• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pokemon Legacy V0.15(System Fix)

By NightBrowler

The Team:
rulerofiron99 (Triggers/System/Spells)
Aradar (Spells)

Project Thread
Click Here

Information:
The map is based on the gameboy pokemon game. Altrhough it's multiplayer and the names of the cities doesn't match with those of the game. It's a 8 player game, so you have to fight against 8 other human players.

Features:

More than 80 pokemons to catch (GEN I).
AI Tournament Players
You can go on shiny hunt.
This game is very similiar to the original pokemon games
-(NOT TURN BASED THOUGH)
Abillity type difference when battling (Spells ecc.)
Your trainer has 4 bags to put items into.
4 Legendaries:Mewto, Mew, Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos.
You can battle gym leaders, to gain access to other cities.
More than 60 spells/moves to choose from, the skill system is based on the real game,
so you can forget/learn/TM skills.
Tournament Trophy System (Next Ver) (see unlockables)
-everytime you win the game you gain 1 trophy which you can save/load.

Unlockables:
+5 Tournament Trophies = Unlock Thunderbolt (You can choose pikachu as starter pokemon.)
+10 Tournament Trophies= Unlock Firewheel (You can choose cyndaquil as starter pokemon.)
+20 Tournament Trophies= Unlock Heavy Fighter (You can choose either Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee as starter.)
+30 Tournament Trophies= Unlock Pretender (Unlocks Ditto)
+40 Tournament Trophies= Unlock Sunshine (The 3 basic starters become shiny.)

Trailer:

Credits:
Models:
Alan001
Vexslasher
Espereon
Tarubo123
Gwapogi
Tank-Commander
Maker

Triggers/Spells/Systems:
rulerofiron99
defskull
Marcello Hossomi
Maker
ap0calypse
Dangerb0y
Maker

Ideas Credits:
Drunken Jackal
GameCrafterlerDK
Kevlamin

If I forgot anyone please tell me.

Keywords:
Pokemon, Legacy, Gameboy, Pikachu, Game, Nightbrowler, Models, Arena, Fightning, Move, Project, 0.1b, v0.1b, v0.1, 0.1
Contents

Pokemon Legacy V0.15(System Fix) (Map)

Reviews
Approved - do you know what pokemon is? yes. did you play it in game boy? no. gba? no. nintendo ds? no. any consoles? no. did you find Orcnet to be lame to be nominated at User of the Year? yes and he suck like horseduck. okay then, here's a...
Level 12
I've looked over the triggers and I have deduced it's not the abilities crashing the game - rather it's something else.

Yea, i think it's some leak in some systems...

Creative death no one cares, go away and make your own map.

this map is meant to be like pokemon.

also since you already added cyndaquil instead of hitmonlee or hitmonchan you could use tyrogue :3

Yea i tought about tyrouge too, but don't have his model.

U'll probably claim that my english suck or that the result u made from my words ( as u on purpose misread my post) is that i wanted a new map or a entire root-change of the specific one.
I actually requested addition of some models in this map and to have their own triggered spells.To make it easier , i simply explained as well that i have these models.Also anything about dbzu stuff would be impossible cause a map can't hold more than 150 pokemon i bet.I have about 94?! pokemon only from links i gathered with 50kb each average ( hitmontop is a rare example that weights 350kb lol and of course i don't support his addition unless it be remade)still the whole .zip weights over 10mb (10.58).

E: I also would like to congratulate once more ( in case i did it in previous post) for his good systems and nice ideas he have.Human's 4 spell-books that is a chain to another invetory/spell or smth like that , is excelent and totally useful.I was always wondering how could it be possible for 6 pokemons since trainer always will need a couple more slots for items except pokeballs.And there we are.He made with a good thought 6 slots for pokemons + 6 for invetory. (+6 this is actually to spawn the pokemon you like.)Also his idea for more than 1 areas of duels for a buff to pokemon ( e.g. Rock duel area good for onix etc...) is good as well and i remember....None actually.Nobody else added this feature.Im wondering though ( just from curiosity even if i don't like the pokemon and i don't want it in.) in which area would a porygon fight.... o_O

Second edit: FATAL ERROR
crashjw.jpg

I tried without bandage from mistake to enter rock gym smth like that.
Another one sad edit:played again beign me and my mates totally careful and when we were just fighting pokes in grass ( duel ) we crashed from nowhere.Great.Please fix.It's a very good map.Fix is first of all.Fix of crashes.Then we discuss ( and if) about addition of more models....A so good map with so many crashes :(
Edit Last one:Damn! Man..I just gone to a dark forest with pokemons 15-28 level and game crashed again...What a torture..A damn normal pokemon game can't be found? :((((((((

E:Well....FOR FUCK'S SAKE....
crash1w.jpg

Upon my evolution Exactly all these empty pokeballs spawned from nowhere.4 secs later we crashed.
No other comments.

alright first of all thanks for your posting, I basically made this map because i thought it could be fun and wc3 pokemon is not gba pokemon it's way different, also about the crashes, ofc there are still bugs and we are trying to fix them but you probably don't know that it is very hard to identify the crash problem in a 7 KB map 2 kB mostly of triggers, if it would be easy we would already have fixed it. Aradar will try his best to identify the mistakes.

Level 4
Wut!!!!!!!
You obviously mean MB 7mb/2mb(triggers).
and of course im not blind or totally uninformed.I can wait a lot.My only fear is that you may give up and this is what i want to avoid by showing pressure or smth.
You anyway have as well a private life, so it's not easy these stuff to be fixed from one moment to another.Just do it.No matter WHEN! and add some ;) stuff.

E
D
I
T
:Guess what.I played single player and I DID NOT CRASH.Till pikachu(wild) i was fighitng tried to cast me triggered spell.Then BOOM.Error.I can't even play single player...:d
Im not complaining though.These notes ( well im sad :( a bit) may help you to understand the possible problem that causing crashes...

Last edited:
Level 2
so my problem with fatal errors is just : pokemon use tackle .. the chance is relative low but it crash so often..

other problem: the bug with the arena still exist. yesterday i got to vulcano island.. so i got boat and etc.. in the arena battle when timer was down the bot was also in the arena. the tourment should end when all players are defeated.. but this doesnt happen. my suggest :
make another menu at start of game like tourment yes no? time 20 40 60 100? boy girl?

i also was a way confused when i finaly found mewtwo and summoned it.. it was uncaptureable.. i mean i could not damage it and so throw no master ball.

Level 12
so my problem with fatal errors is just : pokemon use tackle .. the chance is relative low but it crash so often..

other problem: the bug with the arena still exist. yesterday i got to vulcano island.. so i got boat and etc.. in the arena battle when timer was down the bot was also in the arena. the tourment should end when all players are defeated.. but this doesnt happen. my suggest :
make another menu at start of game like tourment yes no? time 20 40 60 100? boy girl?

i also was a way confused when i finaly found mewtwo and summoned it.. it was uncaptureable.. i mean i could not damage it and so throw no master ball.

Hmm will look into it but it's weird...

Level 4

i also was a way confused when i finaly found mewtwo and summoned it.. it was uncaptureable.. i mean i could not damage it and so throw no master ball.[/QUOTE]

LEGIT!
But this is how it should be.
IT'S MEWTWO.
Or ditto transformed to mewtwo? D:
Though i feel sad :/ Y U REACHED MEWTWO.While most of us crashed after 10 minits of gameplay.
What trickery is this ? C:

Level 2

LEGIT!
But this is how it should be.
IT'S MEWTWO.
Or ditto transformed to mewtwo? D:
Though i feel sad :/ Y U REACHED MEWTWO.While most of us crashed after 10 minits of gameplay.
What trickery is this ? C:

i played singleplayer. i saved realy often. and mewtwo would be my second legandary :D i got also the thundertbrid (german: zapdos [i forget english name sorry]) but well if i count dragonite as legendary i got 2 :D

Level 4
i played singleplayer. i saved realy often. and mewtwo would be my second legandary :D i got also the thundertbrid (german: zapdos [i forget english name sorry]) but well if i count dragonite as legendary i got 2 :D
xD lol.
Dragonite indeed.Is awesome pokemon , mostly for being created only a few months ago and is very .... fresh and good made.Same exist for it's fellow evolutions.
Saves huh? ......
In that case i would learn everything at all.When crash would get fixed , i would have all requiered knowledge ( and magic would be lost) and know exactly my moves per game.But playing like it is for first time, will result also for me to get defeated by someone.I'm not masochist of course.It is just , that is better to learn secrets and explore game when u are with ur friends -mostly-.
P.s. Zapdos is not a german name.None of names you see at pokemon is german.It is publicly ( from chinese creators of anime ( pokemon) )named as you see them in game.Thunder bird is zapdos for everyone.

REPORTS!!!!!!!!

EDIT: ..........................Catched in single player with master ball , kadabra.Spawned.Nothing appeared. = =Like i never cought it.
Pffff.Also magikarp does not evolve as gyarados in v15 version, as i checked.

EDIT: = =
untifasasfasgvzaxvxzf23.png

However.

Last 2 edits will remain there even if in second try ( i did rmk) succed to catch both, because this problem might appear in future and some other ppl report it.
How ever. :p
If a pokemon evolve and hold item, this item will disapear.Of course if u realize it in time and click esc before he evolve, you will never be able make it evolve again.( Personally i lost about 132 candies D: for evolving kadabra to alakazam).
Thus i suggest for puting in F9 information and make standar ( except pokemon that need stone) the levels at which pokemon will evolve.
Standars for pokemon evolution is recommended so it will be avoided time waste to explain for each pokemon at which level will evolve.

Some terain fixes is in need.
ALSO

Ok...This happening some times and in NO restricted areas.A thing that save you a lot of time of walking.
However to specific point , it making the gym unnecessary since you can pass in are 25-40 from the open passage between trees.
So the specific one that is shown to picture should be fixed.

Last edited:
Level 2
also a bug i forgot : charmander evole on lvl 16. but if you have a lvl 15 and it get 2 lvls you get a lvl 16 and a lvl 17 stage 2. the lvl 16 is invisible like a variable from type void. also happens with every other pokemon.

Level 4
also a bug i forgot : charmander evole on lvl 16. but if you have a lvl 15 and it get 2 lvls you get a lvl 16 and a lvl 17 stage 2. the lvl 16 is invisible like a variable from type void. also happens with every other pokemon.

I don't understand this.Could you bring some screen shots cause it never happaned to me.I really do not understand though what u mean.After i reach level 16 i evolve with squirtle and nothing happens.Also pokemon is not all same and not all evolve at 16 ( stage1 ) ( if this is ur meaning >>>>) When i get then level 17 i don't go stage 2.Only at 36 i get a blastoise.
P.s. Where do you play ( format/realm) so i come :D

Holy fuck Report:
The thing that -you catch a pokemon and when u try to spawn it disapear like you never cought it ( like it is a empty ball)- happaned again with eevee = =

EDIT:Also!
Eh....Would take that much space to replace it with real model? :D
scizor.jpg
Lowpolyworkshop.com

Level 4
Okay I found the reason for the pokeball bug - dont use the health + items, they will create extra pokeballs in the current version (0.15)

Please i report every single thing i detect.Spend some time to read.( if u want).( unless u already do but u wait the right time to answer or smth :D)
Also...I said that empty pokeballs spawning when my pokemon evolve ( some times - rare).
Also this "dont use the health + items....." I don't really get it.But im sure that u will fix it soon or late so i don't worry about it.( Anyway u just ingore the balls or simply pick and sell :D).

Level 5
Please i report every single thing i detect.Spend some time to read.( if u want).( unless u already do but u wait the right time to answer or smth :D)
Also...I said that empty pokeballs spawning when my pokemon evolve ( some times - rare).
Also this "dont use the health + items....." I don't really get it.But im sure that u will fix it soon or late so i don't worry about it.( Anyway u just ingore the balls or simply pick and sell :D).
I've just fixed that bug mind you - I had an idea and I got it.
If you increase the stats of your hero through stuff that is not leveling the bug will occur(hwoever strength and maxhealth only)

Level 4
I've just fixed that bug mind you - I had an idea and I got it.
If you increase the stats of your hero through stuff that is not leveling the bug will occur(hwoever strength and maxhealth only)

So you saying that if i use healing potions or protein( str stat upgrade , item) will result many empty balls to spawn.Hmmm.I never did such a thing and after it , balls to spawn.But ok.If you think that this is the reason empty balls were spawning , then we will see in new versions :p ( Though i believe you that u fixed).

Last edited:
Level 4
Lol guys :D
It's good to see that there is more ppl than me and my friends , who like this map, but i think that it would be more good if u were pming creators (aradar , Night) cause this map have reached and is going even in 3rd page of hiveworkshop.com/maps and i don't think that they visit it anymore.
But from time to time i see them online so private messages would might work.
Also they have a private life like most of us and thus we shouldn't hope for the fix ( and further more the release of new version) in any time soon.
As long as they do not give up to project though, should give us hope and make us more patient.
From the very last information i have though i can only tell you that they do ( when ever they can ) work on project and getting rid of anything that crashing/bugging game.My fears just grow over since our last talk was some days ago ( 5-6 ) but im sure that they work on map.

Level 4
Hey ebasoufeliz or nandoGX if u have garena add me.
Alvares532.
We play together this map.If u have bnet tell me ur names and the realm and i find you.
Also crashes and bugs is all up to 2 persons only to get done.We obviously need to show a lot of patience.Also with saves and some tricks , some times i succed to play mutliplayer v0.15 version.I explain when we meet :p

Level 4
If u were reading the whole thread from it's first page you would knew.
It's a very good project that is started by none professionals.More like fan of the pokemon i'd say.But they still trying to do their best and im sure that they will succed.Triggers never can be done with first shot without at least 1 bug.If you or any of you ( even proffesional) attempt a complex of triggers and succed with his first try ( unless he repeat a trigger that did 999 times already) come here and post it with proofs.

Level 1
Hey, well me and my friends gave this map a try.
Awesome pokemon map I have to say. Great work :)

We kept crashing, but we hosted and played a few more times. We noticed that using the skill "tackle" caused the map to crash a lot faster - almost within 2-3 minutes into the game.

So we stopped using tackle and we managed to play through all smoothly, for almost 20 minutes, before it crashed again. We thought that maybe a wild pokemon used "tackle" and caused it to crash? Well we wasn't sure. All we know that is when we don't use "tackle", we can play for a lot longer.

Everything else was fine, just a few bugs/description errors here and there.

Hope this helps :) Great map, keep it up.

Level 4
Be patient.
They have a lot of responsibilities in their none-virtual life. ( As all of us actually.)
As i'm told they are going to fix the crashes as soon as they detect the main reason that game is crashing.
Untill then ( don't expect any time soon - more like 1 or 2 months ( at least till winter-school exams finish)) you could add me at garena.
My name is Alvares532
If you don't have garena , i can come over bnet, just tell me your name so i add you in friendlist.
We will try together to play this map ;)

Their last activities.
Aradar: 02-08-2013 12:49 AM
NightBrowler: 02-08-2013 07:17 PM
Four days ,it's not THAT long.We just should be more patient.Meanwhile ( if you don't want to play with me :D) you should try other wc3 pokemon maps.
All of them ,( since i tried all of them :p) are actually considered as "good" ( but they aren't D: ) maps.How ever these maps will not keep you busy for over a month ( i'm saying really long), but obviously real life is on priority , thus we should wait for the best pokemon map to be done from these creators , as...long as it takes.:p

Last edited:
Level 3
I am sorry if i came out as a bit too impatient, but i just wanted to post what i found wrong so they could log it as a problem so they could fix it later :).

I do enjoy the map and i do recognize that there was a lot of hard work put into it, I just want to give my feedback on some problems. Thanks!~

Level 4
You're welcome, it is just enough for them ,(i think) if u just leave some feeback.
To report bugs that they already known.....Dunno.U just loose your time :D ( If u could check previous posts , you could see that these bugs and much more have been already mentioned).
Also....Check your pm.

Last edited:
Level 2
i was in the ghost tower in the 4th city , the sound for pokemon appearing activated and i got a fatal error.

played PokemonLegacyV0.15

EDIT: during fishing i got a fatal error aswell = o

Last edited:
Level 2
Hey I love your Game....

Confirmed.... Tackle will crashed the game.

Sometimes the Poke-ball, with pokemon it. when stored and retrieve are lost, just sometimes.....

Level 5
Dont worry I've remade the systems - It's kinda funny the tackle crash, it should not be able to crash the game, but as appears to be some sort of random crash due to spells somehow interfering with each other.
Progress 80% bugfixes
spells 20%
New terrain 0%

Level 2
Hey thanks for the reply,
I've downloaded PokemonLegacyV0.16.w3x and i was playing it right now while im typing and so far no crash is happening,,, I'm abusing the tackle skill to test if it will crash...

I'll let you know if something came up.

Thanks again

Have you made this new map... cause you never mentioned updating it... just asking, no offense meant.... thanks again

Hmmmp. It crashes again.... hope to hear from you guys!

Last edited:
Level 1
Hi, i love this map. It's really fun to play!
About Pokemon Legacy v0.16, it's not official map, i don't know where it from, but i saw it and did download this version of map some weeks ago. So... now there is no new map from the creators, need to wait some time. Just interesting, how long it will take, for creators of this map, to rebuild all this systems.

Last edited:
Level 1
I know it, but there is no new version right now. xD
I just said it more officially.
Can you tell us how long it will take for making all this new systems and bug fixes?

Level 12
I know it, but there is no new version right now. xD
I just said it more officially.
Can you tell us how long it will take for making all this new systems and bug fixes?

we don't know either, since we don't know what causes the crash since all triggers are fine. I will be busy with school for the next 3-4 month, and it's very important because i have maturation exams.

Level 3
The crashes dont necessarily have to be from triggers, people are so hyped up on this game they're getting tunnel vision. The issue could honestly be anything.
i know sometimes ive made a map for myself that has crash issues from items.
the items, even though iam able to save and make them in the worldeditor it would cause an error.

My Noob idea:

I think you should check the string ids on your spells i think it might be the problem. Maybe you have a spell and a trigger, where a trigger is calling for a spell but the spell shares an id with another spell and it crashes?

Level 5
The crashes dont necessarily have to be from triggers, people are so hyped up on this game they're getting tunnel vision. The issue could honestly be anything.
i know sometimes ive made a map for myself that has crash issues from items.
the items, even though iam able to save and make them in the worldeditor it would cause an error.

My Noob idea:

I think you should check the string ids on your spells i think it might be the problem. Maybe you have a spell and a trigger, where a trigger is calling for a spell but the spell shares an id with another spell and it crashes?
Might actually look at that thanks man.

Level 1
pls try to fix the crash .. ur map is so good , it remind me of my GBA .. but i can't play it *sob* . anw i see the v.016 on the net and it does fixed the crash prob but get another prob as u cannot chalenge Gym .

Level 5
V0.16 is not an OFFICAL release - I'm unsure if it is our version as I have sent some stuff allready to Nightbrowler.
I3dPKae.jpg

hehehehehe

Seeing as I am the person working the most on this project ATM - If you have something to say you can keep in contact with me on skype - add baaabuuu.. yes there are 2 dots at the end.