• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Playing animation..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I made an ability based on the item ability Item Area Heal because it does not interrupt orders.
However, the unit stops to cast it - which is not ideal. There is no animation in the settings, nor cast time, so I suspect it's hardcoded.

Good alternative abilities?

I was thinking of Windwalk which I know is instant and does not play animation. However I am not sure if you can prevent the unit from going invisible.

Worst case scenario I will have to use the esc key.. but that is not a comfortable keybinding.

Level 37
There is no animation in the settings, nor cast time, so I suspect it's hardcoded.
It is definitely hardcoded. That is weird though... Item Area Heal are one of the few abilities that does not interrupt movement commands. If you want it to be instant, you need to set cast point and backswing to 0. However, I'm not sure if that will make it so that it still doesn't interrupt the movement order.

This might be useful:
Berserk, Defend, Magical Defense, Mana Shield, Immolation, Divine Shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.