1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Arathi Campaign

Submitted by Disasterpiece512
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
The Arathi were the most powerful tribe of humans. Under the rule of King Thoradin they united the rest of the human tribes and created the great kingdom of Arathor. Years later, Arathor divided into the seven human kingdoms: Lordaeron, Stormwind, Stromgarde, Gilneas, Kul Tiras, Alterac and Dalaran. They say the Lion of Stormwind, Anduin Lothar was the last decendant of King Thoradin. But they are wrong. For when Thoradin started unifying the human tribes, a few Arathi stayed behind. A few years later, they were joined by high elf deserters during the Troll Wars. These elves became the Sworn. These Arathi never joined the human kingdoms and have lived for centuries, undiscovered, in southern Duskwood. They are led by King Tenris... and High General Agamand Manadar.

One day, humans from Stormwind led an expedition to the very same area. King Tenris has summoned Agamand Manadar to eliminate this threat from their forests...

======================================

My campaign covers the story of the Arathi. As the introduction presents, they united the human tribes to create the seven kingdoms. I thought it was improbable that such a powerful tribe would come down to a single person (Anduin Lothar), so I decided to expand their story in to the (relatively) current Warcraft universe.

The story takes place sometime after the second war and the closing of the dark portal (Warcraft II), but before the third war(Warcraft III), in Duskwood, The Swamp of Sorrows and, Elwynn Forest and Deadwind Pass and also includes a version of the famed tower of Medivh, Karazhan.

Changelog:
v0.1.1: Demo version released. It contains the Prologue and the first two chapters. I planned to release when the first four chapters were ready, but I was curious what feedback i would get.

v0.1.2: Second demo version released. I have fix some bugs in chapter 1 and chapter 2 and also I included a beta for chapter 3!

v0.1.3: Third demo version released. I have improved Chapter 3, added more cameras to the intro, add chapter 4, added wildlife to chapter 1 forest and chapter 3 forest and fixed the bug that prevented chapter 2 to load.

v0.2.1: Beta released: I have improved all chapters. The heroes now have new abilities. I have added more creeps to chapter 3 and 4, I modified the side quests in chapter 3, added a new side quest in chapter 1 and added interlevel dependecies, meaning that if you finish a side quest in one chapter it will influence another chapter.

v0.2.2: Second beta released: The Arathi are back! Well I updated this thing AT LAST. It includes new chapters, one new interlude, and a completely different Chapter 3 as I wasn't satisfied at all with the previous one.

v0.2.2.1: Still at second beta. Some bugfixes on Chapters 2, 3, 5, 6 part 1 and 6 part 2.

Feedback and enjoy! Please tell me of any bugs as even though I've been working on eradicating any bugs I'm sure some of them are still left and I want to make it as bug-free as possible.

PS: I know the story is pretty ambiguous, but it will be clarified as the campaign goes. That's the beauty of it, it makes you wonder. As always, please give feedback so I can improve! Many thanks!

Credits:
General Frank - Darkweaver's model
trolman - Chapter 4's and Chapter 6/Part 1's terrain.
WherewolfTherewolf - helped improve the terrain to Chapter 5 and Chapter 6 part 2.
Thanks to the guys that made the models included in History. I forgot to write your names down. If you see this, leave a comment saying "I made x model!" and I'll credit you.

ENJOY!

Keywords:
arathi, humans, stormwind, arathor, anduin, lothar, agamand, manadar, darkweaver, kingdom, tenris, thoradin
Contents

Arathi Campaign (Campaign)

Reviews
06:40, 4th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. 06:40, 4th Aug 2010
    ap0calypse: Approved

2. Disasterpiece512

Disasterpiece512

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please comment and give feedback and tell me of any bugs. Thank you.

3. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Finally a map with a decent description! Maybe add titles and colorize them.

4. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well seems like a good map! :D
    I like the idea and the campaign overall, although some things i dont like:
    * No custom model for units/buildings/king,etc.(these are not smth that u must do, but it will make the map look better, plus your idea is nice, why not add some male archers? get it? :D).
    * Terrain needs more variation of tilesets

* At the second chapter(the swamp battle) there is a mercenary camp but it requires lumber and food to train those units.. :p
    * Short :)(i know its still unfinished

All to all, good luck, and hopefully this will be great!
    :D
    Edit: +rEPzoERERE!!!...

5. Undead_Frog

Undead_Frog

Resources:
    Resources:
    good

it is quite good so ar and i like the game play but there are 2 bugs i saw and they are:
    * in the first misssion when the bandit hero attacks the base and he is lowered to a certain hp, it restarts to the cinematic where the sworn hunter and palidan persuades him to fight for them
    *the mercanry camp mercanarys require food and lumber....

6. Disasterpiece512

Disasterpiece512

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you for your posts. I shall fix the bugs right away. If you find any more please let me know! I did not use custom models to show that in fact the humans are descendants of the Arathi, and although they have different names, they are in fact the same thing. But I will consider using some custom models.

7. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well i dont see how using human custom models would make any race changes? :p..
    Well they were away for a while, so i guess they did change during that time :).Maybe some different spellcasters, and Please remove the elven from the Arathi? why are there elves? :/...
    And on your next chapters can u pls reveal a bit of the story of the kingdom, and the king itself.
    Well good luck again ;)

8. Disasterpiece512

Disasterpiece512

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The Prologue explains why there are elves. I can't remove them, their presence is central to the plot. And the story will be revealed in due time, starting from chapter 5 or so...

9. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Heh i helped in this (chapter isnt here yet).
    Maybe you could use some human riflemen?

10. Disasterpiece512

Disasterpiece512

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The terrain you made for me will be used on the next chapter trolman. :) When I release the next demo for the campaign, I will give full credits to everyone that helped so far.

11. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey if you need more terrain help (with new chapters and old ones) dont be afraid to call.

12. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    i can help, i love doing alternate lore.

13. jupi9999

jupi9999

Resources:
    Resources:
    by me the swamp battle doesnt work idk why?

14. Disasterpiece512

Disasterpiece512

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    what do you mean it doesn't work?

15. jupi9999

jupi9999

Resources:
    Resources:
    well wehn i go 2 second campaing or swamp battle it just throws me out but first was sweet but cant tell for now the number because of that

16. phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey Watchman, I like the campaign! Anyways if you need any help with anything other then JASS I'd like to help!

17. gangu

gangu

Resources:
    Resources:
    good map! can't wait for the release.

18. Kiamati

Kiamati

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have the same problem with the second mission. When it should start uploding it (both from the end of the first mission and from the campaign's main screen) it simply kicks me back to the main screen. Any idea?

Thx

19. Disasterpiece512

Disasterpiece512

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm working on fixing it, but my computer keeps getting screwed up and I have to start over. I'll update tomorrow.