• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Poison Trap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Doesnt xecollider call GroupEnum every .025 or .03 sec?

It might be better to use that unit comes in range event thingy.

If you dont like destroying triggers you can also recycle those trap units.

Level 8
Dont know how much you can modify that what units trigger goblin landmine, but if it works for you, you should use it.

And I can have dozens of those things flying around in my map at the same time without any problems

Naturally, but its still waste. One can make a map with laggless projectiles with GUI too, but thats still not the best way.

edit.
Actually, GroupEnum periodicly might be better way afterall, Im not sure. Its been long since I used that unit comes in range event thingy, and if I remember correctly it had some delay when triggering. I cant test this stuff now, because Im on vacation, so Dinodin I suggest you to try both ways and see which one works better.

Level 6
I have the exact spell but with entangle, so i could send it if you like. Easy as shit, just that i thought it didn't work until i realised that i had turned the trigger off....

Level 2
Originally Posted by Super-Sheep
Use goblin land mine.

Unit dies, if dying unit is land mine, then pick all units in 300 range of dying unit matching is enemy and alive and use dummy unit to apply poisons.

Best and simpliest idea, xD

Level 6
The map, i place a dummy unit and the trigger inside of it. I suggest you try figuring the rest out ofr your self. So you learn something from this^^

Attachments

• Goblin mine spell.w3x
    16.6 KB · Views: 90
Level 20
This is from one of my old maps. You can replace the Net Trap ability with a different ability for the effect you want, in this case its poison. So you can give the dummy unit 0-0 dmg and a poison attack and order it to attack the picked unit or use Shadow Strike or any similiar effect.

• Net Trap
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Net Trap
    • Actions
      • Set Point1 = (Position of (Dying unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Dying unit)) at Point1 facing 0.00 degrees
      • Set Dummy = (Last created unit)
      • -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- --------
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to Dummy
      • -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- --------
      • Set UnitGroup1 = (Units within 200.00 of Point1 matching ((((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Dying unit))) Equal to True) and (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Mountain King) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True))))
      • Set UnitGroup2 = (Random 1 units from UnitGroup1)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitGroup2 and do (Unit - Order Dummy to Orc Raider - Ensnare (Picked unit))
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point1)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_UnitGroup1)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_UnitGroup2)
EDIT
Dont use OR in the conditions and UnitGroup2 is unnecessary it will just make your trap to work on one unit only.

Level 14
This is from one of my old maps. You can replace the Net Trap ability with a different ability for the effect you want, in this case its poison. So you can give the dummy unit 0-0 dmg and a poison attack and order it to attack the picked unit or use Shadow Strike or any similiar effect.

• Net Trap
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Net Trap
    • Actions
      • Set Point1 = (Position of (Dying unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Dying unit)) at Point1 facing 0.00 degrees
      • Set Dummy = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to Dummy
      • Set UnitGroup1 = (Units within 200.00 of Point1 matching ((((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Dying unit))) Equal to True) and (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Mountain King) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True))))
      • Set UnitGroup2 = (Random 1 units from UnitGroup1)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitGroup2 and do (Unit - Order Dummy to Orc Raider - Ensnare (Picked unit))
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point1)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_UnitGroup1)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_UnitGroup2)
EDIT
Dont use OR in the conditions and UnitGroup2 is unnecessary it will just make your trap to work on one unit only.

That doesn't work! No dummy unit is created when it dies...and I don't want them to be trapped in poison like "Net" I want a damage per second effect on them. Is there no simple trigger where you just can cause a poison buff to all enemies within the area of the poison trap when it explodes?

Level 14
Status
Not open for further replies.