• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[Import] Loading Screen Troubleshooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I need help with getting my loading screen to work. This is frustrating me beyond all hell. I download a .jpg image, Manipulated the image in Gimp, export as the same format. Then I used every single guide on the internet to change it into a Loading Screen for war3.. None of them work. It would be handy if a single guide said what Warcraft's requirements were for the Loading Screen (Alpha texture, etc.) Does editing an image in Gimp change something you need to manually change to make it compatible for war3? Thanks... >.>
:goblin_boom:

Level 13
Haha, only the first one auctually. Still, I was more wondering if there is anything I need to change after I changed the image in Gimp.

Level 13
Well it is a guide for making the 4 image loading screen, so in a broad sense no. However, I read all of it anyways and it said something about not using the LoadingScreen.mdx from Monoliths if you are using a .blp as your loading screen. I am pretty sure I did use that one instead of the one's provided in guides. I am in the process of changing the Loading Screen to an improved version, so I kind of assumed I had the right .mdx. I don't know why I ignored the possibility of that .-. I'll tell you if that fixes it.

I'm not sure if you got it to work.
But for a single picture loading screen you do this:
-Find or cut a picture to 800x600 or 1024x768
-Resize (not cutting) the picture to 512x512
-Use this program: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/blp-lab-v0-5-0-a-137599/ to convert the picture to .BLP.
-Import the picture to your map and change the path to Fullscreen.blp
-Download and import the attached file in this post to your map.
-Lastly. Go to Map Properties -> Loading Screen and choose the last import.

This guide tells it pretty much:
http://www.thehelper.net/threads/how-to-make-a-loading-screen.29652/

Attachments

• LoadingScreen.mdx
    1.3 KB · Views: 60
Level 13
I got it to work, and I think the only reason it didn't work was because of the .mdx I used. I did use BLP Lab to convert it into a blp auctually. I used paint to resize to 512x512 after manipulating the photo. Thanks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.