• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pokemon Battle v1.4

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: FeelMyRash and Royy
This map is based off other pokemon arena games. It is made with custom models and you can get your pokemon up to level 100 just like the real pokemon games.

Update 1: gave final/only evolutions custom abilities, fixed leaver problem, added an item, fixed leveling problem.

Update 2: added more icons, added dialog to quest menu, replaced latias with mewtwo, changed pokemon center, added dojo, added mart.

Keywords:
pokemon, battle, arena, pikachu, thevanquisher
Contents

Pokemon Battle v1.4 (Map)

Reviews
05:39, 30th Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 3
Now, i am new at this, and i only started playing it, but it overall sounds/looks great.

A few models i find funny looking like the Zubat-Crobat, Blastoise's mouth bulges when he moves his head, and his cannons a way to big for him, and isn't entei supposed to have a cloud on his back to?

But besides all this, I honestly like it, 4/5. =]

Level 4
Oh, wow, dude. You may wanna give credit to the original maker of Pokemon arena, but really awesome. Add credits to the skinners (Unless you made em).

But, still i remember still from wcIII first came around, one of my favorites can't wait to play.

1st bug: When someone leaves it spams "name left the game" forever.

Next, please, please, please. Do some actually abilities, they don't have to be great, but cmon all magickarp had was evasion. Try putting in the traditional moves. That would highly up the map quality.

Also, put it more realistic items, tomes, it Pokemon? what're you thinking?

Creeps do not level you past level 5, please fix this in the game play constants, it makes it so only tomes can get you up.

Please, don't leave such a great map idea in such bad quality.

More Later 2 out of 5

Level 3
yeah it seems basically the same as the older ones except this one has kick ass models. REALLY needs some custom skills and a terrain change to not just be a clone.

Level 4
Very nice update, fixed my major problems, thanks. Now, a few other things:

1. Items are complete OP if you get any collection of gold you can really make your guy strong through stats. If you've ever playedt he pokemon games you'd know rarae candys/proteins/ect. are expensive and rare. Maybe up the price some? And make it so theres only one of proteins/ect. and up the cooldown time on them to match rare candy

2. Salamace is a flying Pokemon, but you have him flying on the ground, kinda bad looking... Go into object editor and up his flying hight under the movement section.

3. Instead of having Over powered towers protecting the the teleport region, add a condition like this:
  • Movement
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Name Region <gen>
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
          • (Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
          • (Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Player 3 (Teal)
          • (Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Player 4 (Purple)
          • (Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)
          • (Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Player 6 (Orange)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move (Entering unit) instantly to (Center of Pokemon Center <gen>)
Less tacky, you know?

4. Some terraforming (terrain transforming) would really add to the game. You know, like in the TV show have the different types of terrains help different pokemons. (You could create multiple copies of the arena in-game and focus it on one at a time, then move them over using coordinates)

5. You should really do more with the revive room, model it after a pokemon center! Look at some pictures from the show and model it after it. And instead of having lava and water to walk out to the pokemon arena you could have a pokemon center model (It exists, i can show you the game).

6. Actual pokemon creeps, using the warcraft creeps kinda makes the game look tacky.

7. Creeps that scale to the pokemons level (make the editor take the average of all levels and start spawning creeps for the average level, if you don't know how i can show you). Having 100 levels, but not creeps all the way up there kinda sucks (doesn't have to go all the way 100, but maybe 60 even the gb version went that far)

8. Armor according to the pokemon's elemnt type. Like pichachu's attack type being electric and defense type electric. You can make it do double to water and bird, and have it take extra from ground and whatever else. (Can be done in game-play constants)

Nice map, but keep improving.

9. Oh! Forgot this one: keeping added stats through evolutions. You'd do that by making a variable for each player and for each stat (Integer). Every time they get a level add one to the variable and when someone evolves add the amount of stats according to the variable.

Last edited:
Level 3
In truth, i agree with Royy, also maybe make it a bit more like the game? For instance, if at all possible what about makeing it not lvl at 10, but instead the pokemon's lvl set in the poke games. And, when they lvl have them stay the same level and go higher to next evo.
Also maybe a better comp AI, the comp only walks to center and gets destroyed on way, by me or creep.

but still, idea = 5/5
the game = 4/5
almost there =]

Level 4
By the way, play this online, if you can. There's multiple imbalenceses (like blazikin) and broken spells (It'd be better to test it in game yourself multiple times). Clearly state the final battle deciding the end of the game too.

Some events maybe (like the unknowns, n' stuff based on the movies). To spice it up

Level 4
do you know another way to get it because the map is protected and nothing appears in the editor. and also i would need help finding the average of all the heroes.

Open it with an MPQ editor and extract it, i guess. Give proper credit though.

Level 4
okay but i still need to know how to get the average of hero levels so i can create creeps at that level.

OH, my bad i thought you meant average as in balancing. Here it is:

• Get Average
  • Events
    • Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set Average = 0
    • Set Temp_Group = (Units owned by Player 1 (Red) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Player 1 (Red) slot status) Equal to Is playing
      • Then - Actions
        • Set Average = (Average + (Hero level of (Picked unit)))
      • Else - Actions
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Temp_Group)
    • Set Temp_Group = (Units owned by Player 2 (Blue) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
      • If - Conditions
        • (Player 2 (Blue) slot status) Equal to Is playing
      • Then - Actions
      • Else - Actions
    • Set Temp_Group = (Units owned by Player 3 (Teal) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
      • If - Conditions
        • (Player 3 (Teal) slot status) Equal to Is playing
      • Then - Actions
      • Else - Actions
    • Set Temp_Group = (Units owned by Player 4 (Purple) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
      • If - Conditions
        • (Player 4 (Purple) slot status) Equal to Is playing
      • Then - Actions
      • Else - Actions
    • Set Temp_Group = (Units owned by Player 5 (Yellow) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
      • If - Conditions
        • (Player 5 (Yellow) slot status) Equal to Is playing
      • Then - Actions
      • Else - Actions
    • Set Temp_Group = (Units owned by Player 6 (Orange) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
      • If - Conditions
        • (Player 6 (Orange) slot status) Equal to Is playing
      • Then - Actions
      • Else - Actions
    • Set Temp_Group = (Units owned by Player 7 (Green) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
      • If - Conditions
        • (Player 7 (Green) slot status) Equal to Is playing
      • Then - Actions
      • Else - Actions
    • Set Temp_Group = (Units owned by Player 8 (Pink) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
      • If - Conditions
        • (Player 8 (Pink) slot status) Equal to Is playing
      • Then - Actions
      • Else - Actions
    • Set Temp_Group = (Units owned by Player 9 (Gray) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
      • If - Conditions
        • (Player 9 (Gray) slot status) Equal to Is playing
      • Then - Actions
      • Else - Actions
    • Set Temp_Group = (Units owned by Player 10 (Light Blue) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
      • If - Conditions
        • (Player 10 (Light Blue) slot status) Equal to Is playing
      • Then - Actions
      • Else - Actions
    • Set Temp_Group = (Units owned by Player 11 (Dark Green) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
      • If - Conditions
        • (Player 11 (Dark Green) slot status) Equal to Is playing
      • Then - Actions
      • Else - Actions
    • Set Temp_Group = (Units owned by Player 12 (Brown) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
      • If - Conditions
        • (Player 12 (Brown) slot status) Equal to Is playing
      • Then - Actions
      • Else - Actions
    • Set Average = (Average / (Number of players in (All players controlled by a User player)))
That should work, but it's size can be reduced if you use a loop (i didn't feel like it this time). This requires two Variables Temp_Group (Unit group) and Average (Integer).

Level 4
thanks royy your name is in credits too btw =) and professor i plan to make terrain changes throughout the game and have bonuses to the type of pokemon according to the terrain.

No Problem.

Can you re upload the map? I think it got corrupted or something while you protected it because i can't play it. (off epic war or here) It's telling me the map can't be found (even though i'm selecting it) when i try to host it.

Level 3
mhh every time i try to host this in b .n et i get the message : Game not found.
can some1 explain this to meeh?

Level 4
mhh every time i try to host this in b .n et i get the message : Game not found.
can some1 explain this to meeh?

It's a map bug, it's not your wc3. I'm still waiting for him to fix it.

Level 2
I'd really like to try this but the map bug wont let me host it on b.net or play on single player, I just keep getting "Game not found" like the other guys.

Level 1
Hi!Just dropped in to say you did a really good map:fp: :thumbs_up:
This is the best pokemon map I saw until now,better even than the games on GBA,but as everyone else here I can't play the last version.Hope you will fix it soon,and maybe someone who still has the last will post it somewhere so we still have what to play:grin:

Level 3
Royy and Vanquisher, Pokemon Legends is an abandoned project that the patch has broken... You see, the last version he made was made before patch 1.24b, so it is unplayable, and if you deprotect it, all the triggers are erased.