• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pokemon Legacy V0.15(System Fix)

By NightBrowler

The Team:
rulerofiron99 (Triggers/System/Spells)
Aradar (Spells)

Project Thread
Click Here

Information:
The map is based on the gameboy pokemon game. Altrhough it's multiplayer and the names of the cities doesn't match with those of the game. It's a 8 player game, so you have to fight against 8 other human players.

Features:

More than 80 pokemons to catch (GEN I).
AI Tournament Players
You can go on shiny hunt.
This game is very similiar to the original pokemon games
-(NOT TURN BASED THOUGH)
Abillity type difference when battling (Spells ecc.)
Your trainer has 4 bags to put items into.
4 Legendaries:Mewto, Mew, Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos.
You can battle gym leaders, to gain access to other cities.
More than 60 spells/moves to choose from, the skill system is based on the real game,
so you can forget/learn/TM skills.
Tournament Trophy System (Next Ver) (see unlockables)
-everytime you win the game you gain 1 trophy which you can save/load.

Unlockables:
+5 Tournament Trophies = Unlock Thunderbolt (You can choose pikachu as starter pokemon.)
+10 Tournament Trophies= Unlock Firewheel (You can choose cyndaquil as starter pokemon.)
+20 Tournament Trophies= Unlock Heavy Fighter (You can choose either Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee as starter.)
+30 Tournament Trophies= Unlock Pretender (Unlocks Ditto)
+40 Tournament Trophies= Unlock Sunshine (The 3 basic starters become shiny.)

Trailer:

Credits:
Models:
Alan001
Vexslasher
Espereon
Tarubo123
Gwapogi
Tank-Commander
Maker

Triggers/Spells/Systems:
rulerofiron99
defskull
Marcello Hossomi
Maker
ap0calypse
Dangerb0y
Maker

Ideas Credits:
Drunken Jackal
GameCrafterlerDK
Kevlamin

If I forgot anyone please tell me.

Keywords:
Pokemon, Legacy, Gameboy, Pikachu, Game, Nightbrowler, Models, Arena, Fightning, Move, Project, 0.1b, v0.1b, v0.1, 0.1
Contents

Pokemon Legacy V0.15(System Fix) (Map)

Reviews
Approved - do you know what pokemon is? yes. did you play it in game boy? no. gba? no. nintendo ds? no. any consoles? no. did you find Orcnet to be lame to be nominated at User of the Year? yes and he suck like horseduck. okay then, here's a...

M

[img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/images_all/icons/peonpower01.gif[/img] ORCNET
e5b1fd1d3e8b29d3008437560552d9f0_64489.jpg
3da5dde2fce9d4032964b0c545b93ff4_64504.gif

Comment

Review

Version

Approved
thumbsup1.gif
- do you know what pokemon is? yes. did you play it in game boy? no. gba? no. nintendo ds? no. any consoles? no. did you find Orcnet to be lame to be nominated at User of the Year? yes and he suck like horseduck. okay then, here's a pokemon game that can be played in your wacraft 3!
Pokemon Legacy (Version 0.13)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Pokemon Legacy" is a role playing game that takes part in the pokemon world where you train your pokemon(hero) and be the pokemon trainer you dreamed as a child. Before it was cool.

"Outstanding and brilliant idea, I did enjoy training up my favorite pokemons and play it again and again although I encountered some bugs(already explain by users) so I guess the newer version will have to deal with that, its a cool game play that can be played with friends."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Terrain is very plain looking, I'm expecting the pokemon world would look so better with jungles or shrouded with everglades to make the fill of pokemon hunting, same goes with majestic villages and all."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Overall your work needs attention on those bug issues, although the map is playable and good I don't expect it to be acceptable because of these issues but its good to go, and some problems with art-related stuff in your map, the cartoon icons doesn't mate well with wc3's standards, how about use the graphic showed in the trading cards since it blends more, also the guard(high elven swordsman) model doesn't blend too, find a decent model in this site that can be accurate with other anime-like 3d models."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
11/1587%B
V0.13
b98eac199f32818d861dc8eadf7b5483_64851.gif

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet
- has reviewed version 0.13

Level 2
hey, could you upload a single player map pls cause the tournament i cant skip...and the 1st grass were the lvl 10-20 pokemons are they dont spawn.also after lvl 15 or 16 there spawning allot of empty pokeballs.other than the tournament thing its a great pokemon game.

Level 12
hey, could you upload a single player map pls cause the tournament i cant skip...and the 1st grass were the lvl 10-20 pokemons are they dont spawn.also after lvl 15 or 16 there spawning allot of empty pokeballs.other than the tournament thing its a great pokemon game.

what do you mean they don't spawn? and what do you mean with the empty pokeballs?

Level 1
Report Map

Thanks to You for creating this map..I like your maps very much..
I have played the map..2 player LAN game..and i did closed all rest of open slot..

1. But in tournament, still appear computer player..named player 1,player 2,player 3 etc. in tournamen..

2. some uncontrolable Clone of myself and joined the tournamen too

3. the are spell named "Bodyslam" that can kill pokemon on one hit

I hope you fix the bug on next version..
thanks

Level 1
Report Map 2

Other bug:

- Pokemon Legacy V0.13 (No Crash) still Crashed when in the game
- Chalmander canot learn 5th spell and next spell (cannot replace previous spell with new one if the slot spell is full)

Level 12
Thanks to You for creating this map..I like your maps very much..
I have played the map..2 player LAN game..and i did closed all rest of open slot..

1. But in tournament, still appear computer player..named player 1,player 2,player 3 etc. in tournamen..

2. some uncontrolable Clone of myself and joined the tournamen too

3. the are spell named "Bodyslam" that can kill pokemon on one hit

I hope you fix the bug on next version..
thanks

1.In the Tournament those are AI players they are meant to be there
2.Yea i know that bu aswell will try to fix it.
3.Bodyslam aswell fixing it.
4.Pokemons can only learn 4 spells, so he can't learn a 5th spell, you have to remove 1 of the other spells by writing -1 -2 -3 OR -4

Level 1
thanks man

I joined this forum just to thank you for your work. Keep up the good work- hope all the bugs can be fixed.

Could you make the whole pokemon game that can be saved as well, with no tournament time limit. Perhaps you can follow the same method "the black road" map uses?

This is honestly the best game in WC3 that I have played. Keep updating.

Level 12
I joined this forum just to thank you for your work. Keep up the good work- hope all the bugs can be fixed.

Could you make the whole pokemon game that can be saved as well, with no tournament time limit. Perhaps you can follow the same method "the black road" map uses?

This is honestly the best game in WC3 that I have played. Keep updating.

Thanks, people lke you really make my work worth it =).. about the save system i will add something like a save but in another way, let it surprise you =)

how's version v0.13?

with fewer bugs

Level 1
No problem!

I normally play this with my girlfriend, and she doesn't normally play WC aside from TD's, but she loves this game too. We'll def be waiting for the next update.

Level 3
I love the game, every minute of it. Too bad i can't get more than 30 min out of this.

we cant figure out how to remove spells, -1 -2 -3 and -4 wont work.
Also the TMs are really buggy, so much so that we don't use em anymore.
Also some of us can't see the minimap, idk but we can only see the Pokemon Legacy picture in place of the minimap.

Looking forward to a crash-free version

Level 12
I love the game, every minute of it. Too bad i can't get more than 30 min out of this.

we cant figure out how to remove spells, -1 -2 -3 and -4 wont work.
Also the TMs are really buggy, so much so that we don't use em anymore.
Also some of us can't see the minimap, idk but we can only see the Pokemon Legacy picture in place of the minimap.

Looking forward to a crash-free version

the spell system should be clean, tm also, i have to check them again, and the picture is of my own will there, it was placed to people can't see the mini map, also im working on it, and my spell maker aswell to improve performance.

approved map, you need to fix those bad luck bugs dude good luck and happy map making :)

Thanks for approving, I am trying to fix all crash,s i think there might be a leak in some loop.

Level 9
the game still crashes if you use a feather of articunio with some of your pkm, you should add a description what such items do and fix the bug^^

edit: crashed again after i played about 15 min catching 3 pkm, and using rage (charmeleon) and ember ina chain (waitet for finished animations after using next ability) also the attack field of attacks like ember, blubble, watergun is some more left then the target point you select

i finally played the whole game (till the timer expired) and i think that each ability has the chance to crash the game, it happend when i was using sinmple ones like "tackle" and complex ones like "dragon burst" also there are some abilitys wich causes heavy lag (magnitude and an fire attack from charmander, forgot the name sorry)
you should make the players choose if they want a tournament or not, also change something on areas like the ghost tower, if you don't have protect with you, you are going into battles every 3 sec.
also i noticed a huge bug in the tournament system at the end, i did some screens to show you:

191738-albums6073-picture64870.jpg

191738-albums6073-picture64871.jpg
[/IMG]

in the first picture you see a spawn/move bug and the whole system was damaged there, also there are more than one timer on the top border

on the first picture you can see the log and what caused the problem, "player 6 vs player 6" even no defeat the next match startet and then there were all storage machines from player 1 and 3 removed from pkm centre and where moved to the arena

over all its a nice map idea, but i think you tried something to hard for you, i would really like to see this project finished, but atm it is not playable

Last edited:
Level 1
Would be awesome to actually be able to forget a skill / ability when trying to learn a new move. Game is very buggy...

Level 12
Would be awesome to actually be able to forget a skill / ability when trying to learn a new move. Game is very buggy...

well you can actually...

the game still crashes if you use a feather of articunio with some of your pkm, you should add a description what such items do and fix the bug^^

edit: crashed again after i played about 15 min catching 3 pkm, and using rage (charmeleon) and ember ina chain (waitet for finished animations after using next ability) also the attack field of attacks like ember, blubble, watergun is some more left then the target point you select

i finally played the whole game (till the timer expired) and i think that each ability has the chance to crash the game, it happend when i was using sinmple ones like "tackle" and complex ones like "dragon burst" also there are some abilitys wich causes heavy lag (magnitude and an fire attack from charmander, forgot the name sorry)
you should make the players choose if they want a tournament or not, also change something on areas like the ghost tower, if you don't have protect with you, you are going into battles every 3 sec.
also i noticed a huge bug in the tournament system at the end, i did some screens to show you:

191738-albums6073-picture64870.jpg

191738-albums6073-picture64871.jpg
[/IMG]

in the first picture you see a spawn/move bug and the whole system was damaged there, also there are more than one timer on the top border

on the first picture you can see the log and what caused the problem, "player 6 vs player 6" even no defeat the next match startet and then there were all storage machines from player 1 and 3 removed from pkm centre and where moved to the arena

over all its a nice map idea, but i think you tried something to hard for you, i would really like to see this project finished, but atm it is not playable

Can't see the pictures and thanks for posting the bugs.

Level 1
well you can actually...

Can't see the pictures and thanks for posting the bugs.

How about: don't contradict me, unless you give me some useful advice on how to actually achieve what is currently not possible for me? If I even type "-show" , the message won't appear again. Face it: your map is buggy as fuck.

Level 4
played it and legendaries are way too easy to catch imo, also the fight against them is kinda boring (perhaps some music?xd), i suggest making it way harder to catch them(they shouldn't be buffed as a players pokemon, just as an enemy).
otherwise a really fun game to play

Level 12
How about: don't contradict me, unless you give me some useful advice on how to actually achieve what is currently not possible for me? If I even type "-show" , the message won't appear again. Face it: your map is buggy as fuck.

Whenever i played it worked so show me a video or something. Can you create a better map? No? Ok then stop thinking ur smart!

played it and legendaries are way too easy to catch imo, also the fight against them is kinda boring (perhaps some music?xd), i suggest making it way harder to catch them(they shouldn't be buffed as a players pokemon, just as an enemy).
otherwise a really fun game to play

You have a 3% rate to get the item, i think it's hard to get one, also i would like to add music but it would affect the game size. Maybe i will think of something thanks for telling me =)

Level 18
there's a map named long voyage you could use their pokemon models (they don't have that many animations) and their map is like 2mb with almost all pokemons xD, you could save a lot of space.

edit: played the game, dude the game could use more work, like pokeballs mega balls and ultra balls, all of them got the same description.
tilesets do not fit, try to not use blizzard cliffs,icons could use some love etc.

if you need someone to help you with that kind of stuff i could.

also, making this an orpg would make it hundreds of times more interesting (making lower XP gain(way lower), lower rare pokemon chances of appearing etc).

also add fog of war, and my charmander evolved in battle and it appeared 5000000 open pokeballs and it got really buggy

Last edited:
Level 9
edit: played the game, dude the game could use more work, like pokeballs mega balls and ultra balls, all of them got the same description.
tilesets do not fit, try to not use blizzard cliffs,icons could use some love etc.

also, making this an orpg would make it hundreds of times more interesting (making lower XP gain(way lower), lower rare pokemon chances of appearing etc).

also add fog of war, and my charmander evolved in battle and it appeared 5000000 open pokeballs and it got really buggy

1.: custom descriptions to pokeballs? i mean... wtf? there is nothing to say about them except color, catchrate and what the finnaly do - catch and hold pkm...

tilesets are ok, custom tilesets wich are fit to eachother and to the map theme are hard to find, i think this not that important

the icons for pkm types and attacks are ok, too. you see the type of the attack as icon, i like this idea, description is not to long and all i need to know about the move is also there, so whats the problem?

overall the map could need some more love yes, mostly in desing(that does not mean custom tilesets)

2. an mp orpg would be really nice yes, in this point i 100% agree with you, also that the exp gain is to high, lower chances of rare pkm? well only 1 player can catch legendarys so... don't know maybe you mean pkm like scyther or alakazam? i never found one of them

3. i had a similiar bug today, charmander evolved and then i had 2 charmeleons but only had one ball, so there was a copy of a charameleon but i cant use it, next bug i had was after encountering the first shiny, an ghost copy of my self (trainer) appeared at the position cuz the shiny was a gengar it was a bit like "wtf i died and became a ghost?" xD

Level 12
there's a map named long voyage you could use their pokemon models (they don't have that many animations) and their map is like 2mb with almost all pokemons xD, you could save a lot of space.

working on it, and i won't make it an orpg, orpg are not so popular, and never played, I made this game for the reason to play against other players with same chances of winning orpgs are unfair to beginners.

Yea i know that bug working on the map.. so wait for the next version.
and thanks for posting =)

Level 18
also the shiny pokemons got a buff that says "tooltip" change it to shiny so people know it's a shiny.

i don't know if you're using jass new gen pack or not but you should you get a lot of cool options for cliffs like making rock tile unwalkable and then you use it as mountains just like all good maps.

Level 5

Face it we're going over the errors right now as I speak problem is that some of us has semester finals coming up.
Secondly I am an exchange student in America, playing basketball, changing hostfamily - face it we're humans to, give us some time.

Level 12
Face it we're going over the errors right now as I speak problem is that some of us has semester finals coming up.
Secondly I am an exchange student in America, playing basketball, changing hostfamily - face it we're humans to, give us some time.

I love it when you give those answers =D .. Anyways i found out why it doesn't work for some players the skill system, it was only set for 4 players, so i set it for 8 players it's fixed now.

4 Legendaries:Mewto, Mew, Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos.
there's 5, mewtwo*

I know =)

Last edited:
Level 2
~sigh~ i want to get through this game so bad. cause its awsome. me and a bud just tested .15 still broken. i started with Bulb he started charmander i got pigi he got spearow. then it crashed alittle after that. somthing about an accsess violation

Level 1
Nightbrowler i had an idea for your map do not know if you've ever thought about it more why you do not make a trigger to modify the terrain and tree in the area of capture pokemon, i did a trigger test and i think would look good on your map ...

Level 4
So!
heh....:d Dunno from where to start.
I DON'T LIKE GAME BOY.Neither the pokemon version in it.
I'll make it simply.I want DRAGON BALL ULTIMATE ( if u know the map ) WIth pokemons.
Ah...I will have to say also that i am surprised that someone give attettion to triggers ( which i love ) that is not chinese.Keep trying on this and never stop till u die.( or anyway for as long as possible) Triggers is everything for pokemons.( Thus i like dbz cause of triggers :d (spells and not only)).If u think that u can't tell me what is in need for you to hire ( if u don't have yet) ppl who will make a very good code to map so it will become 2MB from 6-7 that it is now.I have ideas that will make ur map top.I don't expect of course to see it tommorow.I can wait even 1 or 2 years as well.I have over 180 custom models.30 legendary.(Excelent models.)
Pm me.I want them in.I said dbzu in first place cause i disagree with the way u made the map ( based on gameboy) but w/e i hope it comes out good.I prefer customized things MOSTLY TO POKEMONS IT SELF rather to anything else.If AFTER triggers / custom spells and models of pokemon is any space left will be used for fixes or so...I don't want totally nothing more customized except models and spells cause of F***** limitation of blizzard.
Please man.YOu are a german as i am ( sadly i don't speak german cause im not going :( often )So. Don't give up upon this pokemon project.I want eventually to see it as dbzu or smth...I can give you the 5 TOP pokemon maps that exist in world of warcraft 3 and searching about it for over 2 years and messing with this "pokemon" thing.If there is anyway ( or u have garena) i will give you all models of pokemon i have.Examples? Latios.Arceus.Darkrai.Tauros.Zekrom.Many other as well.My favorite from mortals? Ninetales.I ONLY LACK 2 eevees.( evos) i have 6 eevees ( + the basic one)Please... I have many pokemon.Pm or post here if u want (please) these models and find a way ( space) to add them and i can wait for you to work their spells as long as it needs.Even if triggers take place only TO LEGENDARY ( i really want triggered spells to legendary) and simple pokemon will be with simplfied spells only.For space i can even accept ( to simple pokemons) repeated spells.Look squirtle.It can have 2 same spells as .....Tedotile( i don't have it.I just giving you example how to save space.)Please man.I love models.( Some of those i have i don't know if they are converted animated boned. But im sure that u can check this ur self.Zekrom is for sure and confirmed anyway :D (yay)).
Don't give up on this map as most ppl did.It can become a great pokemon map.
Also i would like incrase of the numbers if it is possible and do not take space.( 100 level capacity...1k stats + Spells damage incrase ( dbz at all) ).I do like this (japanese) anime...But i like pokemon more and i would like to see it made like the (japanese) project.Your terain anyway is good...I wouldn't ask anything on it :D just saying what i would like.But i persist for models and for a unique addition of systems ( to legendary) and triggered spells ( to legendary).Please man.I believe that you got the brains and more importantly assistance.People who are at your side and have the same skills ( i want to believe ) with you.At all for a great pokemon map ( greatest ) with this 8mb limitation will be with the list i have ( released and not ) pokemons that is arround 203-205( i have evachu black lugia etc...)Of course limitation will not be a problem i hope since i have only 150-180 or so and im not sure if ALL of them is ready models( cresselia as well.)Come on :(
Oh...Yeah....Well...As about simple pokemon i would like to see ( for all sets 2 evolution and 3 evolutions pokemons ( e.g) : Pichu pikacu raichu. Ekans,Kobra.)
I don't have COMPLETED SETS.But u can use the models and put at the rest sets with wc3 models. E.G.: i have MAGMORTAR.So for this EPIC ( even simple) pokemon to be in use u should make magmar and magby wtih wc3 models.I will acept this since as i said not all of my list of 203 pokemon is released but only half of it or the 3/4 actually.

Level 4
U'll probably claim that my english suck or that the result u made from my words ( as u on purpose misread my post) is that i wanted a new map or a entire root-change of the specific one.
I actually requested addition of some models in this map and to have their own triggered spells.To make it easier , i simply explained as well that i have these models.Also anything about dbzu stuff would be impossible cause a map can't hold more than 150 pokemon i bet.I have about 94?! pokemon only from links i gathered with 50kb each average ( hitmontop is a rare example that weights 350kb lol and of course i don't support his addition unless it be remade)still the whole .zip weights over 10mb (10.58).

E: I also would like to congratulate once more ( in case i did it in previous post) for his good systems and nice ideas he have.Human's 4 spell-books that is a chain to another invetory/spell or smth like that , is excelent and totally useful.I was always wondering how could it be possible for 6 pokemons since trainer always will need a couple more slots for items except pokeballs.And there we are.He made with a good thought 6 slots for pokemons + 6 for invetory. (+6 this is actually to spawn the pokemon you like.)Also his idea for more than 1 areas of duels for a buff to pokemon ( e.g. Rock duel area good for onix etc...) is good as well and i remember....None actually.Nobody else added this feature.Im wondering though ( just from curiosity even if i don't like the pokemon and i don't want it in.) in which area would a porygon fight.... o_O

Second edit: FATAL ERROR
crashjw.jpg

I tried without bandage from mistake to enter rock gym smth like that.
Another one sad edit:played again beign me and my mates totally careful and when we were just fighting pokes in grass ( duel ) we crashed from nowhere.Great.Please fix.It's a very good map.Fix is first of all.Fix of crashes.Then we discuss ( and if) about addition of more models....A so good map with so many crashes :(
Edit Last one:Damn! Man..I just gone to a dark forest with pokemons 15-28 level and game crashed again...What a torture..A damn normal pokemon game can't be found? :((((((((

E:Well....FOR FUCK'S SAKE....
crash1w.jpg

Upon my evolution Exactly all these empty pokeballs spawned from nowhere.4 secs later we crashed.
No other comments.

Last edited: