• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

PLEASE HELP ME FIND A CUSTOM CAMPAIGN I PLAYED BEFORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
only thing i could remember was

there was one chapter

the heroes of the campaign were told a tale in interlude

in interlude the second war was reprised

you play as anduin lothar in third person but the camera could be replaced with original style after typing a command

after you get killed by ogrim doomhammer Turalyon takes place of your character.

there was uther khadgar Daelin proudmoore in their respected bases rushing units to aid you in battle

Disturbed- Perfect insanity was playing on the back

help me please

Level 5
Possible hit: Arthas Campaign - Humans

Disturbed- Perfect insanity is copyrighted though, that's a problem. It will likely be against the rules anywhere legitimate to host a map with such music, so the map you seek will not remain posted for very long.

Found using Google: "w3x|w3m second war|anduin lothar|uther|khadgar|Daelin proudmoore|orgrim doomhammer|Turalyon|Disturbed|Perfect Insanity"

Alternative results:
Warcraft II Remake Ballnet Edition
Beyond the Dark Portal (1p/2p)

From Googling "hiveworkshop second war|anduin lothar|uther|khadgar|Daelin proudmoore|orgrim doomhammer|Turalyon|Disturbed|Perfect Insanity"

Edit: Fixed links formatting

Edit 2: Thanks for all the +rep guys.

Last edited:
Level 2
Possible hit: Arthas Campaign - Humans

Disturbed- Perfect insanity is copyrighted though, that's a problem. It will likely be against the rules anywhere legitimate to host a map with such music, so the map you seek will not remain posted for very long.

Found using Google: "w3x|w3m second war|anduin lothar|uther|khadgar|Daelin proudmoore|orgrim doomhammer|Turalyon|Disturbed|Perfect Insanity"

Alternative results:
Warcraft II Remake Ballnet Edition
Beyond the Dark Portal (1p/2p)

From Googling "hiveworkshop second war|anduin lothar|uther|khadgar|Daelin proudmoore|orgrim doomhammer|Turalyon|Disturbed|Perfect Insanity"

Edit: Fixed links formatting

Edit 2: Thanks for all the +rep guys.

nevermind i finally found it

thanks for the help though

Level 5
He did. The youtube video embedded is titled:
Warcraft 3 - Assault on Blackrock Spire - Anduin Lothar vs Ogrim Doomhamer
So we can assume the map is
Warcraft 3 - Assault on Blackrock Spire

Full disclosure: The email notification did not show the youtube link so I came here with the exact same complaint, initially. But then youtube loaded and I went to watch it instead of replying.

Edit: Remove gigantic SIZE=6 formatting. Thought this was a plain text editor... Also the campaign is not hosted anywhere, as I predicted. Probably because the copyright on the music makes it illegal.

Last edited:
Level 5
I am trawling through the YouTube channel that uploaded this video. It's VERY recent. Like uploaded this year, active this month recent. And they reply to viewer comments! (last comment posted 6 days ago) So we might just need to ask and wait.

The previous two video series he uploaded were both by tomoraider (The first Rise of the Blood Elves episode had the custom campaigns screen open for a few seconds and even Curse of the Forsaken's information was visible for a single frame in it):
[Campaign] - Tomoraider's Campaign Series
(The third campaign is only visible as a title; Exodus of the Horde)

So I went to look for his other work but so far, no success. All similar styles - war3 history, but no music. no voice acting.

I watched the whole video but there's no references to the map maker to be seen anywhere. And the map name is far too generic so we only find lore results, not map results. ("Assault on Blackrock Spire history") Even when specifying w3m|w3n|w3x|"custom map"|"custom campaign" in our search attempts.

Also tried Google's reverse image search with https://i.imgur.com/x0ImNIR.png but nothing. "pc game"
Just the castle: https://i.imgur.com/fYMutva.png nothing again. "painting"

Updates will follow if I find something.

Edit notice: Post expanded with more info.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
The loading screen is familiar. I remember that I might have played this but I can't remember what's it called or where to find it.

EDIT:
Chapter 6 of this campaign: Arathi Campaign
ModelUsage.png

Searched for the model then used the option to see where it was used and then searched for lothar on the thread and found in my review Kurdran and Turalyon and decided to download and check the campaign in the editor and the 6th level is called Assault on Blackrock Spire. Made it visible from the start and yes, it's the same level.

Last edited:
Level 5
Confirmed. +REP for being a Level 10 Internet detective
Sound track import located in map "DHH":
C:\Users\Daniel3ICE\Downloads\The Arathi.w3n\DHH.w3x\war3mapImported\Disturbed - Perfect Insanity.mp3

Editing to add Map Author: Watchman

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.