• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[ Catch'n'Freeze v1.4 ]

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Short Description:
Frosty will be randomly selected as soon as game starts.

If you are the Frosty you will have to freeze all the tuskarrs.

If you are a Tuskarr you need to run from frosty and save your friends.

Basic learnings:
Frosty will be randomly selected as soon as game starts. If you are the Frosty you will have to freeze all the tuskarrs. To freeze, just get near of any tuskarr. If you are a Tuskarr you need to run from frosty and save your friends. Save your friends by getting near of them.
Winning:
Tuskarr has 3 health points, if he freezes will suffer 1 damage, but when gets unfrozen frosty suffers 1 damage,
by the way if a Tuskarr dies, Frosty will be healed by 5 health points.

First map that I post here, and finished it right now, if you have something to say about him, I will be glad to read.

Models:
Frosty the Snowman by Thrikodius
WinterAura by DonDustin

Keywords:
catch and freeze ice snow snowman winter d0x map nice fun
Contents

[ Catch'n'Freeze v1.4 ] (Map)

Reviews
13:38, 25th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2: The map is way to simple. It has bad terrain aswell, No quest log is present. Use Epicwar to dump your low quality maps, Rejected. As I said this won't get accepted here so please stop updating it. Use...

M

13:38, 25th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2:
The map is way to simple. It has bad terrain aswell, No quest log is present. Use Epicwar to dump your low quality maps, Rejected.

As I said this won't get accepted here so please stop updating it. Use Epicwar instead.

d0x

d0x

Level 2
sure it's simple,
it's a funny map
if you are tired or something you call some friends and play
not supposed to be an extraordinary map

LoL can't you see this?
people said me that here you support new mapmakers, but I guess not
as the first time I'm here and such a retard said that before even thought about the main objective of the map.

and if you didnt like it make a construtive critic or leave it for another one who can do this.

Level 31
sure it's simple,

There is something we call it as simple, but that are also something that we call it as too simple. In this case, it was way too simple.

it's a funny map

It might be funny to you or your friend, but it might not be funny for the other. I had once create a map that are deem to be funny by some community member at hive, but community at wc3c does not get the joke. The term of funny could also be varied in several aspect as well.

if you are tired or something you call some friends and play

Do you know how many verbal abuse I receive from hosting your map twice? Once at full house and 2nd time with about 5 other player.

Just read the review I written at bottom of this post.

not supposed to be an extraordinary map

Yes, it does not need to be extraordinary. But at least make it decent, not unacceptable.

people said me that here you support new mapmakers, but I guess not

Yes, we welcome new mapmakers but map section are not the section to dump a map that are not properly polish.

If you read the rules submission, you would notice we have such a statement.

Are of an extremely poor quality (Maps deemed to be so by the Maps Moderation team will be removed),

Without a quest log to describe what is this map all about, do you know how many people would quit the game if they cannot figure out how to play it?

Also, if you are new to WE. You should have read tutorial and use our forum. Our forum have map development section for alpha stage map. This section is reserve for beta stage map.

and if you didnt like it make a construtive critic or leave it for another one who can do this.

The staff have no time to give 100% detail of what need to be improve, it was your responsibility of yourself to improve and polish it before you upload it.

It is also the staff responsibility to ensure a poor quality work be rejected. That is what the staff are here for; to reject a bad submission that are submit without following guidelines or lack of proper polishing.

Do you know how many terrible submission we have here in a day for a mod to check it out? Do you know how many submission are not properly polish such as lack of detail ingame, lack of crediting, inproper hotkey, bad coding and so on.

as the first time I'm here and such a retard said that before even thought about the main objective of the map.

It is not the main objective of the map, it was the quality of the map. Main objective of the map have nothing to do with the map quality.

Here is the review of it after I test it once at single player and twice at multiplayer/lan.

1) Description - The description is fine, but a screenshot would not hurt at all. From what I seen, it seems to be another tag game.

However, you really need to add a quest log for the game description and certainly not at the loading screen. User sometimes might not be able to read all of it before the loading is complete, or they could be away during the loading time.
2) Terrain - For tag game, this map terrain was certainly ugly. It lack of tiles variation and destructible/doodad usage. From what I seen, it look like you only use 1 type of tree and 1 arthas rocking model.
3) File Size - 755kb for a music that last about 10 seconds only? The game are also too simple as well with 1 game mode, this make the file size huge and unreasonable. Do you know how hard it was for me to host this map 2nd time with at least 5 player on it?
4) Crediting - You might have give credit to the user at hive description, but you certainly did not credit them inside the map.
5) Replayability - Extremely low, it does not have any ability. Being a tuskarr or frosty was way too boring, it just run and chase. Repetitive method with nothing interesting at all. If get hit, it would be frozen for a very long time without any acknowledge of how long it last.
6) Bug/Error - Once my Tuskarr get frozen, it did not thaw even after a minutes have pass. Many user quit because of that, they complain and say this was a bug and then quit. That is what happen when your map does not properly polish with necessary information at quest log.

2 game hosted and all last about 1 minutes 30 seconds and some user who join the game said "Waste of time", "Bullshit", "Get a fucking life and stop hosting shitty map" and bla bla bla before they leave the game. This is not my comment, but the comment I receive from user who join my game.

You really owe me since I get verbal abuse from hosting your map. =.=

Also, the ending cinematic turn on thrice (3 times) from what I tested at single player.

I have to agree with bounty about it, the replayability was simply too low and lack a lot of proper polish. I suggest you to view my tutorial and hvo-buster tutorial on how to polish a map before you release your work.

For now, it was 1/5 (Unacceptable) due to the lack of detail at quest log, low replayability, lack of proper crediting ingame and bug.

Last edited: