• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dalera V1.4

Dalera

Another Altered Melee! =p
Please Download, rate and comment!

Dalera is a High Elven Stronghold, it was intended to stop any intruders harming the occupatins! However, The High Elves were not warned of the Scourge Invasion, hence not being able to escape to it! Nowdays Bandits and Rogue Wizards hold the Stronghold. It is also the safest route to Quel'thalas from Lorderon!

185128-albums2882-picture24098.bmp

• 9 x Gold Mines (including Player ones)
  • 2 x Mercenary Camp
  • 2 x Goblin Merchant
  • 2 x Hero Tavern

185128-albums2882-picture24099.bmp

185128-albums2882-picture24100.bmp

185128-albums2882-picture24101.bmp

185128-albums2882-picture23955.bmp

• V1 - first release
  • V1.1 - altered terrain, removed spammy lamps, added Nerubian Champion Hero ,changed loot drop
  • V1.2 - added Gnome Warlock Hero, fixed Hero problem and changed Critter drop to pointless junk!
  • V1.3 - added Worgen Hero, removed Tavern creeps.
  • V1.4 - increased base size, changed Gnome Warlock abilities, altered terrain, removed critter drops.

Nerubian Champion - can learn Blink, Icy Bretheren, Battle Armour and Struck by lightning
Gnome Warlock - can learn Rain of Fire, Immolation, Short Arse and Inferno
Worgen - can learn Claws, Howl of the Cursed, Full Moon and Infect
One more coming soon(hopefully soon)

Callahan for Nerubian Warrior model
Nasrudin for Gnome Warlock model
Kael Theron for Hero Arch Necromancer icon
inico for Curse of worgen model
Dan van Ohllus for Dire Balvarine model
General Frank for Arctic Werewolf - Sammy da Frost model
Skizzik for Green Pentagram Aura model
Paladon for Moonlight icon
Iyzz_Fryzz for Howl icon

Keywords:
Dalera, High, Elf, Stronghold, Bandit, Chompski, Professor Lupin, Harry Potter, Gnome, Mr.Voodoo, Daily Peon, Worgen.
Contents

Dalera V1.4 (Map)

Reviews
18:46, 12th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 4
Nice terrain, but I'm afraid that says it all.

This map is far from finished.

What were you thinking, making only ONE opening to get from the east to the west side of the map?
Even worse, it's a choke point tighter than a bottleneck, and players have to fight their way through multiple creep camps to get through!
Make more (and bigger) openings in the center wall, so players have more freedom.

Have the taverns and mercenary camps switch places. This map is obviously designed for a 2 vs 2 match, so you need only 1 tavern per pair of players. Put those where the mercenary camps are now, between the players and easily accessible. It also makes no sense guarding a tavern with creeps, remove them.

The item drops are also Bad to the bone. West team has an unfair advantage because ALL of their creep camps give an item drop, while 4 camps on the east side of the wall do not have item drops. What the hell, dude?

And critters having a chance of dropping a lvl 8 permanent is pure evil. Never ever do that again!!!

My vote for this map is a 2/5 And I suggest this map remains pending until it is updated.

Level 7
Nice terrain, atrough those lanterns in last picture are too spammy. Oh, and since its already altered melee, you could add something few to it too! Like you could add new heroes or new items or units...

Nice terrain, but I'm afraid that says it all.

This map is far from finished.

What were you thinking, making only ONE opening to get from the east to the west side of the map?
Even worse, it's a choke point tighter than a bottleneck, and players have to fight their way through multiple creep camps to get through!
Make more (and bigger) openings in the center wall, so players have more freedom.

Have the taverns and mercenary camps switch places. This map is obviously designed for a 2 vs 2 match, so you need only 1 tavern per pair of players. Put those where the mercenary camps are now, between the players and easily accessible. It also makes no sense guarding a tavern with creeps, remove them.

The item drops are also Bad to the bone. West team has an unfair advantage because ALL of their creep camps give an item drop, while 4 camps on the east side of the wall do not have item drops. What the hell, dude?

And critters having a chance of dropping a lvl 8 permanent is pure evil. Never ever do that again!!!

My vote for this map is a 2/5 And I suggest this map remains pending until it is updated.

Firstly thnx for downloading and commenting!
Tleno: i will get rid of some of those lamps, and also i will make some new Heroes to go in the tavern!

Epix_Loot: I see your point about the one opening, so I will make some more on either side, and i will remove the creeps that are blocking the way,I'll put them to the side or something!

I will swap the taverns with mercenary camps (didn't think about that) The problem with drops, the east side camps all do drop Items, I tested it and they dropped, i'm not sure why they wouldn't have dropped items but i'll check it again! Also the chance to drop lvl 8 was a rather Evil, so instead i might make it so the critters have a chance to drop a joke Item!

I'll get updating right away!=)

Edit: oh i see the four camps that you mean, i don't know how i missed them!

Last edited:
Level 4
That's way better, mate.

I still frown upon critters droping expensive items that can be sold for quite some gold, which gives an advantage for free, but at least the map is a lot more balanced now.

My new score for this map is 4/5 and I vote for approval

Level 14
Hey SLA! The other day I played this map with another 3 friends as 2v2 and this is the info I could get about the map:

The Base size is fine since when you cut trees the base's size increase, Sadly you know more than anybody that I'm a Night Elf so I don't cut trees :/

My base was so small that I get trapped inside and if I wanted to go to the North (I was in the left down part) I had to pass through the east and then move up to the north passing through the trees.

Well that's the only problem for the base size and the neutral hostiles are fine too, though some of them doens't seem to drop any item which is weird since all neutral hostiles drops at least one item per camp.

So this is what I could get about the map, I hope it would be useful for you to fix it.

Offtopic: When my friend hired the Worgen Hero and saw it he said "He looks like a Digimon!" xD

Last edited:
Level 7
For human, I would have to add a Trolmanian Citizen.

They would be a suicide unit. They run into the middle of battle and blow up because that is what Trolman Teaches them to do!

But hmmm,

A boat which is Tleno's flying ship thing.
Would call it TlenoTech Air Crusier

Level 22
Information:

As a Reviewer of the Map Reviewers Group, I joined the THW Cleaning Event.
I
end up writing a fast review, or just posting the end state of the map, rating is not always included!

Current State for this map: Approved

I will contact the moderator to Approve/Reject the map, depending on what you recieved.