• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arathi Campaign

The Arathi were the most powerful tribe of humans. Under the rule of King Thoradin they united the rest of the human tribes and created the great kingdom of Arathor. Years later, Arathor divided into the seven human kingdoms: Lordaeron, Stormwind, Stromgarde, Gilneas, Kul Tiras, Alterac and Dalaran. They say the Lion of Stormwind, Anduin Lothar was the last decendant of King Thoradin. But they are wrong. For when Thoradin started unifying the human tribes, a few Arathi stayed behind. A few years later, they were joined by high elf deserters during the Troll Wars. These elves became the Sworn. These Arathi never joined the human kingdoms and have lived for centuries, undiscovered, in southern Duskwood. They are led by King Tenris... and High General Agamand Manadar.

One day, humans from Stormwind led an expedition to the very same area. King Tenris has summoned Agamand Manadar to eliminate this threat from their forests...

======================================

My campaign covers the story of the Arathi. As the introduction presents, they united the human tribes to create the seven kingdoms. I thought it was improbable that such a powerful tribe would come down to a single person (Anduin Lothar), so I decided to expand their story in to the (relatively) current Warcraft universe.

The story takes place sometime after the second war and the closing of the dark portal (Warcraft II), but before the third war(Warcraft III), in Duskwood, The Swamp of Sorrows and, Elwynn Forest and Deadwind Pass and also includes a version of the famed tower of Medivh, Karazhan.

Changelog:
v0.1.1: Demo version released. It contains the Prologue and the first two chapters. I planned to release when the first four chapters were ready, but I was curious what feedback i would get.

v0.1.2: Second demo version released. I have fix some bugs in chapter 1 and chapter 2 and also I included a beta for chapter 3!

v0.1.3: Third demo version released. I have improved Chapter 3, added more cameras to the intro, add chapter 4, added wildlife to chapter 1 forest and chapter 3 forest and fixed the bug that prevented chapter 2 to load.

v0.2.1: Beta released: I have improved all chapters. The heroes now have new abilities. I have added more creeps to chapter 3 and 4, I modified the side quests in chapter 3, added a new side quest in chapter 1 and added interlevel dependecies, meaning that if you finish a side quest in one chapter it will influence another chapter.

v0.2.2: Second beta released: The Arathi are back! Well I updated this thing AT LAST. It includes new chapters, one new interlude, and a completely different Chapter 3 as I wasn't satisfied at all with the previous one.

v0.2.2.1: Still at second beta. Some bugfixes on Chapters 2, 3, 5, 6 part 1 and 6 part 2.

Feedback and enjoy! Please tell me of any bugs as even though I've been working on eradicating any bugs I'm sure some of them are still left and I want to make it as bug-free as possible.

PS: I know the story is pretty ambiguous, but it will be clarified as the campaign goes. That's the beauty of it, it makes you wonder. As always, please give feedback so I can improve! Many thanks!

Credits:
General Frank - Darkweaver's model
trolman - Chapter 4's and Chapter 6/Part 1's terrain.
WherewolfTherewolf - helped improve the terrain to Chapter 5 and Chapter 6 part 2.
Thanks to the guys that made the models included in History. I forgot to write your names down. If you see this, leave a comment saying "I made x model!" and I'll credit you.

ENJOY!

Keywords:
arathi, humans, stormwind, arathor, anduin, lothar, agamand, manadar, darkweaver, kingdom, tenris, thoradin
Contents

Arathi Campaign (Campaign)

Reviews
06:40, 4th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 2
Hi Watchman, so tell me, how do i get past chapter SHAKEDOWN ? I watch that video at the end and they say they will continue to find the humans, then my screen scrolls down south and dims but then it does nothing after that , no new level , please assist me

Level 4
I WOLUD volunteer to help with cinematics ..... but i heavily despise creating them. Well.... im not sure if i do or not. The thing is im makin my own campaign. And every time without freakin fail my computer crashes. RIGHT AFTER I GOT ALL THE CUSTOM DATA SET!!!!!!!! I guess i don like having to do the same damn thing over again -_- so ive been forcing myself to do it over a period of time... I swear ive freakin memorized everything about my whole blood elf race by now without even playing it yet -_-

Level 3
Found a number of bugs. I ended chapter five with Darkweaver in demon form, and when i started chapter six, he was a demon hunter, with demon hunter skills, and the name Darksorrow. And, most annoyingly of all, he lost silence and crit strike, but didn't gain any skill points, so at level 10 he has level 3 immo, ulti, and level 2 mana burn. he was missing 4 skill points. Also, chapter six, part 2, when i got to the gate i killed it (it wasn't invulnerable), and then Doril attempted to open a already open gate. Also, they weren't hostile to Doril, and when both of my heroes died (the pitlord killed them both in under 30 seconds) the game didn't end, i sat there while they made a circle around Doril because they weren't hostile. And once the timer ran out, i still won, even though me heroes were dead. Overall, a good campaign, but these bugs were annoying, and please nerf the pitlord. Also, fight that i found to be the hardest in Karazhan was the very first one, with the 5 level 9 heroes. I had 2 out of three heroes below 100 hp. This didn't happen in and of the other fights, and the last fight in Karazhan was rather dissapointing, i didn't even need to use and abilities. Also, return is a fail ability, and it seems broken, half the time i use it, it just stays on me indefinitely. I would suggest replacing it with something like Dark Light. Same as the paladin's holy light, except that it deals the same amount of damage it does, but the values are lower. And he can use it on himself. So, overall, the healing with be smaller but the damage would be larger, and he can use it to heal himself, as befits a dark paladin.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Last edited:
Level 10
Found a number of bugs. I ended chapter five with Darkweaver in demon form, and when i started chapter six, he was a demon hunter, with demon hunter skills, and the name Darksorrow. And, most annoyingly of all, he lost silence and crit strike, but didn't gain any skill points, so at level 10 he has level 3 immo, ulti, and level 2 mana burn. he was missing 4 skill points. Also, chapter six, part 2, when i got to the gate i killed it (it wasn't invulnerable), and then Doril attempted to open a already open gate. Also, they weren't hostile to Doril, and when both of my heroes died (the pitlord killed them both in under 30 seconds) the game didn't end, i sat there while they made a circle around Doril because they weren't hostile. And once the timer ran out, i still won, even though me heroes were dead. Overall, a good campaign, but these bugs were annoying, and please nerf the pitlord. Also, fight that i found to be the hardest in Karazhan was the very first one, with the 5 level 9 heroes. I had 2 out of three heroes below 100 hp. This didn't happen in and of the other fights, and the last fight in Karazhan was rather dissapointing, i didn't even need to use and abilities. Also, return is a fail ability, and it seems broken, half the time i use it, it just stays on me indefinitely. I would suggest replacing it with something like Dark Light. Same as the paladin's holy light, except that it deals the same amount of damage it does, but the values are lower. And he can use it on himself. So, overall, the healing with be smaller but the damage would be larger, and he can use it to heal himself, as befits a dark paladin.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Very good ideas. Your wall of text has renewed my confidence in this campaign. Once Wherewolf finishes making a terrain for this campaign, I shall do some massive bug fixing and revamping while also adding new chapters. Thank you.

Level 3
^.^ Your welcome.

Mayhaps change Doril around as well, Blizzard heroes are so... overused.

For Example:
(feel free to change around the values if you use any of the abilities, these are just what i think would fit)
Powerwave:

Using the sheer force of his magical energy, the archmage sends forth a rippling wave of pure mana, causing damage to enemies, and restoring the power of allied units. (shockwave like ability, goes in a cone)

Same AoE/Range as the Tauren Chieftan shockwave ability.

Level 1: 85 Damage, 60 Mana restored to allied units, 200 mana max.

Level 2: 150 Damage, 120 Mana restored to allied units, 350 mana max.

Level 3: 215 Damage, 185 Mana restored to allied units, 500 mana max.

Infusion:

The target creature is infused with magical energies, having varying effects on the target.

700 Range at all Levels.

Level 1: 20% Attack Speed for an ally, 100 damage to an enemy and -15% Attack Speed.

Level 2: 35% Attack Speed for an ally, 200 damage to an enemy and -25% Attack Speed.

Level 3: 50% Attack Speed for an ally, 300 damage to an enemy and -35% Attack Speed.

Aura of the Archmage

Simply being around this great master of magic inspires allied creatures to continue fighting after they should be dead, and allows them to ignore certain amounts of pain.

Level 1: Allows allied creatures to ignore 3 damage from each physical injury they take. Minimum damage taken of 9. 700 AoE

Level 2: Allows allied creatures to ignore 6 damage from each physical injury they take. Minimum damage taken of 9. 800 AoE

Level 3: Allows allied creatures to ignore 9 damage from each physical injury they take. Minimum damage taken of 9. 900 AoE

Ultimate: Energy Explosion

The archmage draws in the energy of enemies surrounding him, doing 10 DPS for 5 seconds (channeling), and then releases it for 275 damage to each enemy in the area.

750 AoE

DARK PALADIN

Dark Light

The dark paladin gathers some of the shadows in the area surrounding him, and releases it unto the targeted creature.

Level 1: 125 Heal/125 Damage.

Level 2: 250 Heal/250 Damage.

Level 3: 375 Heal/375 Damage.
Can be used on the caster at all levels.

Last edited:
Level 4
Watchman, I realize you are looking for better models for Agamand. Well, im workin on a blood elf campaign and you use a lot of elvish units... needless to say, ive become very adept in the blood elf races creation... if you like I could muster a sworn elf race for ya. Id be glad to help ^^ I could send you part of ur campaign with my BE race replacing ur sworn race if u like to see if youd be interested ^^ email or something at [email protected]

Level 10
Watchman, I realize you are looking for better models for Agamand. Well, im workin on a blood elf campaign and you use a lot of elvish units... needless to say, ive become very adept in the blood elf races creation... if you like I could muster a sworn elf race for ya. Id be glad to help ^^ I could send you part of ur campaign with my BE race replacing ur sworn race if u like to see if youd be interested ^^ email or something at [email protected]

You could make a sworn race in a separate map and send it to me. They're not really blood elves, though, they're remnant high elves. Anyway, I really want a more warrior-like model for Agamand. If only someone could make it for me...

Level 4
well, I actually have buildings that were made for high elves... but i dont really like them. They look too... whats the word.... idk. but you might like it. And ill send you that map ASAP. O, and you want me to include the heroes or....

Level 1
Mumu

Hello, I played your campaings and i found bug:
Chapter 5-6: When i complete chapter 5 Darkweaver has spell Methamorphosis on and when i started chapter 6 he turned into night elf

Level 4
I can confirm that bug, and strangely enough, when reloading an earlier game Darkweaver stayed in Demon Hunter form, thus my skills for silence were lost.

I really liked this campaign, had a good mood, and practically none of the usual pathing problems custom campaigns have.

I hope you'll finish this, because it deserves it.

Level 10
Well it was a good campaign if you want to, you can have some terrainers help ya with the next chapter.
I really liked this approach and It has to have by far my most favorite units to date.

Level 1
I found a bug aswell. In Chapter One, when you run past the Blue Base before it is taken down. You can enter some woods in the top left corner, when I entered it with my heroes and units.. they dissapeared.

It didn't count as a hero kill and my next chapter started with no heroes, except for the Demon I freed at the Murlocs.

Level 1
you got another chapter of this story..?
why ther only 6 chapter..?
i want to know the end of the story dude...

Level 2
BUG! On the 3rd mission, the troll quest, then i click from a little left from the start I pressed attack move straight to the base, i actually ended up killing the troll and getting his head before getting the troll's head quest, it said completed will i was reaching the base and when i tried to give it to him it was gone. Please fix! thanks :D

Level 3
Campaign is really good only few changes needed
I think for the mission with anduin lothar u should put option for normal camera too
And second why the hell did i get shadowsong at mission i think 6 when i get into the tower?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Good Campaign but:
Needs cinematic skip, some grammar fixes, some texts slowed, unit deselection during cinematic, unit pause in cinematic, hiding of unwanted units and items during cinematic, Xp on creeps after level 5, lot of empty crates & barrels.
That storyteller voice is hilarious. Needs a fix or change.

First Level:
Scout patrols usually do not engage not to mention rescue.
Raze the bandit camp to the ground but then use them to aid you? Aren't they already dead if you raze them?
Does blue train another Archmage (lvl1)? or he has two one of lvl3 and one of lvl1?
The bandit lord does not attack in blue base and his men don't go across the river.

Second Level:
Bigger selection circle for the blue castle.

Third Level:
Killed the troll leader before going to the orcs. When I'm going towards the orcs but not really near them the grunt guard tells me to go in now and the troll quest completes. When entering their base the guard tells me he won't let me in if i don't bring the head and so the troll quest reappears. The west guards say i need to kill the troll but I already did. After I brought the head the quest did not complete.
I found the humans before the orc leader could help me.
Orcs get attacked by one Draenei WTF?
Maybe some orc hero glow.
Remove unecessary and unresearchable abilities for example pillage.
After all of the above I got and killed the humans which were much weaker than the troll avatar and nothing happened. Replayed the game and just killed the humans to win.

Fourth Level:
Cave wind sound too loud.
After the both meet their hit points are full.
Going with Darkweaver through the caverns won't stop the bandit heist cinematic but will not result in a transport.

Fifth Level:
Kurdran doesn't not move until the end.
Should modify Lothar must survive to Turalyon must survive after his death before everyone warcries.

Sixth LeveL:
Crazy brain busting laughs & sounds.

Seventh Level:
The archmage reaches level 10 and the others only get 9.
At the end you get Agamand's message there's nothing here at a growing rate.

Eight Level:
Man that Magtheridon is tough. Didn't keep up to beat him.
Left a water elemental to guard the troops at the tower and the undead slip by because of the distance.
Dispel the door but you can break it before lol. Just moved the archmage and was dispeling with his back. Could've disenchanted after the gate too.

Overall a fun and humorous campaign. Waiting for the end of it!
Did you draw the loding screen picture?

Last edited:
Level 3
Great campaign! The Story was great really noting bad about it.
There was only one bug though that I encountered while playing and I saw this is an earlier post. After the third mission Darkweaver became a night elf instead of a sworn elf. I lost all of his abilities except for immolation and metamorphesis. I hope you are still working on this campaign because its a very good one and I really want to know what happens next!
Murfinator

Level 10
I doubt if you're still working on this but a conclusion would be quite nice. You have sort of left us with the short stick at the end as to what is going to happen.

I quit WC3 mapmaking 3 years ago, as I have moved on to League of Legends, but seeing your comment brought me a great deal of nostalgia and I'm motivated to finish this campaign. Thank you. I'm downloading it now and playing through it to see where I left off and I shall start working on it ASAP.

Level 10
I quit WC3 mapmaking 3 years ago, as I have moved on to League of Legends, but seeing your comment brought me a great deal of nostalgia and I'm motivated to finish this campaign. Thank you. I'm downloading it now and playing through it to see where I left off and I shall start working on it ASAP.

This was a Great Campagin you should indeed finish it. It is also why I am back for a bit to finish up a map I made just for the Lulz

Level 2
Today i finish this wonderfull campaing and want to say only 1 thing:please do the Arathi II.
Good job man very good story very ontresting maps.
I want to give you 5/5 but i can't

Level 1
Playing it at the moment, but there is a major hero bug, Darkweaver turns into a standard Night Elf Demon Hunter after entering the Dark Riders Tower.

Level 4
Thanks for the kind words. Once I update the campaign, I shall leave you message :D

you should indeed update this campaign it has interesting story line , you should fix the terrain a bit the q and trigger s and in last chapter swornhunter transformed into demon hunter last two lvls

good luck:goblin_good_job: