for others to use, my own project is done with - if you'd like to pick it up as your own personal project, I can send you the map - it's playable, but unfinished

Level 5
Hey fantocan :peasant-smile:

Wrath of the Kaiser, as a project, was abandoned due to lack-of-interest, ever-increasing complexity regarding government mechanics, and the final blow came from Blizzard itself in the form of that EULA most foul

While I'm still producing WotK assets for others to use, my own project is done with - if you'd like to pick it up as your own personal project, I can send you the map - it's playable, but unfinished
Oh man that is really sad to hear, I was looking forward to your map...

You could do something simpler you know, like a Prequel, smallers wars before the World War I.

Now Reforged EULA, yeah it sucks, but people have been circunventing it by using Vanilla Wc3 to make the map.

I mean love your models they are amazing, I'm intu game design but am shit for modeling, would be great if you did a small map, maybe some Austrian soldiers atacking Serbia as the Prequel to WW1.

Or even the Nazi taking over Poland, your models are just so great, would be a shame them not getting used.

PS: Would love to take a look at your map.

FSK

FSK

Level 5
also, it would be cool if there was a animation where they didnt carry the gun all the time. For my map i dont want them to have the gun out all the time. would that be possible to add? great model btw.

edit: also, would you be willing to release that beautiful swat version?

Last edited:
Level 64
also, it would be cool if there was a animation where they didnt carry the gun all the time. For my map i dont want them to have the gun out all the time. would that be possible to add? great model btw.

edit: also, would you be willing to release that beautiful swat version?
Sure man :)

For the police pack, the complete list looks something like this
  • Male Officer (Pistol, Nightstick)
  • Female Officer (Pistol, Nightstick)
  • Shotgun Officer (Shotgun)
  • SWAT (MP5)
  • SWAT (Stick/Shield, Pistol/Shield)
  • Police Chief (Mustache, Revolver, Vest)

I don't have a SWAT model right now, but I want to base it off of a 90s version of this:

SWAT.png

Presently I'm working on some Roman soldiers and an Orc Smelter, once those are done I'll repaint the Police Omni-skin to include the Female and SWAT gear.

Cheers :)

Level 64
How is the progress of the rest of the police?
I got burned out on modeling after finishing the LotR Trolls; since then I've been making 2D D&D assets as a creative outlet until I can get the spark to model again

Haven't forgotten about the Police Pack, but there's a lot of unfinished projects floating around x_x

Level 4
I got burned out on modeling after finishing the LotR Trolls; since then I've been making 2D D&D assets as a creative outlet until I can get the spark to model again

Haven't forgotten about the Police Pack, but there's a lot of unfinished projects floating around x_x
Take your time. I and others as well I am sure would prefer you are well rested. You are a pillar of Warcraft 3 modding and everyone deserves a vacation from things. I look forward to what your next project will be after your well deserved rest.