• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Player Color - Adjustable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hold on we can add in custom team colors to maps? Are there any resources for these?

Just I've been playing WC3 for over a decade, and I have never ever seen a single map use a custom team color (a team color not present in vanilla WC3).

Hold on we can add in custom team colors to maps? Are there any resources for these?

Just I've been playing WC3 for over a decade, and I have never ever seen a single map use a custom team color (a team color not present in vanilla WC3).

Yes you can edit the existing team colors located in War3.mpq > Replaceable Textures > Team Color. You however can't add new ones as far as I know..

Level 15
Right so does anyone have a screen shot of this?

If I replaced say the TeamColor.blp corresponding to Red with say a random .blp like an icon, what would happen?

Level 12
If I replaced say the TeamColor.blp corresponding to Red with say a random .blp like an icon, what would happen?

Replaced it with some random icon I found on this site:

Attachments

• TeamColorChanged.jpg
    TeamColorChanged.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 189
Level 15
Haha thank you Ezekiel12. That's sort of hilarious.

Though I wonder if there's any way to make the hero glow match the overall color of the texture? But I am starting to steal this thread.

Level 12
Team glow with the same icon imported:
(note that you can not import team glow or color into the map, its only loaded at wc3 startup)
e: man, the horse really doesn't like it..

Attachments

• TeamGlowChanged.jpg
    TeamGlowChanged.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 162
Level 12
Like other files which are not loaded from the map, change existing mpqs, make custom ones or use a folder structure if local files are enabled.

Level 15
Haha thank you again Ezekiel12.

Oh so wait we cannot overwrite the team color paths for a custom map? That is probably why I've never seen it before.

Haha thank you again Ezekiel12.

Oh so wait we cannot overwrite the team color paths for a custom map? That is probably why I've never seen it before.

I think you can override them in a map, using MPQ Editor and directly overriding them in the .mpq of the selected map, avoiding Import Manager. Maybe it will work?

MPQs are more risky since some editors do not actually delete the files when you do (when you make a mistake with the files, etc.) and take up space.

However I guess there is no choice, so they should be imported at map completion and when you actually have set your mind on which team color/glow to use.

Level 12
I still can not get the concept of this site of some people guessing or just saying wrong things. When I say something, its always verified. And if there should come up a case where I'm not sure, I will say so.

I still can not get the concept of this site of some people guessing or just saying wrong things. When I say something, its always verified. And if there should come up a case where I'm not sure, I will say so.

You mean about the hypothesis that mentioned to use MPQ Editor rather than Import Manager? It was a hypothesis and a conclusion to test out various ways of overriding team color in maps. It did not work, but that does not mean that I will ever trust your word and not investigate myself. As always if you are offended please refrain from commenting off-topic posts. When you say something it does not mean that it is verified without further proof of analysis.

Level 21
The reason I suggest ways that are not tested is that sometimes a problem can be solved in new ways. I do not have the willingness to test out every single way, so the OP can just pick and choose in what order to try things. With some common sense it's possible to assume which ways are more likely to work and if the person truly came here for help, then this little work probably isn't comparable to what they've already tried before.

Status
Not open for further replies.