• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Please help with loading screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I need help with making an image formatted so it can fit into the loading screen for my new map. i have gone to wc3 editor and the one on this site and i am still having difficultys. if there r any suggestions on what to do plz tell me! if all else fails i will need someone to do for me... ty

Level 9
okay you got your picture.
get Irfanview
open your picture in it and go under image category then go to Resize/Resample in the bottom right click Resize (faster) now in Width and Height put in 512 (both of them ofc) save the file as TGA (Picture will automaticly fit the screen when it loads :xxd:
get wc3 viewer
when you have launched it press CTRL+V find your picture that is saved in tga if it asks for alpha channel say yes. you should probably choose a quality between 50-75 for the sake of size
now download the loadingscreen.mdx i uploaded import both to your map and change the custom path on the picture to FullScreen.blp (case-sensitive i recall)
then go to scenario>loadingscreen choose imported file thingie and take the one there is

Attachments

• LoadingScreen.mdx
    1.3 KB · Views: 65
Level 3
this may be a bit of help to the mystery(for me). i uploaded pic fomr interwebs... editted it in Adobe PhotoShop...
and i need to know how to convert to TGA file format. i got the loadingscreen.mdx thingy. i got the viewer. i need tga file then im done i think.

Level 6
Just go into Photoshop, click save as, and save the image as a .tga
If it gives you the option to use run length encoding, be sure to turn it OFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.