• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Players affecting the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
This might be a common topic, does having players be a major part of story events in WoW/Warcraft lore bug anyone else? Where we are the big guys who vanquished a great demon while thrall just told us. I don't mean this for things like icecrown, as in the context of " The Argent Crusade, and heroes across Azeroth have come to defeat the Lich King".
What are your thoughts on it? Since I am very livid when there are things such as that :goblin_boom:.

Level 24
World of WarCraft has always been centric around us even since Vanilla. In Molten Core, the Black Temple, Ulduar, Firelands, Siege of Orgrimmar and Hellfire Citadel it was always us. The only difference is that now they credit us with a garrison and other cool stuff. Now we are getting special titles and items. Back then no one was special and now everyone's special which means no one's special, it all boils down to the same thing. The thing is that the alternative is to make no one special which means we're going to have less dialog with the big guys which would result in less important story and ultimately end up hurting the community.

That's how I see it and this is a complaint I've heard from a lot of people but I don't think they know what's the best for them. Raid finder is a radiant example of this many people complain about it, never the less the people who complain often clear raid finder every week which is stupidity incarnate. Most of them are not even in a raiding guild and unless you're in a guild that's competing for either world or realm first you're never going to be put in a situation were you are forced to do raid finder against your desire.

Level 8
World of WarCraft has always been centric around us even since Vanilla. In Molten Core, the Black Temple, Ulduar, Firelands, Siege of Orgrimmar and Hellfire Citadel it was always us. The only difference is that now they credit us with a garrison and other cool stuff. Now we are getting special titles and items. Back then no one was special and now everyone's special which means no one's special, it all boils down to the same thing. The thing is that the alternative is to make no one special which means we're going to have less dialog with the big guys which would result in less important story and ultimately end up hurting the community.

That's how I see it and this is a complaint I've heard from a lot of people but I don't think they know what's the best for them. Raid finder is a radiant example of this many people complain about it, never the less the people who complain often clear raid finder every week which is stupidity incarnate. Most of them are not even in a raiding guild and unless you're in a guild that's competing for either world or realm first you're never going to be put in a situation were you are forced to do raid finder against your desire.

I agree with the first paragraph, but I don't have any problems at the PVE side of the game. Just that I wonder if there any other people who share a similar opinion as mine ( disliking that in some events in Warcraft's major lore, it's about the player ). Though that could be ignorance.

Level 24
I agree with the first paragraph, but I don't have any problems at the PVE side of the game. Just that I wonder if there any other people who share a similar opinion as mine ( disliking that in some events in Warcraft's major lore, it's about the player ). Though that could be ignorance.

Well the second paragraph was simply a way for me to articulate that people don't always know what they're talking about, I hardly want this to turn into a debate about raid finder.

And I would say that maybe there is some perfect middle ground, maybe we're being credited too much nowadays but I believe that we're closer to the perfect solution now then we were in vanilla.

Level 8
Well the second paragraph was simply a way for me to articulate that people don't always know what they're talking about, I hardly want this to turn into a debate about raid finder.

And I would say that maybe there is some perfect middle ground, maybe we're being credited too much nowadays but I believe that we're closer to the perfect solution now then we were in vanilla.

Agreed! :goblin_yeah:

Status
Not open for further replies.